Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vampires

Blink4567

Ok so heres my belief. I was pondering the Idea of real vampires in the world. The idea's we have based on them are more then just fiction I believe. I mean if they did exsist they arent just going to Jump out in the world and say here i am. I think more of anything it is a real disease. Kind of like the virus that could exsist for zombies. I mean transelvania was a very dark and morbid place (supposably the starting place of vampires). We dont know exactly whats in this world , we only know what we want to know and in our world it is very improbable and impossible for vampires to exist, Just like aliens. We as the human race are so stubborn to have any inclination that maybe other beings run amok our world. So back to my theory what if the way vampires spread this "disease isnt to drain the blood of thier victom but to inject them and the venom turns thier DNA into something stronger than what we know? I think that medically they would be dead but still living. They would need blood to keep on living and thriving. People have this idea of vampires being immortal, but what if its just a harder way to live? Just with extroidanary results. It could just be something that is possible, and is a way for people to thrive longer just in a very morbid way? Idk i understand that some things are just that a story, but what if that story becomes your life?

I would like people that would like to be open minded and have any evidence to please respond. If all you have to say is that its impossible or just plain nuts, please dont waste yours or my time. I dont want to argue just discuss the reahlm of possiblities of this being true, even if it is not.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• Stormcrow

• Blink4567

• HerNibs

Ok, so theoretically, how does the science of this work, in your opinion?

Just before we start this is just from the little I know about vampires as they aren't really a topic that interests me greatly

anyway there does seem to be some holes in your theory

I mean transelvania was a very dark and morbid place (supposably the starting place of vampires).

this is a modern idea inspired by known fictional works while some believe the origins of vampire mythology has its routes in slavic paganism but this is a "faith" that stretched from modern day poland to what is now east russia, strangly what is modern day romania (where transylvania is)wasn't really thought of as a slavic area (as u can see on this map here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Slavic_europe.svg )

Kind of like the virus that could exsist for zombies

again this is another modern idea, while vampires used to be thought of a disease spreaders the idea that this is a disease itself comes from modern fiction especially movies.

disease isnt to drain the blood of thier victom but to inject them and the venom turns thier DNA into something stronger than what we know? I think that medically they would be dead but still living. They would need blood to keep on living and thriving.

I don't mean to sounds rude but were well into the realm of pretty much impossible. this sentence really doesn't make alot (if any) scientific sense at all.

finally I'm fairly sure vampires weren't always considered as blood drinkers in old folklore and mythology (as I know the Italians used to put bricks in the mouths of some of there dead to stop them "eating" there shrouds, and coming back to life to spread diseases like the plague).

I'm not saying vampires don't exist (even tho I don't believe they do) but I would recommend you send some time looking back at the origins of the mythology

Edited by Spend

Ok so heres my belief. I was pondering the Idea of real vampires in the world. The idea's we have based on them are more then just fiction I believe. I mean if they did exsist they arent just going to Jump out in the world and say here i am. I think more of anything it is a real disease. Kind of like the virus that could exsist for zombies. I mean transelvania was a very dark and morbid place (supposably the starting place of vampires). We dont know exactly whats in this world , we only know what we want to know and in our world it is very improbable and impossible for vampires to exist, Just like aliens. We as the human race are so stubborn to have any inclination that maybe other beings run amok our world. So back to my theory what if the way vampires spread this "disease isnt to drain the blood of thier victom but to inject them and the venom turns thier DNA into something stronger than what we know? I think that medically they would be dead but still living. They would need blood to keep on living and thriving. People have this idea of vampires being immortal, but what if its just a harder way to live? Just with extroidanary results. It could just be something that is possible, and is a way for people to thrive longer just in a very morbid way? Idk i understand that some things are just that a story, but what if that story becomes your life?

I would like people that would like to be open minded and have any evidence to please respond. If all you have to say is that its impossible or just plain nuts, please dont waste yours or my time. I dont want to argue just discuss the reahlm of possiblities of this being true, even if it is not.

Well it seems to me that you have set up yet another definition of vampire. *shrug* Yeah, if we keep changing what the word means (traditionally) then eventually we will hit on something that matches "real life".

Vampire - creature that was dead. Death was caused by other undead creature biting or sucking the blood from individual. Creature now animated by evil forces that cause them to continue drinking blood. Evil, unthinking, smelly creatures.

IMO - you are just describing an sick human. Nothing to do with "traditional" idea of vampire.

Nibs

I mean if they did exsist they arent just going to Jump out in the world and say here i am.

They do here at UM!

Same with the werewolves.

no those are just LARPs. I also, believe in the possibility that there may be vampires...but they prolly will never come out..not that I would want them too, because when i think vampire, I think 30 days of night.

Ok so heres my belief. I was pondering the Idea of real vampires in the world. The idea's we have based on them are more then just fiction I believe. I mean if they did exsist they arent just going to Jump out in the world and say here i am. I think more of anything it is a real disease. Kind of like the virus that could exsist for zombies. I mean transelvania was a very dark and morbid place (supposably the starting place of vampires). We dont know exactly whats in this world , we only know what we want to know and in our world it is very improbable and impossible for vampires to exist, Just like aliens.

Alright, we'll start here.

The Vampire depicted in Transylvania, with super strength, fangs etc etc is commonly a work of fiction. In fact, it seems it can be pretty much traced back to Mr. Bram Stoker's "Dracula." Transylvania get's it's dark Morbid feel more from the king "Vlad Tepes" who impaled his victims, and committed other grizzly acts. And of coarse the countess known as "Elizabeth Bathory" who drank and bathed in blood, I'm picking at my brains trying to remember but I think she believed it somehow restored her youth, many also think she was more where Bram got his inspiration from than Vlad.

It's hard to pin point where exactly the lore gained it's ground, it seems to have sprouted from earlier beliefs in the restless dead. All the way back to Greek mythology there was tales of the dead that taunted the living during the hours of darkness. But the "Vampire" seems to have widely been spread as Spend mentioned in Eastern Europe/Slavic lore. But what was described as a Vampire is nothing like what your getting at...

We as the human race are so stubborn to have any inclination that maybe other beings run amok our world. So back to my theory what if the way vampires spread this "disease isnt to drain the blood of thier victom but to inject them and the venom turns thier DNA into something stronger than what we know? I think that medically they would be dead but still living. They would need blood to keep on living and thriving. People have this idea of vampires being immortal, but what if its just a harder way to live? Just with extroidanary results. It could just be something that is possible, and is a way for people to thrive longer just in a very morbid way? Idk i understand that some things are just that a story, but what if that story becomes your life?

Firstly what was considered to be a vampire when the hysteria broke out was usually lack of understanding, a corpse, bloated and with blood leaking from the mouth was usually a sign of a vampire for example, but we know in our time that this is a normal part of the cycle of decomposition.

Also if a race of Vampires such as you say existed, constantly feeding, biting, so easily passing on this "infection" were they truly to exist, the world would be quite populated with them I think and they would be forced to come out of the shadows and reveal them self to us quite like we read in a lot of modern fiction.

I do suggest reading up more on the subject there's far too much info that one can't fit into a post, there are countless books and research done on the Vampire that it's almost impossible to ignore the facts. I understand it's easy to question and be curious, but it's better to understand the subject fully if it interests you so.

There isn't any evidence to truly support the Vampires of folklore, never mind the kind in fiction.

Edited by Moon Minion

There would have been a documented case of it by now. Consider how long the story of vampires has been in existence. There is no way a being of supernatural ability who is also intelligent would remain hidden completely for hundreds of years.

One would come forward for a television interview, or one would be found by other means.

Vampirism was a tale spun to explain Porphyria, a very real disease. The only parts that were made up were being immortal/undead, super powers, and holy water hurting them. Garlic really does hurt them as does sunlight, and drinking blood does happen from time to time. They also grow fangs. Porphyria sufferers have a shortened life, are weak and frail, and are generally miserable until the day they die.

Porphyria:

There exists a fairly rare group of genetic disorders that have unfairly branded many sufferers with the term "vampire". These poor souls are extremely sensitive to sunlight that can easily result in burns and abrasions, and so they prefer darkness. They suffer from acute attacks of abdominal pains, vomiting and loose stools. Their urine may have a purplish-red color leading some to wrongly believe that it results from drinking blood. Those afflicted may have increased hair growth, and with repeated damage, their skin tightens and shrinks. When this occurs around the mouth, the canine teeth appear to be more prominent, and suggestive of fangs. At other times, it causes depression and affects the brain to produce peculiar behavior. It is probably no surprise that garlic makes all the symptoms worse. Porphyria is a misunderstood condition that has affected the likes of Mary Queen of Scots and King George III.

Porphyria refers to a growing collection of disorders in which there are abnormalities in the enzymes involved in heme production. Heme is an iron-containing compound used throughout the body. The most common heme-containing substance found in our bodies is the hemoglobin in our red blood cells - an essential component to transport oxygen around our bodies. There are at least eight steps in the production of heme, and at least eight different types of porphyria can result when an enzyme malfunctions and levels of intermediate substances rise to beyond what the body is accustomed to. It is a condition that runs in families and is inherited. At one time, it was thought to be a dominant trait requiring only one gene from one parent, but there are recessive forms now identified in which genes need to come from both parents.

Porphyria is very difficult to diagnose. Its symptoms mimic those of a hundred other conditions. Traditional testing rarely shows a problem, and patients who develop recurrent acute attacks often require strong narcotics to control the abdominal pain. They often undergo surgery for appendicitis or ovarian conditions without positive findings, and then run the risk of being labeled with a narcotic addiction. There are no easy tests available to diagnose the various porphyria conditions. The best time to attempt diagnosis is when the symptoms are active. Special urine tests looking for PBG (porphobilinogen) and ALA (delta-aminolevulinic acid) can provide a starting clue. More intricate testing then follows in an attempt to make a precise diagnosis.

Porphyria sufferers are affected by anything that can alter the functioning of the deficient enzymes. This can occur to different degrees. Some people are affected so slightly that the diagnosis is never considered. Herbs, drugs, alcohol and even hormones can produce acute attacks by interfering with enzyme function. Sufferers are counseled as to which medications to avoid. Maintaining a hardy diet low in carbohydrates is essential. The best news of all is that if the diagnosis is considered, then infusing heme molecules produced in the laboratory can treat acute attacks. After all, heme is what the body is ultimately craving for when an attack occurs.

When encountering the supernatural, consider the evidence because it usually provides an alternately plausible explanation. Have a safe All Hallow's Eve, and remember that those vampires may be nothing more than ordinary people experiencing distress. Have a treat on me.

source

Edited by cpjason

saying they could exist, like a virus for a zombie (that you got from the modern 'zombie' movies) doesnt help your cause. and just because transelvania is a dark creepy looking place (according to you) doesnt mean they exist either, and its not the starting place of vamps either as they got back even further.

no science shows drinking blood keeps the 'dead' living. thats cant happen.

i know you didnt wanna hear it, but vampires dont exist, and nothing you said lends credence to it. the only vamps are people today who dress like them and decide to drink others blood who allow it.

As I said before yes this is all theoretical. Transelvania is the only well known origin I am aware of. Speaking from "dracula" who of course was nothing more than a very dark nobelman. But as i said before i am looking for the evidence and more wondering on the subject. And you are right I do need to do more research on the mythology but the possibility is still a possibility. Like i also said Im entertaining the idea, more than just throwing it aside. Like maybe they may eat meat as well.

saying they could exist, like a virus for a zombie (that you got from the modern 'zombie' movies) doesnt help your cause. and just because transelvania is a dark creepy looking place (according to you) doesnt mean they exist either, and its not the starting place of vamps either as they got back even further.

no science shows drinking blood keeps the 'dead' living. thats cant happen.

i know you didnt wanna hear it, but vampires dont exist, and nothing you said lends credence to it. the only vamps are people today who dress like them and decide to drink others blood who allow it.

Yes ive seen that taboo as well, lol. As i said before im actually entertaining the idea so i will keep doing so.

Thanks for keeping to the original post, and entertaining the idea instead of just shooting me down. I think you guys just enjoy being negative really, so please just respect my post. Its not the most scientifically correct at all but owell.

There would have been a documented case of it by now. Consider how long the story of vampires has been in existence. There is no way a being of supernatural ability who is also intelligent would remain hidden completely for hundreds of years.

One would come forward for a television interview, or one would be found by other means.

Vampirism was a tale spun to explain Porphyria, a very real disease. The only parts that were made up were being immortal/undead, super powers, and holy water hurting them. Garlic really does hurt them as does sunlight, and drinking blood does happen from time to time. They also grow fangs. Porphyria sufferers have a shortened life, are weak and frail, and are generally miserable until the day they die.

Porphyria:

There exists a fairly rare group of genetic disorders that have unfairly branded many sufferers with the term "vampire". These poor souls are extremely sensitive to sunlight that can easily result in burns and abrasions, and so they prefer darkness. They suffer from acute attacks of abdominal pains, vomiting and loose stools. Their urine may have a purplish-red color leading some to wrongly believe that it results from drinking blood. Those afflicted may have increased hair growth, and with repeated damage, their skin tightens and shrinks. When this occurs around the mouth, the canine teeth appear to be more prominent, and suggestive of fangs. At other times, it causes depression and affects the brain to produce peculiar behavior. It is probably no surprise that garlic makes all the symptoms worse. Porphyria is a misunderstood condition that has affected the likes of Mary Queen of Scots and King George III.

Porphyria refers to a growing collection of disorders in which there are abnormalities in the enzymes involved in heme production. Heme is an iron-containing compound used throughout the body. The most common heme-containing substance found in our bodies is the hemoglobin in our red blood cells - an essential component to transport oxygen around our bodies. There are at least eight steps in the production of heme, and at least eight different types of porphyria can result when an enzyme malfunctions and levels of intermediate substances rise to beyond what the body is accustomed to. It is a condition that runs in families and is inherited. At one time, it was thought to be a dominant trait requiring only one gene from one parent, but there are recessive forms now identified in which genes need to come from both parents.

Porphyria is very difficult to diagnose. Its symptoms mimic those of a hundred other conditions. Traditional testing rarely shows a problem, and patients who develop recurrent acute attacks often require strong narcotics to control the abdominal pain. They often undergo surgery for appendicitis or ovarian conditions without positive findings, and then run the risk of being labeled with a narcotic addiction. There are no easy tests available to diagnose the various porphyria conditions. The best time to attempt diagnosis is when the symptoms are active. Special urine tests looking for PBG (porphobilinogen) and ALA (delta-aminolevulinic acid) can provide a starting clue. More intricate testing then follows in an attempt to make a precise diagnosis.

Porphyria sufferers are affected by anything that can alter the functioning of the deficient enzymes. This can occur to different degrees. Some people are affected so slightly that the diagnosis is never considered. Herbs, drugs, alcohol and even hormones can produce acute attacks by interfering with enzyme function. Sufferers are counseled as to which medications to avoid. Maintaining a hardy diet low in carbohydrates is essential. The best news of all is that if the diagnosis is considered, then infusing heme molecules produced in the laboratory can treat acute attacks. After all, heme is what the body is ultimately craving for when an attack occurs.

When encountering the supernatural, consider the evidence because it usually provides an alternately plausible explanation. Have a safe All Hallow's Eve, and remember that those vampires may be nothing more than ordinary people experiencing distress. Have a treat on me.

source

Thank youuuu for that CP! Much appreciated information.

Somebody's been watching that crappy "Twilight" too much. :w00t:

lol, havnt seen it in a while. But i prolly did get that venom theory from that. she did get the whole series from a dream so just maybe, right? lol

Alright, we'll start here.

The Vampire depicted in Transylvania, with super strength, fangs etc etc is commonly a work of fiction. In fact, it seems it can be pretty much traced back to Mr. Bram Stoker's "Dracula." Transylvania get's it's dark Morbid feel more from the king "Vlad Tepes" who impaled his victims, and committed other grizzly acts. And of coarse the countess known as "Elizabeth Bathory" who drank and bathed in blood, I'm picking at my brains trying to remember but I think she believed it somehow restored her youth, many also think she was more where Bram got his inspiration from than Vlad.

It's hard to pin point where exactly the lore gained it's ground, it seems to have sprouted from earlier beliefs in the restless dead. All the way back to Greek mythology there was tales of the dead that taunted the living during the hours of darkness. But the "Vampire" seems to have widely been spread as Spend mentioned in Eastern Europe/Slavic lore. But what was described as a Vampire is nothing like what your getting at...

Firstly what was considered to be a vampire when the hysteria broke out was usually lack of understanding, a corpse, bloated and with blood leaking from the mouth was usually a sign of a vampire for example, but we know in our time that this is a normal part of the cycle of decomposition.

Also if a race of Vampires such as you say existed, constantly feeding, biting, so easily passing on this "infection" were they truly to exist, the world would be quite populated with them I think and they would be forced to come out of the shadows and reveal them self to us quite like we read in a lot of modern fiction.

I do suggest reading up more on the subject there's far too much info that one can't fit into a post, there are countless books and research done on the Vampire that it's almost impossible to ignore the facts. I understand it's easy to question and be curious, but it's better to understand the subject fully if it interests you so.

There isn't any evidence to truly support the Vampires of folklore, never mind the kind in fiction.

Thank you moon, And I will

no those are just LARPs. I also, believe in the possibility that there may be vampires...but they prolly will never come out..not that I would want them too, because when i think vampire, I think 30 days of night.

Larps?

LARP= Live Action Role Play

ok I'm not a vampire believer I believe in quite a few things but never really vampires so I really never had given them much thought. But I do believer that every myth or legend comes from some where.

So I will give some thoughts on your vampires.

There are things such as shape shifters (warewolfs, skinwalkers, bearwalkers, ect.) basically anything that can shape shift I do believe in them

Now this is just my beliefs I believe they are a cult that has been around for thousands of years one of the oldest cults there is. in order to shape shift they have made a pack sorta say with Satin to be able to do black magic and a lot of really evil stuff that basically there is nothing they can't do. Now also they are not able to eat regular food in order to keep their outh that they have made which they have to keep so they do not lose their evil power

they can only eat un-kosher parts of animals at least when it comes to meat it has to be un-kosher that is in my opinion where all the cattle mutilations and things come into play.

now at the same time shape shifters have to drink blood in order to stay alive.

So with that said hears is my theory on the Vampires they again are one in the same as the shape shifters. at some point in time probably more than once they were caught in their human form drinking the blood of something, animals maybe even human.

and this is where I think the Vampire legend may have came from.

So do they exist in this sense I would say yes they indeed do even though I have never given them much thought but I guess they really could.

but again they are just one in the same a very evil cult that is as old as the human race itself.

Edited by Lewys

As I said before yes this is all theoretical. Transelvania is the only well known origin I am aware of. Speaking from "dracula" who of course was nothing more than a very dark nobelman. But as i said before i am looking for the evidence and more wondering on the subject. And you are right I do need to do more research on the mythology but the possibility is still a possibility. Like i also said Im entertaining the idea, more than just throwing it aside. Like maybe they may eat meat as well.

ummm...Dracula wasnt real though.

whenever i hear people claiming vampires are in hiding i ask, WHERE? is there really such a place where an entire species could remain hidden?, i can only think about dense jungles or the arctic, those places with little human population, which wouldnt make sense cause they need people for feeding, where did this vamps go in WW1 or 2 when a lot of europe was destroyed, were their hidding places also destroyed? and with all the research we have explained almost every single aspect of the vampire, it all has an explanation, and as was said before the vampire you speak of, drinking blood and hiding in the shadows, is a fictional one, the "historic" vampire just came back from the grave(and he was ugly as hell, cause his body had decayed a bit) and was pretty dumb, not like the clever movie vamps, it was said that in order to avoid a vampire you put a sack of rice in front of you house, when the vamp sees it he will stop and start counting the rice, before he could finish the sun came out and he returned to his grave(does that sound like the vampire you speak of?). when people say ghosts exist or spirit or elementals, etc. i try to keep an open mind cause these are things that supposedly exist in another dimension, so that could explain why we dont see them around, but to think that theres an actual physical being hiding there without ever being caught is really almost impossible in my opinion, but you go ahead and keep looking for them, let me know if you have any luck

ok I'm not a vampire believer I believe in quite a few things but never really vampires so I really never had given them much thought. But I do believer that every myth or legend comes from some where.

So I will give some thoughts on your vampires.

There are things such as shape shifters (warewolfs, skinwalkers, bearwalkers, ect.) basically anything that can shape shift I do believe in them

Now this is just my beliefs I believe they are a cult that has been around for thousands of years one of the oldest cults there is. in order to shape shift they have made a pack sorta say with Satin to be able to do black magic and a lot of really evil stuff that basically there is nothing they can't do. Now also they are not able to eat regular food in order to keep their outh that they have made which they have to keep so they do not lose their evil power

they can only eat un-kosher parts of animals at least when it comes to meat it has to be un-kosher that is in my opinion where all the cattle mutilations and things come into play.

now at the same time shape shifters have to drink blood in order to stay alive.

So with that said hears is my theory on the Vampires they again are one in the same as the shape shifters. at some point in time probably more than once they were caught in their human form drinking the blood of something, animals maybe even human.

and this is where I think the Vampire legend may have came from.

So do they exist in this sense I would say yes they indeed do even though I have never given them much thought but I guess they really could.

but again they are just one in the same a very evil cult that is as old as the human race itself.

what are you basing this on? this sounds even more unlikely than the OP, if you say "they exist", then thats an opinion, but what youre saying is a complete and detailed theory, where did you get these ideas? you cant just make up a bunch of details, do you have any evidence?

what are you basing this on? this sounds even more unlikely than the OP, if you say "they exist", then thats an opinion, but what youre saying is a complete and detailed theory, where did you get these ideas? you cant just make up a bunch of details, do you have any evidence?

I'm basing it off what I have been taught my whole life. the Elders teach us about the Skin Walker as we call them.

Werewolf or other shape shifters depending on where you are located they are called many different things.

According to what I have been taught they need blood to survive. not because they are dead but because it is something to do with the pack they have made. It gets complicated and a very long story if you have not been taught about them.

Now you have to believe in them first to even think about my theory. But I'm just going of what we are taught about them.

I never really thought about Vampires before but when thinking about it where I do believe in the Shape Shifters it makes some sense to me. But again you would have to believe in it.

I plan on asking the Elders about this theory but have not done so yet.

as to evidence no just what we are taught and what I have seen. which is enough for me. however not good for anyone else.

Edited by Lewys

I'm basing it off what I have been taught my whole life. the Elders teach us about the Skin Walker as we call them.

Werewolf or other shape shifters depending on where you are located they are called many different things.

According to what I have been taught they need blood to survive. not because they are dead but because it is something to do with the pack they have made. It gets complicated and a very long story if you have not been taught about them.

Now you have to believe in them first to even think about my theory. But I'm just going of what we are taught about them.

I never really thought about Vampires before but when thinking about it where I do believe in the Shape Shifters it makes some sense to me. But again you would have to believe in it.

I plan on asking the Elders about this theory but have not done so yet.

as to evidence no just what we are taught and what I have seen. which is enough for me. however not good for anyone else.

Don't worry, you are absolutely right in your beliefs. Vampires exist, let there be no doubt about that.

Don't worry, you are absolutely right in your beliefs. Vampires exist, let there be no doubt about that.

Please tell us exactly what kind of vampires exist.

The word "vampire" has grown to mean all types of creatures, lifestyles, undead, etc.

EXACTLY what are you stating exists?

Nibs

Please tell us exactly what kind of vampires exist.

The word "vampire" has grown to mean all types of creatures, lifestyles, undead, etc.

EXACTLY what are you stating exists?

Nibs

You are absolutely right, the word Vampire is stunningly over-used today.

Let me clarify - What I call vampires are essentially dead humans, given life again. (By what I suspect is a form of virus, but of this I simply cannot be certain) This can occur, I assume, to any given corpse. It could occur to the corpse of a person who lived a good life, or a bad life. It doesn't honestly matter, due to the vamparic condition seemingly deteriorating all of their past pyschological traits and replacing them with primal needs. They eat livestock primarily, but are a threat to humans. They generally hibernate during the sunlight hours, during which hibernations. Their appearence is gradually less and less humanoid, and I believe that the vamparic process is a symptom of a transformation.

This is simply my experience however, and that is what I mean't when I said vampire.

You are absolutely right, the word Vampire is stunningly over-used today.

Let me clarify - What I call vampires are essentially dead humans, given life again. (By what I suspect is a form of virus, but of this I simply cannot be certain) This can occur, I assume, to any given corpse. It could occur to the corpse of a person who lived a good life, or a bad life. It doesn't honestly matter, due to the vamparic condition seemingly deteriorating all of their past pyschological traits and replacing them with primal needs. They eat livestock primarily, but are a threat to humans. They generally hibernate during the sunlight hours, during which hibernations. Their appearence is gradually less and less humanoid, and I believe that the vamparic process is a symptom of a transformation.

This is simply my experience however, and that is what I mean't when I said vampire.

You are aware, of course, that someone is gonig to come along shortly and say "evidence please".

And look - here I am now - Evidence please.