Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Leno out, Fallon in

jay leno jimmy fallon tonight show

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,122 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

(CNN) -- On Wednesday, Jay Leno confirmed the rampant reports that he's once again departing "The Tonight Show," presumably for good this time.
He'll wrap up his 22-year run as host in spring 2014, with Jimmy Fallon officially signing on as his replacement.
"Congratulations Jimmy," Leno said. "I hope you're as lucky as me and hold on to the job until you're the old guy. If you need me, I'll be at the garage."
According to a statement from NBC, "As part of the transition, 'The Tonight Show' will be returning to its original home in 30 Rock in New York" from Leno's base of Los Angeles.
The expectation that he would leave NBC's legendary late-night program has been building recently. NBC execs told The Hollywood Reporter and The New York Times in early March that Leno was going to be out and someone else, most likely "Late Night" host Fallon, was going to be in.

READ MORE

They consider this 'BREAKING NEWS' on CNN??? Seriously???

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#2    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,047 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:20 PM

We want to be entertained because we've lost the ability to entertain ourselves.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#3    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,122 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Personally I like Fallon far better than Leno. Fallon is a Syracuse Orange fan :tu:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#4    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

• When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Both are crap.

Leno was at least a legit stand up comedian and had some decent material early in his career. Fallon has no comedic talent at all. He rode the coattails of others on Sat Night Live, like Horatio Sanz, which, isn't saying much.

Edited by ChewiesArmy, 03 April 2013 - 08:49 PM.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users