Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real?

MysteryX

UFO-SkINNY BOB Roswell alien fake or real? I SAY NOT ONLY REAL, but one of the only real ever caught with a cammera.

You cant be serious!? :lol: This is as fake as it gets.

You cant be serious!? :lol: This is as fake as it gets.

So that is what you think? So if it was fake do you think it was a puppet? Or was it CGI? Most CGI experts say it cannot be done and that if it is a fake then it has to be a very expensive puppet. If you go full screen of this video you can even see eyelashes.

The other video I'm looking for that I would like to post here is the same footage but with the color filters inverted. The last version I know of has been removed for some reason. What was really intresting about that video before it was removed was when it was inverted you could see in the eye of the alien a man or woman sitting at a desk with depth and field (3D aspects) with a door and a file cabinet behind him. This type of image in iverted color filters could not occur unless it was alive. Glass eyes will not produce this effect. If I cannot find another copy of that video I will try to have it remade. The reason I mention it heree is the hopes someone else could make it or know where a copy of it is. If you have seen something like I have been speaking of please link it in this thread.

Lastly if it is a fake then why hasn't someone else duplicated it. I think it would be fun to duplicate it with the same shots except

near the end have the alien flip you the bird and then hold up a sign saying, "hey stupid I'm a CGI fake" However no screaming people

saying its fake can duplicate it, nor can any CGI expert seem to be able to duplicate this alien. Gee, its black and white even, should be easy to do.

Why have they not done it? The answer is clear to me.

Edited by MysteryX

So that is what you think? So if it was fake do you think it was a puppet? Or was it CGI? Most CGI experts say it cannot be done and that if it is a fake then it has to be a very expensive puppet. If you go full screen of this video you can even see eyelashes.

The other video I'm looking for that I would like to post here is the same footage but with the color filters inverted. The last version I know of has been removed for some reason. What was really intresting about that video before it was removed was when it was inverted you could see in the eye of the alien a man or woman sitting at a desk with depth and field (3D aspects) with a door and a file cabinet behind him. This type of image in iverted color filters could not occur unless it was alive. Glass eyes will not produce this effect. If I cannot find another copy of that video I will try to have it remade. The reason I mention it heree is the hopes someone else could make it or know where a copy of it is. If you have seen something like I have been speaking of please link it in this thread.

Lastly if it is a fake then why hasn't someone else duplicated it. I think it would be fun to duplicate it with the same shots except

near the end have the alien flip you the bird and then hold up a sign saying, "hey stupid I'm a CGI fake" However no screaming people

saying its fake can duplicate it, nor can any CGI expert seem to be able to duplicate this alien. Gee, its black and white even, should be easy to do.

Now you gone and done it ! A Double Dog - Dare ! Now we will be seeing this soon on Youtube with maybe Charlie Sheen, or Tex Like "There Out there Man" :innocent:

The 'Skinny Bob' alien moves quite smoothly, were this actually filmed on an old 1940s 8mm camera the movement would not be so fluid. IMO this one's a hoax, filmed with a more modern camera and doctored to look vintage 1940s.

I find that CGI claim very hard to believe considering productions like this.

Have you considered the budget?

THis dog dont hunt any more ! Skinny-Bob should be put to rest in the round fileing container ! :rolleyes:

Can we save some broad ban here ?

Too funny D, made my day! :w00t::tu:

The 'Skinny Bob' alien moves quite smoothly, were this actually filmed on an old 1940s 8mm camera the movement would not be so fluid. IMO this one's a hoax, filmed with a more modern camera and doctored to look vintage 1940s.

Actually not the case but I imagine his eye lashes and eye lids when he blinks must have cost 20,000 dollars or more if it is a fake.

All that detail that you can only see unless you go full screen and then they film it in black in white, .... right.

Its funny to hear the responses to threads like this, people so convinced everything is so fake because some expert said so, even though the expert cannot duplicate it anymore than anyone else here could duplicate it. Cannot be done, some may say it can be done in this thread, but no one will ever duplicate this alien. It is just talk when they say it can be done. This thread could stay here 5 more years with 10,000 posts and no one will ever be able to duplicate this hoax and then post the duplication video on this thread as proof.

The other videos on you tube that are obvious fakes or CGI creation may be posted here by some, but never will this one with skinny Bob be duplicated with this same alien doing something in the footage that obviously confirms it as a hoax. Flip us the bird Skinny Bob then we will know for sure you are a hoax.

http://youtu.be/iFNPa-SR65k

Edited by MysteryX

when i first saw this, it was labelled as "crashed alien captured in Russia", then it became a Roswell crash survivor...I REALLY like that one, but i'd also call it a (very elaborate) hoax. It's surely not your average windows movie maker cheapo vid, but i go with what was said above about the clear & smooth movements. A real 40's camera shouldn't be able to reproduce that, as well as the above described "amazing details".... gooosh, i TOTALLY WISH that was real though...

Most CGI Experts said it couldn't be done.. was the usual amount of 'experts' surveyed.. ie.. 10 out of a 100..

have to say.. it is very well done..

its kinda like the michigan dogman.. in that same respect.. so well done it suckers people into believing it..

So that is what you think? So if it was fake do you think it was a puppet? Or was it CGI? Most CGI experts say it cannot be done

I have had a closer look at this claim, and it would appear that it is not true.

But the CGI is what gets to me. PresidentUFO.com really hooked it up with 3 video break downs from different video experts. Again, video is not by thing, so I have to defer to the experts here, but he got Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University) who all agreed that the video is fake, fake, fake. The elements they thought REALLY made it fake were:

• Projector sounds. They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch.
  • The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.
  • The alien isn’t moving his body.
  • Any editing software can recreate the effects once the model is created.
  • The text has a drop shadow and smells a little bit like Final Cut Pro default font.
  • The text isn’t military in its voice. It sounds like “film hype.

And this interesting snippet from the same site:

Digging further into the video, I found it to be originally posted by Judy Fältskog on Youtube, who has posted two other similar videos. Wait a second… is this the same Judy Fältskog who’s “alter ego” is James van Greunen? Wait a second… is this the same Judy/James who is a CGI expert? This might even be the same Judy that got caught up in a Alien signal scam in May of 2010. To make it even worse, Judy/James is buddies with professional fake Wayne Herschel. Or maybe they’re all the same person… who the hell knows.

LINK

~

when i first saw this, it was labelled as "crashed alien captured in Russia", then it became a Roswell crash survivor...I REALLY like that one, but i'd also call it a (very elaborate) hoax. It's surely not your average windows movie maker cheapo vid, but i go with what was said above about the clear & smooth movements. A real 40's camera shouldn't be able to reproduce that, as well as the above described "amazing details".... gooosh, i TOTALLY WISH that was real though...

dank je well, Abramelin, THAT's the one i meant! :)

How ready we are to believe the worst of one another, over the notion that we might not dominate the universe.I guess it remains to be seen.

Some other things that IMO show it to be a fake.

The projector sounds were examined by Bison in another thread and found to be 12 frames per second. Far slower than normal. In fact slow enough, that the film would have suffered heat damage.

The digital numbers would not have been added to the video in the 40's and 50's while it was being shot so they would have been added later by computer. The same with the black square supposedly something that was blacked. It remains the same size and location so would have to have been added by computer after the video was shot.

The scratches that should have been on the original film with the numbers and black square being added over them actually appear on top of the numbers and black square so they were added in by computer.

All that has been added to make it seem real does the opposite for me. IMO if you have a real video of a real alien you don't have to add anything to make it look real.

I have said this many many times on this forum and I will say it again. How the hell can anyone with eyes say that this is anything other than CGI? I could tell 2 seconds into the clip. Time after time people post stuff like this and claim its real when after watching just 5 seconds of the clip it becomes apparent it's CGI. It boggles the mind to think that there are people walking the earth who an be so easily duped.

What?? There is STILL nothing factual that has surfaced to discredit this video??

Donteatus has good reason to wish this one would go away...

...he knows skinny bob is a REAL grey alien, boys and girls.

How ready we are to believe the worst of one another, over the notion that we might not dominate the universe.I guess it remains to be seen.

It has nothing to do with life in the Universe and anyones notion of that. Did you not notice the current thread asking if people believe wether life exists outside of earth? That is not a question in this thread. Domination is superfluous to this thread completely. It is all about a certain film clip with a very suspicious background and nature. That has absolutely nothing to do with total dominance of anything or even life outside of this planet.

Some other things that IMO show it to be a fake.

The projector sounds were examined by Bison in another thread and found to be 12 frames per second. Far slower than normal. In fact slow enough, that the film would have suffered heat damage.

The digital numbers would not have been added to the video in the 40's and 50's while it was being shot so they would have been added later by computer. The same with the black square supposedly something that was blacked. It remains the same size and location so would have to have been added by computer after the video was shot.

The scratches that should have been on the original film with the numbers and black square being added over them actually appear on top of the numbers and black square so they were added in by computer.

All that has been added to make it seem real does the opposite for me. IMO if you have a real video of a real alien you don't have to add anything to make it look real.

The link I left on the previous page covers that as well.

The creator slapped some typewriter-like font onto a video, applied an old time movie effect like this one (with decreased brightness).

Why would the video contain “a sample edited fragments of video tape 05?” Why not establish some context for the video? Some background… something more than looking up and down at an alien?

I am also a bit reluctant on the wording. The exact text of the entire video goes like this:

Filtrate for declassification and dissemination through the Internet and media. 7 video tapes with material recorded between 1942-1969. Material containing UFO incidents, recovery and study of extraterrestrial life forms.

Due to the importance of these documents, maintain the anonymity of the sources.

The video contains a sample edited fragments of video tape 05.

Tape duration: 180 min.

Total recorded duration: 1.260 min.

Tape 05 edited fragments:

Case 25/skinny Bob 00:08:42 – 00:08:50

Case 25/skinny Bob 00:27:36 – 00:27:45

Case 26/How to drive 00:55:07 – 00:55:12

So this implies that the “publisher” added the text later. In the first clip, our weird little alien turns his head back and forth. In the second, he’s standing still, and blinks a couple times. In the third, I can’t really discern what that is but I guess it is supposed to be a UFO. The clips look so comical to me… they appear like caricatures.

What?? There is STILL nothing factual that has surfaced to discredit this video??

Donteatus has good reason to wish this one would go away...

...he knows skinny bob is a REAL grey alien, boys and girls.

How do you think Big D got that FTL BBQ smoker? Skinny Bob flew it here.

Besides, we all know the real aliens name is Paul.

How do you think Big D got that FTL BBQ smoker? Skinny Bob flew it here.

Besides, we all know the real aliens name is Paul.

All`s Eye knows "It wannant me " I been under a Car all this time pinned down due to the lift failed ! Man Im hungry !

But the CGI is what gets to me. PresidentUFO.com really hooked it up with 3 video break downs from different video experts. Again, video is not by thing, so I have to defer to the experts here, but he got Leanne Jones (Producer with the British Youth Film Academy), Dave Hughes (BSc Digital Film and 3D Animation), and Richard Allan (Post Production Instructor at Staffordshire University) who all agreed that the video is fake, fake, fake. The elements they thought REALLY made it fake were:

Projector sounds. They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch.

The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.

The alien isn't moving his body.

~

You said: Projector sounds. They are out of place because the video has the appearances of “footage transferred to video” but the projector sound doesn’t match with this format switch

My response: Ahhh, you're kidding right? This is your expert? Movie cameras do not record the sound of their own mechanisims, not even the ones from 1947. Please are you really serious, everyone knows who is thinking clearly the sound of the projector you hear on the film is the sound of a projector not a camera. The projector sound was added by the uploader, he even says he did that in one of the original short versions of the footage. Cameras do not record projector sounds will they are filming unless of course you just so happen to have a projector playing close to where the camera is filming. ROFL, I find it hard too believe you even posted the projector comment.

You said: The model and movement is too clear, smooth, and polished for the alleged age of the video.

My response: So I guess the Wizard of Oz of 1939 was too smooth for its era to. It was earlier and in color.

You said: The alien isn’t moving his body.

My response: If that is the case then its because your blind. The alien is moving his body, in the first portion of the video the alien leans his body over a full 6-8 inches as he is reaching for something. Shoulders, chest move at least 6 - 8 inches.

You need to fire your expert, he is completly blind and powerfully stupid ..... next.

Oh by the way it is not CGI. If it was a fake (and it is not) then it would be easier to create high tech puppet and then film it with an old camera and then add the aging overlays. One of the moderators mentioned that previously.

However the aging overlays can be detected with the right software. The are not totaly random so they can be detected because they create patterns when applied.

The digital overlay is typical of film to video transphere of old military films being preserved.

Edited by MysteryX

So why, exactly, were stuff added to the footage like projector sounds? If it's a genuine alien then that's all that needs to be said and shown.

If the original footage isn't sepia toned and scratched to look "authentic" then why haven't we seen it? The original uploader logically has the unadulterated footage so lets put the word out into the community that we want to see it. Unadulterated. Ideally to prove it's real more Bob. He moves his head and blinks - well so does Pilot from Farscape, Pilot emotes too.

• Like 1