Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What does astral travel feel like?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    in-the-clouds

in-the-clouds

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Location:Earth, but I'm waiting for the mother ship to take me home.

Posted 03 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

I'm just wondering what astral travel feels like. Are there physical sensations and/or noises?

Can you astral travel without trying? I know that some people intentionally try to or actually do astral travel. But can you go to the astral plane without purposely getting there like when you are dreaming?

Does the astral plane look a certain way for all? Or is it different for each person? If it is different, is the astral plane based on one's imagination?

I guess the only way to know if it is different or the same is to hear some descriptions from some of you that have been on the astral plane.

I would like to hear from serious posters who honestly believe they have successfully astral traveled.

Wherever you go, there you are...you cannot escape from yourself. So love yourself for all that you are, change the things that can be changed and accept the things that can't.

#2    scepticalbeliever

scepticalbeliever

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

Itchy. I remember trying this a couple of times.  And I got itchy. So I never really tried it again.  Don't know what caused my whole body to break out in itchiness, no hives or red bumps just blah.  It lasted like 5 min then vanished as quick as it came but it was hell for those five minutes.

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,140 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Yes, loud rushing and/or buzzing noises just befor exit. Other peole describe everything from popping noises to whispers to their name being called. Usually when done on purpose the roring/rushing/buzzing/wooshing/ noises are common. It's like standing next to a powerful waterfall or next to a jet engine.

Another exit sympom is vibrations. It feels like a mild non painful shock. Sometimes starting in one part of your body then moveing to a all of it. It's not a physical thing it is a sensation that is usuall very powerful.

Yes everyone spontaniously projects.

There several duffeent types of places realtime, other places, inside someone or something else. Realtime looks exactly like it does here with one exception. There is an inturpretation problem. It's not really your eyes seeing things, it's your awareness. It dosn't always get things right.

Imangination s usefull, but places have their own construct that your mind is trying to inturpret. Imagination is used for creating tools.

Hope that satisfies you, if you go to astral projection my technique thread and read over various postings there mostf your questions will probably be answered.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    antonioooooooo

antonioooooooo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:36 AM

To me, astral projection feels like my eyes are open and i'm looking around. Except everything around me is different and my eyes are definately not open. It feels as if im in my room or whereever Im Astral Projecting from. Also while im Astral projecting I can levitate to the sky just by concentrating and then I hear this weird buzzing sound while im Flying in the air. The weirdest experience ive had was when I started levitating and flew to this one place in the woods. There were talking animals and they led me to a pool. Around the pool, there were many people. The talking animal said that in order to go to heaven you must float to the middle of the pool on a platform. They way you did this was how i did it before by just concentrating. For some reason i remember i couldn't do it and kept falling in the water it was a crazy ass dream haha. Also you feel as if your seeing everything in your eyelids. The way I start to astral project is to just imagine my surroundings while my eyes are closed and as if im seeing them while my eyes are open. Usually i Start seeing things with my eyes closed then i proceed to get off my bed and off i go its weird took me a couple of tries.

#5    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,140 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:15 PM

antonioooooooo, on 06 April 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

To me, astral projection feels like my eyes are open and i'm looking around. Except everything around me is different and my eyes are definately not open. It feels as if im in my room or whereever Im Astral Projecting from. Also while im Astral projecting I can levitate to the sky just by concentrating and then I hear this weird buzzing sound while im Flying in the air. The weirdest experience ive had was when I started levitating and flew to this one place in the woods. There were talking animals and they led me to a pool. Around the pool, there were many people. The talking animal said that in order to go to heaven you must float to the middle of the pool on a platform. They way you did this was how i did it before by just concentrating. For some reason i remember i couldn't do it and kept falling in the water it was a crazy ass dream haha. Also you feel as if your seeing everything in your eyelids. The way I start to astral project is to just imagine my surroundings while my eyes are closed and as if im seeing them while my eyes are open. Usually i Start seeing things with my eyes closed then i proceed to get off my bed and off i go its weird took me a couple of tries.
Cool. I always like hearing about peoples journies. If you want to be in the presence of the light. Float straight up into the sky lay back, and feel your body turning to into light particles. Then say as loud as you can. Take me to the light! Extacy like feelings will flood through you and you willl melt upwards and join the light. In the next moment, you will know everything there is to know and how it all works together. Then you will be seprate again, and you will remember the feeling and you will know that you knew, but will have forgotton the details. The memory of the experience will remaine and you will be disapointed that you had to leave. I only do it when I need a reminder of the great dpirit. Usually if something depresses me.   If you can project try it. Your guide may have been pointing you in this direction.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#6    nisheeth

nisheeth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• This statement is supposed to make me appear different.

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

scepticalbeliever, on 04 April 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

Itchy. I remember trying this a couple of times.  And I got itchy. So I never really tried it again.  Don't know what caused my whole body to break out in itchiness, no hives or red bumps just blah.  It lasted like 5 min then vanished as quick as it came but it was hell for those five minutes.

Dear remote viewer. I think you missed a good opportunity. From personal experience I can tell you that such phenomena are almost always preceded by itchiness, numbness, weird noises, even a temporary slow-down or suspension of breath.

#7    NaishaAmon

NaishaAmon

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

• It is better to remain silent and let people assume you are intelligent than to say something and remove all doubt.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

in-the-clouds, on 03 April 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

I'm just wondering what astral travel feels like. Are there physical sensations and/or noises?

Can you astral travel without trying? I know that some people intentionally try to or actually do astral travel. But can you go to the astral plane without purposely getting there like when you are dreaming?

Does the astral plane look a certain way for all? Or is it different for each person? If it is different, is the astral plane based on one's imagination?

I guess the only way to know if it is different or the same is to hear some descriptions from some of you that have been on the astral plane.

I would like to hear from serious posters who honestly believe they have successfully astral traveled.

Some people describe it as a sinking feeling others say it's like being dizzy. I'm not entirely sure if its the same for everyone but for me it has been a violent jolt at times and sometimes just like a floating sensation but I've noticed that I don't necessarily "float" in any particular direction but rather into my own consciousness, then the mind's eye takes me to wherever. Almost like visualization but without the consciousness. Astral projection can be learnt, all you need to do is practice a lot of meditation. Hope this helps.

Edited by NaishaAmon, 11 April 2011 - 01:26 AM.

If what I've said feels like a koala crapped a rainbow in your brain, consider it mind expansion!

#8    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

antonioooooooo, on 06 April 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

To me, astral projection feels like my eyes are open and i'm looking around. Except everything around me is different and my eyes are definately not open. It feels as if im in my room or whereever Im Astral Projecting from.

This is how it happens for me most of the time. It's like having my eyes open into another world, it was so strange the first times I actually had memory of it. It took me a little while to figure out exactly what was going on. I had a memory of people talking to me and walking around my room. I remember it like I was laying in bed looking at them, but I know I wasn't.

It's as if I close my eyes here and open them there. I can't explain the feeling, I know it's different as soon as I open my eyes. It's like I'm in my room but it's not the same. I know it's my room I can see it but there is like a sheet or something separating me from it. There is like this blue glow all around me almost foggy but it's not.

The weirdest experience ive had was when I started levitating and flew to this one place in the woods.

This has also happened to me. AP has always come naturally for me, when I began trying to do it at will I had trouble. One of the first times I succeeded I freaked out, I had this floating feeling like I was really light all of a sudden, it was like there was nothing to hold me down and I was just rising. I thought "OMG...I'm leaving my body, I did it... oh no!! I have to go back, but when I looked down at my body there was wilderness there, I was out over an open field. All I could see was grass and trees beneath me, right then I got shocked back in to my body, it was like if some one had shook me or like a falling dream. It was intense and freaky but such a tease.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#9    Viperatti

Viperatti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hallo,

I am newbie here but made my way to this discussion after experiencing what I thought to be an astral projection. I had it about an hour ago and am umclear if perhaps I was merely dreaming.
It was mid afternoon, I decided to take a nap, I had slept and then worken and was half dreaming half awake when my ears were filled with a loud buzzing/ringing not unlike tinitus but much louder, and it seemed to start a vibration and I could see my hand laying in front of me lift out of my actual hand. It felt a bit like I was on a trampoline, being bounced out, but instead of peace I was terrified. I thought, "This is an astral projection, here I go, I'm scared" so I forced myself back in but as I relaxed it would happen again, the noise, the vibration, the bounce, the fear. I'd say it happened 5 times and then I forced myself to wake properly.

Do these sensations acurrately describe what others feel? And has anyone seen their own hand raise like a pale shadow out of their physical hand?

FYI - I have been reading and thinkning about astral projections in the last fortnight or so whcih makes me think it was a trick of my mind or a waking dream.

If I did want to go further, any recommendations? I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to come back.

Seeker79, on 05 April 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Yes, loud rushing and/or buzzing noises just befor exit. Other peole describe everything from popping noises to whispers to their name being called. Usually when done on purpose the roring/rushing/buzzing/wooshing/ noises are common. It's like standing next to a powerful waterfall or next to a jet engine.

Another exit sympom is vibrations. It feels like a mild non painful shock. Sometimes starting in one part of your body then moveing to a all of it. It's not a physical thing it is a sensation that is usuall very powerful.

Yes everyone spontaniously projects.

There several duffeent types of places realtime, other places, inside someone or something else. Realtime looks exactly like it does here with one exception. There is an inturpretation problem. It's not really your eyes seeing things, it's your awareness. It dosn't always get things right.

Imangination s usefull, but places have their own construct that your mind is trying to inturpret. Imagination is used for creating tools.

Hope that satisfies you, if you go to astral projection my technique thread and read over various postings there mostf your questions will probably be answered.

Edited by Viperatti, 12 November 2011 - 10:40 PM.

#10    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,857 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

Yeah go with it next time and it will be projection.  You will always come back but the fear aspect is something you need to just eliminate. There is no threat just your fear of the unknown at work. Easiest way? just do it, don't think about it.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#11    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,140 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

AnVil, on 12 November 2011 - 11:55 PM, said:

Yeah go with it next time and it will be projection.  You will always come back but the fear aspect is something you need to just eliminate. There is no threat just your fear of the unknown at work. Easiest way? just do it, don't think about it.
Yup.... Relax. You have already done it many times while sleeping. You just don't remember. Now that you are becoming aware Let it happen and think about how wonderful and awe inspiring it is.

Adopt a go with the flow attitude, you can't be hurt.

Edited by Seeker79, 13 November 2011 - 03:13 AM.

Bruce Lee-

#12    Viperatti

Viperatti

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Seeker79, on 13 November 2011 - 03:13 AM, said:

Yup.... Relax. You have already done it many times while sleeping. You just don't remember. Now that you are becoming aware Let it happen and think about how wonderful and awe inspiring it is.

Adopt a go with the flow attitude, you can't be hurt.

Great! I will try and take the astral bull by the horns next time it happens.

I like the idea that we are all doing this already but without being conciously aware of it. What are we all getting up to I wonder? :)

I have had lucid dreams where I fly straight upwards, stare at the starry night sky above me, then back down to the city lights below and know that if I chose to I could just keep on going. The fear tends to set in at this point and I wake up. I'm always so jealous of the birds   :blush:  Thanks again!

#13    metaphysical

metaphysical

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Me for example before 3 nights I had a weird discussions while I was sleeping, dreaming with unknown persons about who am I. Then suddently I felt astral travel going in to space at unknown remarkable speed, I never felt going so fast faster than the others so they couldn't troubled me anymore. You don't know when it might happen. But sometimes happens for reasons we don't know yet. Maybe is an experience to achieve some kind of higher knowledge.

#14    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,857 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Viperatti, on 16 November 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

Great! I will try and take the astral bull by the horns next time it happens.

I like the idea that we are all doing this already but without being conciously aware of it. What are we all getting up to I wonder? :)

Probably not very much but just sleeping. I have seen where people "switched off" go while they are sleeping. It's like a sleeping zombie state where people just drift around unconsciously. Some act confused like they are a goldfish in a bowl. It's a just a very low level of consciousness.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,140 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

AnVil, on 16 November 2011 - 08:03 PM, said:

Probably not very much but just sleeping. I have seen where people "switched off" go while they are sleeping. It's like a sleeping zombie state where people just drift around unconsciously. Some act confused like they are a goldfish in a bowl. It's a just a very low level of consciousness.
Or some times they walk around like sleep walkers.

Bruce Lee-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users