Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Band of Holes Mystery Solved?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,666 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

I don't think it was robbers or any kind of water ditch. This thing is like 7000 feet (2000 meters) long and the width does not change much.

From Google Maps... (with some arrows on it by Me)
New Picture (4).jpg

If you type "Band of Holes, Pisco Province, Ica Region, Peru" into Google Maps, it takes you right there.

Edited by DieChecker, 20 February 2013 - 01:17 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#17    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

It does be intriguing as to what it might be, I for one would also exclude grave robbing or water. To be honest I find the storage theory a but flaky as well.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#18    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

BigFoot Whisperer

• 3,245 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is knowing when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

I've thought about these things and I can't even come up with one good speculation on their existence.

but I like mysteries too, so that's good!

"I'm not trying to say your wrong, I'm just saying I disagree with you" ~ Jeremy ~

#19    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 20 February 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

It does be intriguing as to what it might be, I for one would also exclude grave robbing or water. To be honest I find the storage theory a but flaky as well.

This pic I found using Google:

Posted Image

Don't know, but these holes don't look that impressive from ground level, and look much like the result of the work of a large group of huaqueros.

The difference from other illegal digs in Peru is that here it seems a large group of people was systematically searching for something they expected to be there.

It could have happened as long ago as the 19th century, so not one local may remember who made those digs/holes.

Edited by Abramelin, 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM.

#20    lakeview rud

lakeview rud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Abe, I would accept your theory that these are just holes dug recently by people looking for artifacts to sell but when you look at the holes from google they just seem too damn regularly spaced.  Its possible that the graverobbers have a leader whos very meticulous about the search; the holes also go (what appears to be) the entire length of the path to the eroded face of that hill or moutain top.  I would suggest investigating the area to the right of the holes up there as there appears to be something else going on in that area.  Very odd.

#21    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postlakeview rud, on 22 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Abe, I would accept your theory that these are just holes dug recently by people looking for artifacts to sell but when you look at the holes from google they just seem too damn regularly spaced.  Its possible that the graverobbers have a leader whos very meticulous about the search; the holes also go (what appears to be) the entire length of the path to the eroded face of that hill or moutain top.  I would suggest investigating the area to the right of the holes up there as there appears to be something else going on in that area.  Very odd.

Is there a relation with what looks like the remnants of an abandoned settlement nearby?

Few miles east from the band, a satellite photo shows structures that look like the remnants of an ancient settlement (these formations do not look natural and there is nothing similar in the entire area):

Posted Image

http://droushka.blogspot.nl/

Edited by Abramelin, 22 February 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#22    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,125 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 20 February 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

I don't think it was robbers or any kind of water ditch. This thing is like 7000 feet (2000 meters) long and the width does not change much.

From Google Maps... (with some arrows on it by Me)
Attachment New Picture (4).jpg

If you type "Band of Holes, Pisco Province, Ica Region, Peru" into Google Maps, it takes you right there.

I did, and what I found seems to suggest the holes were some sort of agricultural thing (holes for trees as someone suggested). The holes start in what appears to be an agricultural area:

Posted Image

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Don't you fine clever gentlemen have things better to do than finding and looking at holes ?

uhm ... never mind

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#24    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,744 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Ancient Water harvesting perhaps?

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#25    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 9,128 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"
    God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 22 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Ancient Water harvesting perhaps?

Oh s**h*y**te ! You just put an uncomfortable thought in me head, Why not the earliest form of public lavatory ?
:cry:

~edit : is Shiite allowed ?

~2nd edit : Why I believe so! :lol:

Edited by third_eye, 22 February 2013 - 08:03 PM.

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#26    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 22 February 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Oh s**h*y**te ! You just put an uncomfortable thought in me head, Why not the earliest form of public lavatory ?
:cry:

~edit : is Shiite allowed ?

~2nd edit : Why I believe so! :lol:

Which would make it the world's first mass toilet facility........ :P :wacko:

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#27    lakeview rud

lakeview rud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

The tribe that craps together raps together?

#28    Time Spy

Time Spy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 352 posts

• Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Here's a new thought.  I'll take it for granted that everyone has used a a computer (but the ipad is much better) to play with google maps.  When zooming in on any town its very easy to find the airport.  They're all layed out in triangles and crosses and very easy to spot from the skies.  Check out the desert in Arizona and Nevada.  Quite a few airports dot the surrounding region, such as area 51.

There are so many explanations to what the lines in Peru are and what they actually were.  There is no doubt that they are set up in triangles and wide stripped geometrical formations, resembling very much airports when zooming in from afar.  Of course scientists say there is no possible way that modern day airplanes landed on them, because of the rock, sand, oxide ...not hard or solid enough.  However the explanation is simple they were landing strips alrgight but for great flying feathered serpeants from the ancient days told in many legends througout the surrounding regions.   To the East where these holes are located are merely hatching sites for the eggs that were buried by those creatures.  BOOM, didn't see that idea coming now did you.  :yes:

#29    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I cant find any orthodox explanation about these holes. Anybody have a link? all my googling have only turned out some conspiracy stuff and aliens. Anybody know of a place where I can read about it seriously?

Finally got my black belt....

#30    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

• not for nothing, but you sound like a half [...]

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

My take on the pot holes witch doesent include Aliens or super high advanced civilitations?

Well once upon a time there was a kingdom, ruled by a wise king, but sadly the kingdom had many enemies. The king in the effort to protect his kingdom by rival tribes, he planted on a straight line xxxx number of trees. So when a hostile army passed by, all they could see was a tight forest, and they moved on to other places. The king was nick named the tree king, and they all lived happy and prosper till the end of their days.

So what do you people say? does it sound plausible?

Finally got my black belt....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users