Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Getting a New Bike

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

At the moment I have an old yellow Honda that was great for the time when I bought it, but it's been a couple of years and I'm thinking of either trading it in or selling it all together. In getting a new one, I'm looking for something fuel-efficient and reliable as far as bikes go, and something that can get the speed with the lower cc, because I'm a kind of small woman. Any suggestions? I don't know if there are any other motorcycle buffs around UM but if anyone has any ideas please throw 'em out here, thanks in advance.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,890 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:36 AM

What size of bike?

#3    Miss Shadows

Miss Shadows

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

• Welcome to my home. Now get the **** out.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostEldorado, on 01 December 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

What size of bike?
Well like I said I'm not a very big person, about 5'2 (157 cm) and 45 or 46 kg only, but I do have the experience riding so I'd say I don't want anything bigger than about 750-800cc.

American with an accent, Christian with a tat, sociopath with a heart, child with no mother, Lover with no Lover, confidently doubting, amused but not laughing, woman but child, feisty yet caring, sweet when not bitter.

#4    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,194 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

There are only 2 kinds of bike - Harleys and the rest!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,640 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

And here I thought you meant a bicycle.... :huh:

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#6    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

I ride a harley davidson Iron 883. It is, obviously, 883 cylinders. It is fast enough to outrun any traffic that does not see you. It is light enough for a woman to handle, though it is most likely heavier than what you are used to. I get 50mpg.

I have had this bike since it was new in 2009, and have put nearly 35,000 trouble free miles on it. I highly recommend this bike.

However, if you aren't into that kind of bike and want a sportbike, I would consider a Honda CBR 250R. I have never ridden one, but they get rave reviews and are very good on gas.

If I were going to get a second bike (a third actually, I also have a 1980 Honda CB 750, but it is in pieces currently..) I would probably look at one of BMW's touring bikes.

I am an avid  rider, and I would love to talk bikes with you. what kind of bike are you interested in, and what price range? New, or Used?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users