Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun Control Advocates Practice Hypocrisy ?

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#61    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

LOL, well I don't know why I even get p***ed in these threads.  2nd amendment won't be taken away.  And if they were to ban guns... well... guess I'll be criminal.  Better start picking out some tats.
I know you have a quick temper, so I try being super nice to you. :)

Besides, I want to take back what I said before: I am not anti gun. I am pro gun control. You still do not get the difference. I do not care about how many guns somebody has - I only want them to be properly secured.

#62    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

I know you have a quick temper, so I try being super nice to you. :)

Besides, I want to take back what I said before: I am not anti gun. I am pro gun control. You still do not get the difference. I do not care about how many guns somebody has - I only want them to be properly secured.
I get the difference.  But I disagree on the method people are taking with it.  I loved my AR-15, it was too fun.  I better be able to get one again when this stupid probabation is lifted lol.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#63    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,813 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

Uh oh, according to his analogy we need to ban cars!

Do you not have the capability of understanding that people who advocate gun control are not necessairly advocating banning guns? Or is that concept too difficult for you?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#64    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

You'll get over it. My grandfather loved participating in bare-knuckle-fights. He got over the ban, too.

#65    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,813 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

I loved my AR-15, it was too fun.  I better be able to get one again when this stupid probabation is lifted lol.

What a compelling argument against gun control. I'm astounded that, faced with such undeniable reason, there remains anyone in the world still advocating gun control.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#66    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 February 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

What a compelling argument against gun control. I'm astounded that, faced with such undeniable reason, there remains anyone in the world still advocating gun control.
Hey, guess what?

I love you.

Edited by CRYSiiSx2, 11 February 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#67    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

You'll get over it. My grandfather loved participating in bare-knuckle-fights. He got over the ban, too.

I can go to any one of several redneck bars around here and see bare-knuckle-fights. :yes:

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#68    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Until they reach for their guns. :yes:

#69    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,559 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Nah, just the occasional knife or club. :innocent:

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#70    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostBama13, on 11 February 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Nah, just the occasional knife or club. :innocent:
The French use gloves with a pebble in it.

Posted Image
my twitter @sktm06

#71    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• 1,559 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

The French use gloves with a pebble in it.

Going to war without the French is like going hunting without your trombone.

Let's ban trombone's! No, wait, I like the fat sound of brass.

Edited by Bama13, 11 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#72    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

forget it.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 11 February 2013 - 08:30 PM.

#73    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,609 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 11 February 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Naaa, I was raised in a redneck bar when guns were illegal to carry in. We knew a lot of people still had them, but didn't bother with it unless they had a reputation for causing trouble. There were fights but no one ever pulled a gun.

#74    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,498 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Interesting. May I ask for what reasons?

Because handgun laws in canada are too restrictive for honest, law-abiding citizens with no criminal record. While I can accept handguns (and handguns alone) being registered, the paperwork and the such is horrible. I'm all for loosening the regulations and increasing the punishments 5 fold for gun related crimes (which did not increase when long arms became unregistered). :)

#75    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 February 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

Why in the hell would I want to go pay for a dumb ass club to go hunting?  Yeah, Americans go off at any hint, because we have the balls to stand up and say no when we really need to.

...you don't need to be part of a club to go hunting. No where did I say this. I know several people who go hunting and only one of them is a member of a gun club. And if the main point of having a gun is to have fun, as it seems to be for you, you might actually find being part of a club rather enjoyable.

And going off is not having balls it's massive overraction that kills honest debate about the topic. Some seem to think any kind of reform means that all guns everywhere in the US are going to magically disappear. They're not. So taking that position does nothing to help your cause. Nor is "because it's fun" a very compealing argument. I don't see the 2nd amendment being banned for a few generations at least, if it ever gets banned. So the focus should be on the actual reforms being put forward.

Edited by Corp, 11 February 2013 - 09:26 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users