Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Does ESP exist between twins?

twins esp gurney

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,471 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

IDENTICAL twins Craig and Brenton Gurney, 38, were inseparable as children, shared a bedroom until they were 22, and have played in the same soccer team since they were five. They even ended up marrying women named Nicole.

''We've always been really, really close,'' Brenton says.

If extrasensory perception exists between twins it was Craig who was the intuitive one. From 2700 kilometres away he once divined when his brother had a life-threatening mystery rash, and when he had dislocated a shoulder.

http://www.smh.com.a...0520-1yz2z.html

Posted Image

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,142 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I don't know what it may be but do believe there must be some kind of "special" bond between all twins.

#3    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,718 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

I am maried to a twin. I have seen done of these things first hand. Including a hair raising story of when my wife was almost killed in a car accident just before we were maried. Whats strange is my wife and get sister are mirror image twins. My wife is left handed her sister is right, my wife has degree English, her sister bio. My wife is the most fertile woman on the planet, she gets pregnant if I just look at her the right way, her sister is undergoing invitro.

Still my wife knows when she is calling, they had a special twin baby language and can still remember conversations with each other in their cribs. Strange stuff.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'm a twin, nothing, nada, never anything out of the ordinary...

Edit: And if I had a dollar for every time someone has asked :w00t:

Edited by Timonthy, 24 May 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#5    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostEldorado, on 22 May 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

I don't know what it may be but do believe there must be some kind of "special" bond between all twins.

Quantum Entanglement?

or

Maybe the universe has a common files folder like on your pc

Edited by Mr Right Wing, 24 May 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#6    TheEVPman

TheEVPman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• Just because we can't see it, dosen't mean it's not there.

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm an identical twin. My brother and I have had lots of experiences. Mainly when I think about him he calls. Or I'll know he's calling before answering the phone.

It's believe that the frequecies of the brains of twins are on the same waves. So one transmits the thought the other picks it up. Interesting to say the least. Been living it for almost 50 yrs now.

#7    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Good for them.

#8    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostTheEVPman, on 24 May 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

I'm an identical twin. My brother and I have had lots of experiences. Mainly when I think about him he calls. Or I'll know he's calling before answering the phone.

It's believe that the frequecies of the brains of twins are on the same waves. So one transmits the thought the other picks it up. Interesting to say the least. Been living it for almost 50 yrs now.

I dont believe thats whats going on.

I think the universe applies redundancy where things are identical so in your case there isnt 2 of you more like 1.3 of you.

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,364 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I remember my Mother getting me dressed to go and see her twin sister,who she knew was ill,no phones them days.I asked her how she knew,and she said we always know when something is wrong between us.Being young I thought that was Magic.Nowadays years later I know if one of my family isnt well,without communication of any kind.Weird !

#10    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,364 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostMr Right Wing, on 24 May 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

I dont believe thats whats going on.

I think the universe applies redundancy where things are identical so in your case there isnt 2 of you more like 1.3 of you.
   I'm sorry mate but what do you mean by the above comment,You can't have 1.3 of a person ?????

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#11    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,753 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 24 May 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

I'm sorry mate but what do you mean by the above comment,You can't have 1.3 of a person ?????
What about Yao Ming? He's at least 1.5 humans!

That just sounds like you'd be thinking of him subconsciously and then when he calls, it registers consciously and you're like 'whoa I knew you were going to call'.

That happens with my sister but I think it's pretty standard...

Can you give some other examples please?

Edited by Timonthy, 25 May 2012 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

#12    thalassinus

thalassinus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

the link does not work....

also im a twin.... and i can say never felt anything.....ever.... so..yeah.

#13    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:45 AM

wow tats cool! but the twins i knew were never tat cool T_T

#14    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Just because one set of twins doesn't experience any connection doesn't mean that the others are making it up or imagining things.  You don't have to be twins to heave that connection but I think they probably have a higher chance of it.

#15    Mr Right Wing

Mr Right Wing

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Hi, have you ever read any Quantum Mechanics?

I shall run you through witchcraft first. In the Middle Ages they believed two objects could be linked together so that what happend to one happened to the other no matter how far apart they then became. They called it the Law of Contact and believed it applied to Identical Twins. This is why a certain religion (voodoo) worships identical twins. When scientists declared Issac Newtons mechanics to be the explanation of everything all this occult stuff was put away in the attic as nonsense.

Then Issac Newton was proved wrong and along came Quantum Mechanics. In this the scientists figured out that they could put two atoms into a special state with each other called superposition. When they did this they discovered that what they did to one atom happened to the other no matter how far apart they became. Its voodoo on a microscopic scale only they call it Quantum Teleportation. So how does it work?

Imagine there is an object on the far side of the room which you want to influence from where you're sat. Tradionally people think theres only two ways of doing it. They either use a force such as magnetism or a mechanical system such as a pully. There is however a third way.- You can link two objects with a probability. You can then seperate them. When you gain information to find the outcome of the probability for one object it determins the outcome for the other.

Simple?

Well that means if you had an object on the Moon you could influence it by using an object here on earth that is shares a probability with. The object on the moon behaves according to the original probability to begin with. If you then  gain partial information on the object here on Earth or you collapse the probability althougher you alter the probability that the object on the Moon is behaving according to.

Also tagged with twins, esp, gurney

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users