Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mysterious Flying Creature

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,763 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

psyche101, on 13 December 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

Perhaps the Nullabor Nymph is on holiday.

Hey Evan, DC, Ken, Sakari, Jeff click the link ;)

Nightwalker will already know this one ;)

Thanks for pointing that story out to me psyche. :tu: Can you imagine how many more cryptids we would have if everyone knew a publicist? :lol:

#47    KrowMax

KrowMax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Rewlahool, on 15 December 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Hi Krowmax. Thanks for the OP. I have an idea that it's a flying lizard which uses rib-extensions for wings. This would explain the "cape" and why it flies at night.

Ok?

Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#48    Manc_Lad

Manc_Lad

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

It's amasing how non-credible and unconvincing someone can come across with just text alone. I can't see you, I can't hear the expression in your voice while describing your tale but I feel like I could trust my ex-girlfriend more than I trust your little story here (my ex-girlfriend was a devious whore).

#49    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Manc_Lad, on 16 December 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

It's amasing how non-credible and unconvincing someone can come across with just text alone. I can't see you, I can't hear the expression in your voice while describing your tale but I feel like I could trust my ex-girlfriend more than I trust your little story here (my ex-girlfriend was a devious whore).
i don't know your ex-girlfriend but i have to agree with the rest of your post

Edited by JGirl, 16 December 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#50    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

A lot of lame ass responses and jokes on this thread...

I say Giant Golden Crowned Flying Fox

#51    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

"Bats, BATS?!; this thing was HUGE, it was like a man!"
Posted Image

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#52    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

Posted Image

#53    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,926 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:42 AM

It is because the US allows everyone to have guns......

considering every topic I go to has that in it, and I have been trying to avoid it like the plague ( and not succeeding ) I have decided that is the answer to everything.....How could so many trolls be wrong?

Yes, I am not all here....I will go to bed before I get in trouble.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#54    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

Sakari, on 17 December 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

It is because the US allows everyone to have guns......

considering every topic I go to has that in it, and I have been trying to avoid it like the plague ( and not succeeding ) I have decided that is the answer to everything.....How could so many trolls be wrong?

Yes, I am not all here....I will go to bed before I get in trouble.
don't feel bad sakari
my answer to every sports and leisure question in trivial pursuit is hank aaron. i figure eventually it will be right.

#55    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

g00dfella, on 17 December 2012 - 03:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

That this bat looks extremely huge is because of perspective. The guy you see on his back is right under the bat. If you look closely, you can see they stuck a cigaret in the mouth of the bat.

However, golden crowned flying foxes are  large critters: they have a wingspan of 6 feet and sometimes more.

#56    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Abramelin, on 17 December 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

That this bat looks extremely huge is because of perspective. The guy you see on his back is right under the bat. If you look closely, you can see they stuck a cigaret in the mouth of the bat.

However, golden crowned flying foxes are  large critters: they have a wingspan of 6 feet and sometimes more.
thanks for pointing this out. it really does look  much larger if you don't pay attention to the scale of other items in the picture :tu:

#57    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

KrowMax, on 13 December 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

Hi guys i'm just wondering about a mysterious creature we saw while me and my friend are in our way home.This is what happen :

"While in our way suddenly my friend saw this creature right on the top of a mango tree.

He said wow did you see that??

Then i answer See What??..

Then He said that Flying thing above the tree..

Then i looked the top of the tree and saw this creature it was like a woman wearing a cape ..Maybe it's not a cape it was a dress some kind of a gown or something but it's look like cape cause of the strong wind that time.We both fell nervous that time imagine a flying creature at 1:00 AM we are the only one walking in the street  that time..haha Freaky...

The first thing I thought of from the description was that girl from The Twilight Zone from an episode called "The Grave".  If you haven't seen it, it's a great visual of an urban legend that's been around a long time.

Attached Files

Edited by Mantis914, 17 December 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#58    fatbadger2

fatbadger2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

• you cant kill the metal, the metal will live on....

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'd go with owl assuming that the story has any credibility at all... Could have been after lizards of frogs in the tree tops. Perspective isn't always as you remember it and being that it was at night wouldn't have helped with estimating size.

Now don't get me wrong I love what you've done with the place, I just wish we had a chance to help build it, instead of just moving into this home of disrepair and expected to work,prosper and then care - enter shakari-juggernauts

#59    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,706 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

Abramelin, on 17 December 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

Yeah. also look at the blue tape they used to mark of the area and bind up the bats wings. Shows clearly this is a big bat, but not a monster.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#60    flareobox

flareobox

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

I've heard of people seeing naked men and women flying in the sky with capes on their back. Although it isn't Cryptozoology it is still a posibility?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users