Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If the World declares War on Islamic radicals

pallidin

I find Islamic radicals becoming far more agressive, and completely intolerant of anything against their own beliefs, such as destroying World Heritage sites{aka Historical monuments/sites) in some of their occupied locations, and forcefully submiting harsh Sharia law towards citizens.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

How can you declare war on them? It's not like declaring war on a nation. It's declaring war on a notion.

• Like 5

They would not declare war against them, firstly there are too many living in our countries and the government will not take the risk of them blowing us up, cos they know they will.....the west have been far too soft and should never had allowed them to "practice" in western countries. Although there is a "war" against al queda, there are many other muslims out there, some radical, some not.....its not difficult to see who the radical islamists are, they have declared their hatred for the west and their intent on taking over and enforcing their own laws...

The human rights brigade have a lot to answer to for allowing them to stay in our country. when you look at the way they treat foreigners in their countries, the way they jail people if they convert to another religion, their barbaric laws...how can the human rights brigade defend them?

• Like 5

You're a little behind the curve in your supposition. What do you think the "global war on terror" is?

Please, don't fall for this.

• Like 2

How can you declare war on them? It's not like declaring war on a nation. It's declaring war on a notion.

Good statement, as they are decentralized by design, yet with a common religious/ideolgical goal.

• Like 1

You're a little behind the curve in your supposition. What do you think the "global war on terror" is?

Please, don't fall for this.

[media=]

[/media]

I'm not "a little behind the curve" at all.

Some nations want nothing to do with eradicating radical Islamics, so there is no "global war"

The "War on Terrorism" is by only a few countries.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

I'm not "a little behind the curve" at all.

Some nations want nothing to do with eradicating radical Islamics, so there is no "global war"

The "War on Terrorism" is by only a few countries.

If you don't think you're behind the curve at all then I don't understand your question. How the hell is "the world" supposed to declare war on a sect of a religion?

If you don't think you're behind the curve at all then I don't understand your question. How the hell is "the world" supposed to declare war on a sect of a religion?

Actually, that part is very easy. For some odd reason, though they are decentralized, they seem to have a habit of making themselve's known; taking great pride in identifying themselve's after performing their terrorists acts.

I presume it to "elevate" theirself amongst "cells"

To answer your question, that part is even MORE easy!!!

You see, radical Islamic's actually hate non-radical Islamic's, among everyone else of course. They are are very narcissistic, brutal sect of Islam.

So, they are sticking-out like a sore thumb as they continue to advance Sharia law throughout parts of the M.E. and elsewhere.

Their own expansionism could well be their undoing.

Actually, that part is very easy. For some odd reason, though they are decentralized, they seem to have a habit of making themselve's known; taking great pride in identifying themselve's after performing their terrorists acts.

You see, radical Islamic's actually hate non-radical Islamic's, among everyone else of course. They are are very narcissistic, brutal sect of Islam.

So, they are sticking-out like a sore thumb as they continue to advance Sharia law throughout parts of the M.E. and elsewhere.

Telling me your opinions about radical Islam isn't answering my question. The subject of my question was "the world". How does "the world" "declare war" on anything?

"The world" meaning moral nations, governments and people may "declare war" on an idealology not consistent with the "worlds" as a whole, all persons have a right to beliefs, yet it is the world majority who decides if the beliefs conform with the worlds peoples as a whole. The world rose againts Nazism, America battle communism, as other nations have. Pol Pot, killed millions of his countrymen, Slobodan Milošević another exapmle. Could go on..... Notions or ideas, may be reasons to delcar war on individuals or groups. And have been.

• Like 1

You can't use Sharia law as a marker palladin.

Countries using strict forms of Sharia Law include:

Death for Blasphemy:

1. Afghanistan

2. Bahrain

3. Iran

4. Mauritania

5. Oman

6. Pakistan

7. Yemen

8. Saudi Arabia

9. Gaza

Imprisonment for Blasphemy:

1. Algeria

2. Bangladesh

3. Egypt

4. Iraq

5. Kuwait

6. Libya

7. Malaysia

8. Maldives

9. Morocco

10. Somalia

11. Tunisia

12. United Arab Emirates

Nations that include some level of Sharia (leniant sentences for honour killings, ban on new churches, floggings, etc):

1. Indonesia (Flogging, Caning; Sharia applied strictly in Aceh province)

2. Turkey (Restrictions on alcohol)

3. Brunei (Caning, Alcohol is illegal)

4. Jordan (2 years or less for honour killings)

5. Eritrea (Girls as young as 8 can be married, spousal rape is not recognized)

6. Syria (1 year or less for honour killings)

7. Djibouti (Sharia law regarding divorce)

8. Chechnya (Modest dress enforced, Alcohol and gambling suppressed by local authorities)

9. Niger (girls can be married off before they reach puberty)

10. Nigeria (Sharia is enforced in the northern states)

11. Kenya (Ad Hoc Sharia enforced in the east near the border with Somalia)

12. Gambia (Sharia courts decide all family matters, including for non-Muslims)

13. Qatar (public consumption is illegal during Ramadan, Alcohol heavily restricted, blood money acceptable punishment for murder, "kafala" law which is also shared by all Gulf states but Bahrain is technically slavery)

14. Uganda (Kadhi Courts overseeing family and civil matters)

Most "Western" nations also have parallel Sharia legal systems (for example in Canada polygamy is widely practiced and authorities look the other way, Imams refusing to condemn or work to stop it). Sharia finance is also practiced in many nations around the world. Many other Islamic nations that do not apply Sharia (such as Azerbaijan, Albania, Bosnia, Uzbekistan, and Tajikstan) have large portions of their population who do want it applied or who actively seek to abide by it extra-legally.

http://wiki.answers...._use_Sharia_Law

Are you going to declare war on Canada? Turkey? Chechnya? Jordan?

Edited by OverSword

Telling me your opinions about radical Islam isn't answering my question. The subject of my question was "the world". How does "the world" "declare war" on anything?

When there is enough nations to declare radical islam a functional "cancer" then, there will be concerted action.

Curiously, we may not have to wait very long... radical Islamic's seem to be drawing a great deal of attention to themselve's, likely to their demise.

Who want's to vacation in Egypt now, or any of a number of Islamic lead countries, while you might be kidnapped, held for ransom, or executed.

Edited by pallidin

You can't use Sharia law as a marker palladin.

Countries using strict forms of Sharia Law include:

Death for Blasphemy:

1. Afghanistan

2. Bahrain

3. Iran

4. Mauritania

5. Oman

6. Pakistan

7. Yemen

8. Saudi Arabia

9. Gaza

Imprisonment for Blasphemy:

1. Algeria

2. Bangladesh

3. Egypt

4. Iraq

5. Kuwait

6. Libya

7. Malaysia

8. Maldives

9. Morocco

10. Somalia

11. Tunisia

12. United Arab Emirates

Nations that include some level of Sharia (leniant sentences for honour killings, ban on new churches, floggings, etc):

1. Indonesia (Flogging, Caning; Sharia applied strictly in Aceh province)

2. Turkey (Restrictions on alcohol)

3. Brunei (Caning, Alcohol is illegal)

4. Jordan (2 years or less for honour killings)

5. Eritrea (Girls as young as 8 can be married, spousal rape is not recognized)

6. Syria (1 year or less for honour killings)

7. Djibouti (Sharia law regarding divorce)

8. Chechnya (Modest dress enforced, Alcohol and gambling suppressed by local authorities)

9. Niger (girls can be married off before they reach puberty)

10. Nigeria (Sharia is enforced in the northern states)

11. Kenya (Ad Hoc Sharia enforced in the east near the border with Somalia)

12. Gambia (Sharia courts decide all family matters, including for non-Muslims)

13. Qatar (public consumption is illegal during Ramadan, Alcohol heavily restricted, blood money acceptable punishment for murder, "kafala" law which is also shared by all Gulf states but Bahrain is technically slavery)

14. Uganda (Kadhi Courts overseeing family and civil matters)

Most "Western" nations also have parallel Sharia legal systems (for example in Canada polygamy is widely practiced and authorities look the other way, Imams refusing to condemn or work to stop it). Sharia finance is also practiced in many nations around the world. Many other Islamic nations that do not apply Sharia (such as Azerbaijan, Albania, Bosnia, Uzbekistan, and Tajikstan) have large portions of their population who do want it applied or who actively seek to abide by it extra-legally.

Are you going to declare war on Canada? Turkey? Chechnya? Jordan?

Quit twisting this. I'm talking about radical Islamic Sharia law, NOT any other law.

And like I said, and you pointed-out, it's spreading.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

I think that the global community will hesitate to do anything in concert until it's too late. I think Islam will continue to rise in prominence until it can coalesce into a world defying entity. I believe this is what the last great war of civilization is to contest. What a ride we're all in for.

• Like 2

Quit twisting this. I'm talking about radical Islamic Sharia law, NOT any other law.

OK forget the last part. What about the rest?

I believe TPB want us all to conform to Islam. The illuminutty are patient and are willing to wait. Remember, the definition of Islam is submission. Once they have us all worshiping thier Alah we will be bound by capital law to obey.

And if any Sharia radical EVER comes to my home here in America, trying to force their barbaric ways, I will shoot them and bury them with a pig.

Sorry, Mods, delete if you feel necessary.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Many other Islamic nations that do not apply Sharia (such as Azerbaijan, Albania, Bosnia, Uzbekistan, and Tajikstan) have large portions of their population who do want it applied or who actively seek to abide by it extra-legally.

Citation needed! :lol:

There’s no significant let alone large portion of population in Bosnia that wants or actively seek Sharia.

I’m pretty sure about Albania too.

Bosniaks have their religion and their tradition, but I have never met a Bosniak with more than one wife. While I have met a Christian who lived with two women in the same household and regarded them both his wives. And so on.

I think people in this part of the world are mostly able to tell the difference between their faith and civil law.

• Like 1

Citation needed! :lol:

There’s no significant let alone large portion of population in Bosnia that wants or actively seek Sharia.

I’m pretty sure about Albania too.

Bosniaks have their religion and their tradition, but I have never met a Bosniak with more than one wife. While I have met a Christian who lived with two women in the same household and regarded them both his wives. And so on.

I think people in this part of the world are mostly able to tell the difference between their faith and civil law.

You can be be-headed for lying Helen!

You can be be-headed for lying Helen!

:lol:

Theoretically, yes. But theoretically I could be burnt at stake if theoretically far right comes to power and lets few bishops stuck in medieval times loose.

An outsider enemy would annoy me less than my own domestic morons, probably because a stranger may only be an enemy, while my own kind is also commiting a full treason by turning against its own people... but I digress.

There's no "world" to declare a war on anyone or anything simply because the world does not exist as an entity. We're still bunch of tribes that merge and diverge... take a look at any sport event, let alone politics.

These Islamic guys think differently to Western People, Life is cheap to them, as they prove with Suicide bombers, they dont care who is killed or maimed, including children, because they think that to die in this way is glorious to Allah, and Paradise awaits. I dont think that we shall ever win against Al- Qaida as its now world wide,and their children are raised and educated to hate everything western, and you wont recognise a terrorist until he decides to "take out", a few dozen innocents of any nationality, even their own, on his way to He---sorry Paradise. I guess we just have to live with these morons.

I believe TPB want us all to conform to Islam. The illuminutty are patient and are willing to wait. Remember, the definition of Islam is submission. Once they have us all worshiping thier Alah we will be bound by capital law to obey.

Just to clarify on this I did a little bit of research on the definition of islam just to prove you wrong.

Arabic has many roots words and often clusters of other words are put together to form one word to describe them all.

Obediance

Submission

Sincerity

Peace

Combine these words together in arabic and you get the word islam!

Dont you ever wonder why muslims must learn the quran in arabic, and not translations?

When there is enough nations to declare radical islam a functional "cancer" then, there will be concerted action.

Curiously, we may not have to wait very long... radical Islamic's seem to be drawing a great deal of attention to themselve's, likely to their demise.

Who want's to vacation in Egypt now, or any of a number of Islamic lead countries, while you might be kidnapped, held for ransom, or executed.

No country has declared Islam a functional cancer, so your "the world" doesn't come anywhere close to my "global war on terror" where I can at least name the countries and spell out their actions.

Why just "Islamic radicals"? Why not all forms of terrorism regardless of its religious or irreligious nature?

There are already global efforts to address this.

http://www.un.org/terrorism/strategy-counter-terrorism.shtml

What you're asking for is a very specific attention focused on a singular ideology, when the problem is actually global in scale and already enjoys efforts far more widespread than just the few nations you said it does.

Insofar as this discussion even belongs on the Middle East forum, we've already had global coalitions taking concerted action, against Muslim countries specifically for over 20 years now. Obama is bombing five countries in the Middle East. What do you want? More of the same? Should more countries of the world follow Obama's example?

• Like 1

No country has declared Islam a functional cancer, so your "the world" doesn't come anywhere close to my "global war on terror" where I can at least name the countries and spell out their actions.

Why just "Islamic radicals"? Why not all forms of terrorism regardless of its religious or irreligious nature?

There are already global efforts to address this.

http://www.un.org/te...terrorism.shtml

What you're asking for is a very specific attention focused on a singular ideology, when the problem is actually global in scale and already enjoys efforts far more widespread than just the few nations you said it does.

Insofar as this discussion even belongs on the Middle East forum, we've already had global coalitions taking concerted action, against Muslim countries specifically for over 20 years now. Obama is bombing five countries in the Middle East. What do you want? More of the same? Should more countries of the world follow Obama's example?

Those global efforts are probably effective to some degree. Quantifying this is difficult though. Yam there is no doubt that this ideology is a scourge to free peoples around the world. It just IS. We in the western tradition will either fight it to a standstill or it will permeate every aspect of our culture until it is victorious. If that doesn't seem to be something worth fighting for to you then your words supporting freedom ring a bit hollow.

You're going to have a hard time convincing Russia and China to take action against some of their best clients. Don't forget who sold these Islamic states most of their military hardware. There have long been been Soviet/Russian/Chinese/Cuban "advisers" and troops in these countries. And they're still there selling them stuff http://www.guardian....litary-presence

"The enemy of enemy is my friend."

Oh yeah, tell North Korea to knock it off too.