Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Horrific Things you experienced as a Child.

AlteredAgain

What are some horrifc thoughts, experiences, and images you had when you were younger?

1. I was always scared of my fireplace, ever since this dream I had. In it, I'm on my computer, and something falls through the chinmey, and stands up. It looks like a large dog or wolf, expect it's skinless. I could see it's veins pusling with blood. It's mouth is gargling, and it's eyes are pure white. I can tell it was there to kill me and my family.

If anyone ever saw the movie "The Thing", where the alien dog tries to digest the other canines in the kennel, then you can atleast have some what of a picture of what the creature in my dream looked like, expect the creature in my dream was a bit larger, and could actucally stand.

2. When I was younger, I had a Big Bird pillow. I loved it. One night, I'm sleeping on the pillow, and I hear Big Bird's voice say "Hey". I threw the pillow in the corner, and never touched it again.

3. This one is pretty funny. I used to be scared to go into the field beside my house alone, because I always thought a demon cow would attack me.

4. Me and my friend saw is long-dead dog's ghost walk through his Grandma's door.

5. The first time I saw the movie "Princes Mononoke", I was pretty young. Last at nights, when I was taking a shower, I always feared that a huge boar would crash through my house, killing me.

6. I thought my cat was going to try to kill me one night in my sleep, cause I kicked it.

6. I thought my cat was going to try to kill me one night in my sleep, cause I kicked it.

Well, that one's not too far fetched. Never underestimate the power of the feline. :D

• Like 1

Well, that one's not too far fetched. Never underestimate the power of the feline. :D

Well , apparently your cat ( the one in your avatar ) is underestimated. Who'd expect a cat to watch TV and drink booze?

For years I had to sleep on my side facing away from the window in my room. I had dreamed that there was a very tall person standing outside of it with glowing eyes and (In the dream) I called my mother into the room and she just looked at it and said "It's just the preacher. Go back to sleep.".... for some reason that nightmare (Clear as day probably 30 years later) scared me so much that for a period of around 3 or 4 years I had to sleep facing away from the window...

Okay, so there was this awful horror game for the Sega Saturn called "D". It was a **** game, but when I was little, we used to all congregate in the living room as a family and try to solve the puzzles together.

The game was set in a hospital, where this lunatic was killing people. His daughter had to come stop him or something.

There was this one scene with spikes on the walls and corpses lodged in the spikes. I consequently became horrified that my own bedroom would have those same spikes, and would crush me in my sleep.

Haha, here

It's so cheesy now, but it scared me so badly when I was little.

Some smart adult let me watch The Exorcist when I was 7 or 8 years old. It freaked me out so bad that I can't watch to this day without having problems sleeping for two or three nights.

• Like 1

There was a "Disappear Corner" in my room that terrified me. I used to think if I went anywhere near that corner I'd disappear completely, also I thought there was an invisible burning "thing" in the same corner that was still alive but very much on fire.

I have experienced the following things in my life. Some in childhood, some as a teen and some as a young adult.

~In elementary school a man in a car stalked my sister for a week when she would come to get me from school. One day we were late leaving so we missed the crowd of kids we normally walked with. He passed us in his car, turned around and we started running. He chased us in his car until we reached a neighbors house. The police never caught him.

~I watched my uncle fall from the top of a VERY tall pine tree and crash to the ground. He smashed 4 vertebrae in his spine. While he was falling time slowed down and it looked as if he was falling in slow motion. It sounded like my sister's screaming was coming out warped and really slow.

~Around the age of 23, my roommate came screaming into my room. A man had been in her room touching her. We called the cops and when they arrived, we found out that he had taken his clothes off at our back steps and entered our house nude. He left his flashlight beneath my bedroom window as he had been looking in on me. I sleep sans clothing and he had been in my room, taken the money out of my wallet and quietly closed the door behind him before he went into my roomies room.

I guess those are considered pretty horrifying for one life.

Edited by Pandora7321

When I was really young, maybe 5 or 6 I had a dream that me, my mom, grandma, and some of my uncles were in my grandma's kitchen when suddenly this huge, muscular black dog burst through the door. I jumped on top of the table and was screaming and everyone else was trying to keep it away from me and get it out of the house. It was just standing there in front of me, barking, growling, and slobbering. Oh and it had these huge, sharp teeth. Wasn't afraid of dogs before that, but was after.

When I was 9 or 10, I was riding my bike and skidded on a patch of gravel. Tore my knee up something awful. Still have a few pieces of gravel embedded deep in there.

Also ripped the skin off the side of my right index finger in 5th grade when I stuck my finger in a door hole (where the latch goes in), felt a spider web, and yanked it out.

2. When I was younger, I had a Big Bird pillow. I loved it. One night, I'm sleeping on the pillow, and I hear Big Bird's voice say "Hey". I threw the pillow in the corner, and never touched it again.

HAAAAA that is hilarious

Reminds me of this

Well after watching Jurassic Park, the one where the T-Rex rampages through the city, I never looked out of my window again at night because I thought the T-Rex would appear.

Edited by HumanTorch

When i was 14 i was riding my bike down a dirt road when the front tire suddenly jammed and I did a front-flip over the handlebars. The right side of my face took the full impact. I got 20 stitches and looked like a mutated orc-alien-chupacabra-fish for a week. Not to mention having to get all that gravel scraped off my face. Not fun. Not fun at all. To this day i hate riding bikes.

Edited by Yorgmiester

I had a teddy bear. One time I woke up late at night and saw it standing up at the foot of my bed. I was frozen in fright, and it took a step toward me, so I kicked it. In the morning it was still on the ground.

I t was definately a waking dream but scary none the less!

When I was about 8, for about 3 months I went to bed and saw a girl stand near the wall of my bedroom, made of light or something glowing white, wearing a floor length dress, just watching me. I called my mother in once, she couldn't see it. I tried to say, "hello," a few times, but I was too scared.

Years later I dreamed about a similar girl telling me about the "universe" but I'm not sure if it was the same girl, or if either girl was real.

When I was about 11 yrs old I watched my best friend shoot himself in the head at his birthday party.

It was a pellet gun and he had always had a twisted mind. I think he thought that the gun was empty so he pumped it up, put it to his head, and pulled the trigger. (All 5 of us were in his tree house) It went off and at first he stood there and we started looking at each other like this was some sick joke. Then he fell over on his side, crying. Blood was pouring from the side of his head.

I picked him up and ran him inside and his mom called the hospital. I thought he was going to die. I was actually pretty sure of it.

But no. The pellet is still in his brain and he is alive but has serious mental problems. He still acts like a kid and stuff.

When I was about 11 yrs old I watched my best friend shoot himself in the head at his birthday party.

It was a pellet gun and he had always had a twisted mind. I think he thought that the gun was empty so he pumped it up, put it to his head, and pulled the trigger. (All 5 of us were in his tree house) It went off and at first he stood there and we started looking at each other like this was some sick joke. Then he fell over on his side, crying. Blood was pouring from the side of his head.

I picked him up and ran him inside and his mom called the hospital. I thought he was going to die. I was actually pretty sure of it.

But no. The pellet is still in his brain and he is alive but has serious mental problems. He still acts like a kid and stuff.

Wow... reading through many of these posts, I am struck by how it is lucky we aren't all in institutions mumbling things to ourselves after some of the stuff that happened when we were kids...

• Like 1

Wow... reading through many of these posts, I am struck by how it is lucky we aren't all in institutions mumbling things to ourselves after some of the stuff that happened when we were kids...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

My thoughts exactly. Where's the rubber room and the straight jackets?

When I was little I rode my bike bare foot and scraped off the toenail from my little toe on the curb (the cement was just like sandpaper)

I didn't cry ...much :no: lol

1. When i was around 8-9 i witnessed my one of my friends get ran over by a truck, he did not die but was never the same.

2. Around the age of 16 or 17 me my Brother and sister went to a Micheal Jackson concert(Jackson 5) Before we even got in we accidentally bumped into Madonna, i could not speak because,will she was my future wife and i had the biggest crush on her etc. etc. anyway my Brother spoke up for me and exclaimed: Madonna, :no::unsure2: my Brother has the Biggest crush on you, all your records, posters Blah Blah Blah, :w00t: she ended up giving one of her black bracelet's that she wore all the time, i still have it by the way. We finally got to our seats which were three rows back from the front, after a few songs the lights went out and Micheal came out moonwalking singing Billie Jean, He then threw his hat out into the audience and it bounced a couple times and i reached up and caught it.( my Dad ended up selling it :cry: )

3. I believe i was around the age of 20-21, I was at my best friends house and got stuck right in the middle of the Miami Riots in Liberty City, in over-town, i saw things that evening that i never wish to see again in my life, people getting shot at and beat up for no reason other then the color of there skin, this event was my one of the top 5 things that were Horrific in my life.

4. I witnessed first hand what a Hurricane can do up close. We lived in Cutler Ridge in Miami when Hurricane Andrew passed over us, there are a couple of things that stand out, one is when there were 4 of us standing on our garage door and it still blew in, our roof actually came off and slammed back down.(the whole thing) we had to rescue are neighbors, there house was totally gone, after the storm was just about gone we went out and saw total devastation, there was a zoo and an Air Force base not that far away from us, there were animals(not typical small ones) laying around the streets, A Horse somehow got stuck on a power pole, it was dead, There were monkeys running amuck,people were shotting them because it was rumored that they escaped from a AIDS lab and could infect people if bitten, I saw dead people and parts that were scattered around, never found out where they came from, my Dad had an idea that they were homeless people or from somewhere other then our neighborhood.

Some of the stuff i have seen or been through i should write a book about.

I had a Sesame Street horrific experience too! I was about 3/4 and was put down for a nap. Cookie Monster appeared at the foot of my bed on one side, and "Hum De DUM DUMmed" to the other!!!!!! TO this day, I could swear it really happened!

I remember what I think was the most disturbing thing to happen to me. [and my friend's].

Whenever me and a certain two of my friend's went to hang around on the street's or go to the shop, ect, we would alway's wind up either being spotted, or bumping into this teenager with blond hair and black eye's . He would force us to sit down on the ground because he enjoyed feeling big or tall or whatever. His name was Kyle Inningworth, I believe. I hope I never come across him again. He is what I think to be the most intimidating person I've ever met. ****ing bully.

As far as other thing's are concerned:

I'm epileptic, which for those of you who don't know, mean's I'm prone to having seizure's, except they only occur/wake me up during when I sleep. Once I had been woken up from this really "powerful" seizure which spun me around on my bed so that my head was where my feet were, they I basically flew off of my bed and smashed head first onto my bedroom floor. I didn't need stitche's or anything like that, but the top right side of my head and right side of my face "burnt" with agony. It almost felt as if somebody had swung a cricket bat over my head, full throttle. So let me say that falling from a bed and knowing you'll land head first whilst having a seizure, is a pretty horrifying thing to endure. [you're completly powerless whilst having a seizure.

Another thing that disturbed me was when I was walking to my workplace one morning and was late, [had to be there at 7, slept in 'till quarter to 8] and was rushing to get there. I tried to make it across a main road, not only because I was late, but well, I thought there were no vehicle's coming. Let's just say I was skimmed by a semi truck. Just got past it and wasn't far from being fertilizer that morning. [This again happened at another point in my life involving me infront of a car and my ankle got badly scraped].

Hmm... The most recent frightening thing for me however was this nasty dream I had, which involved me laying powerless in bed and having this rat-sized, black, slimy leech-like creature crawl slowly into my mouth and I was dreading it. Whenever I tried to pull it off of my jaw it would use these needle-like pincer's on it's side's to cling to my jaw. Eventually it got about half-way into my mouth and because the inside of my mouth is wet because of saliva, it lost it's gripe and I tore that bastyard off and I think I threw it at one of my bedroom wall's or something... Can't quite remember that part. I do, however, remember waking up and sweating like I hadn't done before.

There are plenty more thing's put I've posted enough for now.

When I was about six or seven, by brother's girlfriend of that time had a china figurine of the Grim Reaper on a shelf in the guest bedroom of their house, where I would have to sleep. It used to scare the hell out of me. It got to the point where I commonly had nightmares in which the Grim Reaper came to get me, and I would see him out of the corner of my eye, peering through the small window in the front door every time I walked through the hall. I used to see Bigfoot standing in various doorways around the house as well.

When I was about two (still sleeping in a cot, anyway), there was a cabinet by the cot which had postcards stuck to it. There were also a few bits of tape stuck to it where postcards had been moved, and they used to move around at night if I looked at them.

I also used to see things in the dark, like a small, Disney prince-like figure on the mantelpiece that turned into (surprise, surprise) the Grim Reaper.

AND there was an episode of Thomas the Tank Engine that traumatised me every time I watched it.

I think that's all.

There are a couple of terrible memories I have from childhood that are still vivid and intense.

One happened when I was two years old. I was on a beach with my parents and was running through sand. Well, it was bright daylight and a fire pit looks just like sand. I ran though a large firepit and started screaming. I was so lucky I managed to keep moving forward before I collapsed. When I collapsed, my body was out of the pit but my feet were still in. Some guy picked me up and stuck my feet in a ice-cooler he had and that is probably what saved my feet. They were placed in ice only a few seconds after suffering the burns and they stayed in the ice all the way to the hospital. I couldn't walk for several months. I actually forgot how to walk and had to relearn. My feet are still tingly feeling to this day. Minor nerve damage.

Another happened when I was seven or eight. I have two younger brothers and we all slept in the same bedroom in triple-bunk beds. I slept on top. I remember falling out of bed and I was half-dreaming but I remember falling and I knew I was dreaming but I also knew that I was falling for real. It seemed to take forever and it was terrifying. My mom said I was screaming before she heard the thump of my head hitting the floor. I think I was dreaming of falling and then fell out of bed during the dream.

When I was around 5, two weeks before halloween me and my mom went to the grocery store. They had all the pumpkins and other halloween stuff out and me being 5 years old I wanted a pumpkin but not just any pumpkin I wanted one of those miniature pumpkins, because I already knew what was inside the normal sized pumpkins and I was curious about the miniature ones, I thought there was gold or something in those small ones. I remember it cost only 99 cents so my mom bought it for me not knowing what I was gonna do with it. So we get home and I wait for my mom to go to the bathroom, then I climb up the counter next to the sink and I grab the sharpest knife I could find, I go out to the side of the house and start trying to carve a hole at the top of the mini pumpkin. I was five so I wasnt that strong and after several attempts of jabbing the pumpkin I pick It up in my left hand and with the knife in my right I thrust both the pumpkin and the knife at each other. The knife goes straight through the pumpkin and straight through my hand right below my index and middle finger. At this point Im crying like crazy and walking back in the house, my mom hears me and runs out the bathroom and sees me walking towards her crying, my hand covered in blood, the knife stuck in my hand and the pumpkin inbetween both. She calls the docter which I guess she describes what happened and they tell her its not that bad I that I dont need to go to the emergency room. So my mom has to make an appointment for the docter and the earliest they have is 12 pm and its around 8 am so the appointment is 4 hours later. In the mean time my mom takes out the knife and ties a shirt around my hand and then takes me to the drugstore to buy some bandages. My hand eventually stops bleeding and looks discolored and dead, so for four hours Im walking around with a dead looking hand. Finally its time to go to the docter, all they did was sanitize the wound and give me some wierd tape bandages, I didnt even need stitches and it ended up healing really good in only two weeks. Im 17 now and I still have the scar, the only thing that still bothers me is I remember crying and stuff but I dont remember the pain.

Edited by I Seek Wisdom

What are some horrifc thoughts, experiences, and images you had when you were younger?

Horrific as child... let me see...

I don't really know... (to stupid to care for such trival stuff).

Perhaps... hun... :ph34r:

Remembered some things.

1. when I was a kid I was afreid that a dark dressed man might come for me and take me away. I don't know why, but it scared me so much I did not dare to go out for a while. It was just a dream, but it really freaked me out the thought that that man migth show up.

2. I was also afreid of being abducted by aliens and never come back to earth. Because aliens would change me or experiment with me... mayd me be scared of being alone to much.

3. I also was afreid of the ring... the first time I saw the japanes movie I was so scared of my television I turned the screen down so nothing would be able to come out.

4. Also I thought there was a creepy thing in the toilet that would come up if you went on it and drag you down to another world or put a alien thing in my *** (or in worst case scenario... go inside me and take controll).

5. I also was scared of that if I feelt anything, that everyone I cared for would die because of a demon or be faited to be hurt.

6. Also, I was afraid of IT when I showered and did not shower much as cause of the movie as kid.

7. Also I was scared that the "hufsa" would come from the mountains or something and freez everyone. Be eaten by her giant mout or soemthing to... eek. She was scary. Mayd me afraid of the winter mountains a while.

8. Oh, and another time I was creeped out from going in the mountains beliving a troll would eat me or some scary giant black eagle.

9. Ah, and the worst thing that freeked me out was the thought about getting a spidder inside my ear after reading about someone who had a spidder inside their ear laying eggs... after that I always sleept with something over my ears, thinking that a spidder would go inside.

10. (edited to put this in to) I was afraid to stand out when I was young also... I thought if I stod out in anyway or did to much I would end up in another world. That I would be somewhat spirited away... so I decided not to stand out, to trie to be invisibel so no one would notice I existed.

Just some of my childhood frigths :sk

Edited by Set the Fallen