Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepiest things ever!

MetallicBlood

I'm making this again since my old thread basically trailed off into obscurity, tho that one was centered around night tales anyway.

Tell the creepiest things that have ever happened to you, your friends/family, associates etc.

I can't really say I've had a lot of really creepy things happen to me *knock on wood* but Im interested in hearing everyone else's :tu:

• Like 1

This happened to my mumma not me! (Although I was there)

One night my parents had a massive row and she slept in my room with me instead of with my dad because she was annoyed with him. In the middle of the night she woke up and the door was wide open and there was a man stood in the doorway in an old fashioned house coat. He was bald. Its been a few years since she told me the story so I cant remember exactly the details of what happened, but im sure she said he walked from the doorway to the side of the bed and then disappeared...I cant remember if she said he said anything or not. She also said she could see several bathroom light pulls hanging from the ceiling, which she then saw on several occassions after that...

My dad also told me I used to be afraid of the walls in that bedroom, although I dont remember anything happening while I was in there...

• 1 month later...

I was sitting in my friend's living room with her at night watching television and we heard laughing, her mom was in the shower and it wasn't from the television. We both looked at each other and asked "did you hear that?" and we were like yeah and I was like okay. That was the only thing I heard that night. One night I was there and I woke up in the night and everyone was sleeping I think and I thought I heard people playing poker or playing with money or chips or something downstairs and then it stopped and I heard footsteps come up and just stop..I don't know if it was real or not, maybe I made it up but I know at the time it seemed real. She used to tell me stories about ghosts and weird stuff at her house but I think most of them she made up. That stuff was weird though that happened when I was there.

This happened to my boyfriend, not me, but it took place in my house so it's still creepy.

After saying goodnight to me in my room, my boyfriend was going back into my basement to go on the computer. Apparently we were being too noisy talking to one another because once he left my room and headed for the basement stairs a disembodied voice yelled "what are you doing!?" very loudly in his ear. He doesn't get creeped out easily, and we couldn't find an explanation for it. However he would have been walking past a very creepy old picture of my great great aunt at the time, so maybe we were keeping her up. :P Everyone in my house, other then my mum, finds that picture to be a little off.

I guess even ghosts need to sleep ^_^

I guess even ghosts need to sleep ^_^

Apparently! haha :lol:

This happened about 5 years ago. My husband and I were in Myrtle Beach, we were just walking down the boardwalk and there was a guy just standing there. He wasn't horribly creepy looking but his appearance was a little off, he looked maybe homeless and rough but at the same time someone that would only appear in an odd dream you had. He looked directly at us and said to my husband "Joshua your wife is lovely" we weren't talking at the time so I know he didn't overhear me say his name, and whats stranger is we were only friends at the time, we weren't married nor in a relationship. My husband looked at him and said "thank you", we walked away and when we turned a second later to take a look at the guy again he was gone. This is one of the MANY strange things that happens when your out in public with my husband.

When I was about 8 years old I was sittting on the kitchen counter at my grandma's house waiting for my mom and grandma to come back with scissoprs to cut my hair. Anyway looking out from the kitchen counter is a doorway and the side door is on the left the hallway goes straight thry to where they were, as I was sitting there I saw a man dressed in a white suit with like a white towel on his head walk in from the door and go straight towards them. They came back like a split second after that and I asked them who was that man, needless to say they didn't see a man!

This happened about 5 years ago. My husband and I were in Myrtle Beach, we were just walking down the boardwalk and there was a guy just standing there. He wasn't horribly creepy looking but his appearance was a little off, he looked maybe homeless and rough but at the same time someone that would only appear in an odd dream you had. He looked directly at us and said to my husband "Joshua your wife is lovely" we weren't talking at the time so I know he didn't overhear me say his name, and whats stranger is we were only friends at the time, we weren't married nor in a relationship. My husband looked at him and said "thank you", we walked away and when we turned a second later to take a look at the guy again he was gone. This is one of the MANY strange things that happens when your out in public with my husband.

What else has happened?

We constantly have people calling us by name in public, whether it be Taco Bell or the mall. Another more recent experience was a couple months ago, we went to the zoo for our son's birthday. We didn't buy a pack of "zoo bucks" (a pack of coupons to get you into certain exhibits) so we went to go on the train at the zoo and didn't have enough cash on hand to do so, we were disappointed and walked to the next exihibit. We were showing our son the kangaroos about 15 minutes later when a gentleman walked up to us, handed us a full pack of zoo bucks and without saying anything walked away. These are just public events, if I dived into the weird events surrounding my husband I could write a novel :lol:

hmm id say its been the odd shadow person encounters here and there.

first time i awoke with one sitting on the foot of my bed.

the other time i was home alone and i saw something leave from my sisters room and go down the stairs. i assumed it was her but you know i was home alone.

the only other creepy thing was that nightmare that literally devoured any and all nightmares ive had.

one moment your running from a nightmare the next this darkness just devours it. its swift its sudden like a semi crashing through your dreams.

Well my experiances still make me a little too aware of the dark. The earliest was a few years ago i was about 11 or 12 and it was around evening and i was laying on my parents bed my mom wasnt there and I was falling asleep when something pulled me roughly halfway off the bed. Soon after I discovered an entity of sorts called Lucian.(I dont think I'm crazy but he was real) He was focused on me, always with me I could feel his presence and if he touched me but he soon went away. Then there was this time in the morning when I was getting ready to go to school I saw this entity which was nice or angelic it was white in colour but when I saw it it ran away but I've never told anyone.Also last year in the middle of the night I was awakened by my bed shaking I thought I was an earthquake but there were no reports and no one else felt it so that freaks me out and on ocassion I'd here people call my name and I'd be fully awake and not be around anyone but I'd here someone call my name.

The creepiest thing that's ever happened to me actually wasn't very scary (as not much has really happened to me over the years). But this was actually only four days ago. I was in bed a little early as I needed to be somewhere, however I couldn't sleep (as a side note, my dad wasn't able to sleep either, not sure if that's related). So anyways, I moved out onto the living room couch to see if I might be able to sleep better there. However, the whole time I was out there I was seeing and hearing strange stuff... for example, I kept hearing soft footprints on the carpet behind me, and I heard something on my kitchen counter get knocked over. I also heard what I could of sworn was a very soft female voice, like a little girl. As for what I saw, on the mirror across from the couch, when I glanced at it, I saw a black line pass behind the couch, and into my dining room. Every time I looked for something, I saw nothing their, even when I searched the house.

So yeah. Creepy.

Okay two things (Neither is extremely creepy but they creep me out to this day... So personally creepy maybe) :

First :Walking home from a swim one day when I heard my name being shouted from what sounded like maybe 10 feet behind me. I turn around and nothing was there. Went home and, as my parents were busy that night and I was home alone until 9pm, I started locking all the doors to the house. My memory literally skips from locking the first door until about 8:30pm (around 3 hours) when I remember watching a TV show.

Second : I had a dream once - I dreamed that there was a very tall man outside my window. I couldn't see his head he was so tall - just his chest as he stood there. In my dream my mother comes into the room and says "Don't worry - that's just the preacher." and leaves. A few days later my mother mentions a dream in which I called out to her and she came into my room, saw a tall man outside the window and called him a preacher.

Well my experiances still make me a little too aware of the dark. The earliest was a few years ago i was about 11 or 12 and it was around evening and i was laying on my parents bed my mom wasnt there and I was falling asleep when something pulled me roughly halfway off the bed.

Something similar happened to me!

I don't remember how old I was, but I was young. I was awake in bed quietly singing to myself and bouncing my legs. I had one arm hanging over the side of the bed, and it felt like someone grabbed my wrist and yanked me. Almost pulled me off the bed.

Of course, I freaked out and pulled back and got lose. I was so scared, so I didn't try to look and see what it was. I stood up on my bed and jumped off (to avoid getting near the edge) and ran to my parents room and slept in there. (and they made me sleep on the floor! T_T thankfully, the cat was under their bed so I knew there were no monsters there)

To this day I still won't sleep with any body parts hanging off the bed, and I hate when other people do it.

Something similar happened to me!

I don't remember how old I was, but I was young. I was awake in bed quietly singing to myself and bouncing my legs. I had one arm hanging over the side of the bed, and it felt like someone grabbed my wrist and yanked me. Almost pulled me off the bed.

Of course, I freaked out and pulled back and got lose. I was so scared, so I didn't try to look and see what it was. I stood up on my bed and jumped off (to avoid getting near the edge) and ran to my parents room and slept in there. (and they made me sleep on the floor! T_T thankfully, the cat was under their bed so I knew there were no monsters there)

To this day I still won't sleep with any body parts hanging off the bed, and I hate when other people do it.

I was laying on my front when it happened and I did pull my foot back but i didnt see anything.I never told anyone before this though but i just brushed it off and forgot about it though now I cant fall asleep unless I'm Laying on my front so I'm always afraid that it'll get me again but i still have the reaction to anything touching my feet like that when I'm in my bed. I dont know what it was though...I want to know...

The creepiest thing I can think of only happened to me indirectly, but it's happened a bunch of times now. I have an online friend who just went through the Catholic church's exorcism screening process, meaning they had her checked out by doctors and a therapist as well as several different priests. They could find no medical or psychological reasons for what she is experiencing, so she will be having an exorcism soon. I have heard her being choked and beaten by somethinh she can't see. I've heard knocking sounds that seem to move all around her room. I've heard her bedroom door slam, open, and slam again in the space of a few seconds. She's also been attacked sexually and wakes up with scratches and burns on her body that correspond to injuries "it" inflicts on her in her dreams. All of that is creepy enough, but the creepiest moments are when "it" takes over and talks to me over her headset. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I am interested in spirituality and world religions so I have a collection of "sacred" texts, including the Bible. I'm still not convinced that the Bible is the only book with "power" to it, but this thing definitely does not like the Lord's Prayer. It seems to know I'm reading it even when I'm doing it silently, and it also reacted violently to the name of Jesus Christ, hitting her hard and making her bedroom door slam repeatedly. The first time it spoke to me, I grabbed the Bible and started reading that prayer. A tingling started in both hands, which were holding the Bible. The tingling spread up both arms, across my shoulders and upper back, and onto my neck. I thought I was having a heart attack, but kept reading. An incredible calm swept over me and I was able to converse with it, actually laughing at it's obvious lies and calling it a parasite. I've read that knowing the demon's name is an important part of an exorcism, so I asked about it's name. It said "I am the one.", which naturally made me think it was claiming to be Satan. I said something to that effect and it said "Don't talk about God and Satan. It's not that simple.", but later admitted that it wasn't "the one". I never did get a name though. When it first began to talk to me, it promised me sex with her if I would just back off and leave the situation alone, then when I refused it said too bad I wouldn't join the fun, because her sweat was as sweet as her blood. Mostly what it does is gloat when it talks to me, saying that it is in control and I am out of the picture, or saying "I won, you lost.", but it's also confused by me in some way because once it asked me who I was and why I had such influence over her. It's also threatened to "torment" me in my dreams, which is how things started for my friend, but I haven't even had a bad dream since it said that to me. Anyway... creepy stuff to hear, no matter what you believe about the cause. I started out thinking her problem could be spiritual, medical, or psychological. I'm now convinced it's some kind of malevolent spirit and will be glad when the day of the exorcism comes.

The creepiest thing I can think of only happened to me indirectly, but it's happened a bunch of times now. I have an online friend who just went through the Catholic church's exorcism screening process, meaning they had her checked out by doctors and a therapist as well as several different priests. They could find no medical or psychological reasons for what she is experiencing, so she will be having an exorcism soon. I have heard her being choked and beaten by somethinh she can't see. I've heard knocking sounds that seem to move all around her room. I've heard her bedroom door slam, open, and slam again in the space of a few seconds. She's also been attacked sexually and wakes up with scratches and burns on her body that correspond to injuries "it" inflicts on her in her dreams. All of that is creepy enough, but the creepiest moments are when "it" takes over and talks to me over her headset. I'm not a particularly religious person, but I am interested in spirituality and world religions so I have a collection of "sacred" texts, including the Bible. I'm still not convinced that the Bible is the only book with "power" to it, but this thing definitely does not like the Lord's Prayer. It seems to know I'm reading it even when I'm doing it silently, and it also reacted violently to the name of Jesus Christ, hitting her hard and making her bedroom door slam repeatedly. The first time it spoke to me, I grabbed the Bible and started reading that prayer. A tingling started in both hands, which were holding the Bible. The tingling spread up both arms, across my shoulders and upper back, and onto my neck. I thought I was having a heart attack, but kept reading. An incredible calm swept over me and I was able to converse with it, actually laughing at it's obvious lies and calling it a parasite. I've read that knowing the demon's name is an important part of an exorcism, so I asked about it's name. It said "I am the one.", which naturally made me think it was claiming to be Satan. I said something to that effect and it said "Don't talk about God and Satan. It's not that simple.", but later admitted that it wasn't "the one". I never did get a name though. When it first began to talk to me, it promised me sex with her if I would just back off and leave the situation alone, then when I refused it said too bad I wouldn't join the fun, because her sweat was as sweet as her blood. Mostly what it does is gloat when it talks to me, saying that it is in control and I am out of the picture, or saying "I won, you lost.", but it's also confused by me in some way because once it asked me who I was and why I had such influence over her. It's also threatened to "torment" me in my dreams, which is how things started for my friend, but I haven't even had a bad dream since it said that to me. Anyway... creepy stuff to hear, no matter what you believe about the cause. I started out thinking her problem could be spiritual, medical, or psychological. I'm now convinced it's some kind of malevolent spirit and will be glad when the day of the exorcism comes.

About three or four years ago, me and my best friend where just hanging around in my room, it was raining, and our street flooded! My mom told me that we had to go outside, and we did, trying to get out of the flooding water, which was up to my knees, and some random guy our age walked up behind us, and acted like he knew us. I was really scared that he was some freak that was gonna kidnap us, but he just faded away very slowly, and we freaked out, running inside, still soaked. I think like, two weeks later, we learned a friend of ours had been in a coma, but he was fine now, and we told him about our experiance with the teen, and he told us that he had been thinking about us while he was in the coma, and he mentioned that he felt water up to the middle of his shin, and it felt like it was raining! I told him that I thought that he was the guy we saw! He said that he might have been.

I have had lots of creepy things happen but this one was the one that bothered me the most and still does to this day. It was over 15 years ago while I was pregnant with my last son. Iam realy never very imotional while Iam pregnant so this kinda caught me off gard. Remember the stupid woman who claimed her car was carjacked while her two little boys were in it? Well I was watching the news the night that it happened and I commented to my husband that I really hoped they catch that guy and I hope the boys are ok. That night I had the dream.... In the dream I was there by the lake. I was watching her with her two sleeping boys in the back seat of this car. The car was idling and she was standing outside of the car with the drivers door open. It was so dark, I could not really make out her face but I knew who she was. She was saying something to the children but I could not really hear what she was saying and all I could see was the back of one of their heads throuth the back window in the back seat of the car. Then she closed the door and the car just rolled into the lake. The next thing I was in the front seat of the car but on my knees looking over the front seat at the two little boys in their car seats. They looked asleep. Then I could feel the car starting to float, it was weird and cold. Then I could feel the water coming into the car. Just as I noticed the water level rising in the front seat the boys started to wake up and I saw them looking at me. My heart stoped and I could not speak to them at all! The water was in the back seat now and the boys started crying for their mother. They were screaming "Mommy!" The screaming was piercing my ears and they were so scared! I could not help them, all I could do was watch them screaming and trying to get out of their seats! I was there to the end. I saw both of them go. As soon as the older boy died I woke up screaming. My husband was freaked out and tried to calm me down. I could not stop crying. I was freezing and shaking so bad I could not stand up. I tried to tell him about the dream but I just could not stop crying. Finally I told him most of it (after about an hour) and I told him that I think she killed her boys. He said I was making a mountain out of a mole hill and that It was just a dream.

Well as we all know it wasn't just a dream. I still cry when I think of them, and I think of them almost evryday. I cryed so much that week and when my husband asked me why I was still crying I told him,"No body is crying for them. Some one has to cry for those two little boys!" I have never had that ever happen to me agian ever. Why that one time I will never know but I can still hear their screams, I can still feel the water and I still cry for the two little boys. And right now I can't stop crying

Rocketgirl

I have had lots of creepy things happen but this one was the one that bothered me the most and still does to this day. It was over 15 years ago while I was pregnant with my last son. Iam realy never very imotional while Iam pregnant so this kinda caught me off gard. Remember the stupid woman who claimed her car was carjacked while her two little boys were in it? Well I was watching the news the night that it happened and I commented to my husband that I really hoped they catch that guy and I hope the boys are ok. That night I had the dream.... In the dream I was there by the lake. I was watching her with her two sleeping boys in the back seat of this car. The car was idling and she was standing outside of the car with the drivers door open. It was so dark, I could not really make out her face but I knew who she was. She was saying something to the children but I could not really hear what she was saying and all I could see was the back of one of their heads throuth the back window in the back seat of the car. Then she closed the door and the car just rolled into the lake. The next thing I was in the front seat of the car but on my knees looking over the front seat at the two little boys in their car seats. They looked asleep. Then I could feel the car starting to float, it was weird and cold. Then I could feel the water coming into the car. Just as I noticed the water level rising in the front seat the boys started to wake up and I saw them looking at me. My heart stoped and I could not speak to them at all! The water was in the back seat now and the boys started crying for their mother. They were screaming "Mommy!" The screaming was piercing my ears and they were so scared! I could not help them, all I could do was watch them screaming and trying to get out of their seats! I was there to the end. I saw both of them go. As soon as the older boy died I woke up screaming. My husband was freaked out and tried to calm me down. I could not stop crying. I was freezing and shaking so bad I could not stand up. I tried to tell him about the dream but I just could not stop crying. Finally I told him most of it (after about an hour) and I told him that I think she killed her boys. He said I was making a mountain out of a mole hill and that It was just a dream.

Well as we all know it wasn't just a dream. I still cry when I think of them, and I think of them almost evryday. I cryed so much that week and when my husband asked me why I was still crying I told him,"No body is crying for them. Some one has to cry for those two little boys!" I have never had that ever happen to me agian ever. Why that one time I will never know but I can still hear their screams, I can still feel the water and I still cry for the two little boys. And right now I can't stop crying

Rocketgirl

That really is a horrible thing to hear :(:cry:

That really is a horrible thing to hear :(:cry:

Thankyou. It truely was the creepiest thing that has ever happened. The weird thing about that is I have never had that happen to me again. I do have some kind of mentle connection with me oldest son but nothing even close to what happened to me that night.

I once saw a shadow blacker than night across the garden at my parents house. It was around ten at night and i was waiting at the side door for my mom to come down the walk and open unlock the door when I looked across the garden and in the darkness saw an even darker silhouette of a man with a top hat that seemed to just slink down into the ground. A week or so later I saw it engulfing the doorway in my living room and then vanished abruptly.