Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Abortion on demand' gets ‘green light'

Still Waters

...and birth control pills are all covered by health care over there. The UK is all about stopping teen mothers :alien:

A very sensitive subject. I am pro life but respect a persons right to terminate a pregnancy. Its crucial IMO a doctor sees the mother before giving the go ahead to an abortion..... there are and will be many woman who slip through the net who should not go ahead for medical and pyschological reasons.

Edited by Star of the Sea

...and birth control pills are all covered by health care over there. The UK is all about stopping teen mothers :alien:

Yes but birth control pills aren't always the answer.

Abortion aside for a second...

A doctor, or any other medical staff for that matter, should indeed see a patient before signing off on any medical procedure. I would say this no matter what the procedure is.

Ok, my second is up :)

I will say right now.. Hey folks be nice in this debate please, lets not require mod clean up :tu:

• Like 1

Personally I think abortions shouldn't be allowed after twenty weeks (unless there is a medical reason to get one). Twenty weeks should be ample to decide. But that's just my opinion. Eitherway a doc should have to see the patient before making a decision :0

That's extremely reckless. A woman needs to be examined for a multitude of things before they perform an abortion procedure. And they are going to let nurses perform them?

I wonder how many women will have to suffer complications before they rethink this....

I think the idea is that the Doctor can refer a patient to the Consulting Surgeon / Gynaecologist without seeing her first. The Consulting Surgeon / Gynaecologist will still need to meet with the Mum-to-be prior to any procedure being performed.