Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Forbidden on Google map

camelfy

In some cases, these regions have been intentionally digitally obscured or blurred.[1] Westchester County, New York, for example, has asked Google to blur potential terror targets (such as an amusement park, a beach, and parking lots) from its satellite imagery.[2]

In some cases, censorship of certain sites has been removed. When Google Maps was launched, images of the White House and United States Capitol inWashington, D.C. were blurred out; current versions of Google Maps and Google Earth show these sites uncensored, but with out-of-date imagery.[3

Also it tells you the reason and what object is blured, sorry but nothing mysterious

Example, France

Coordinates Object Comment Link 17px-WMA_button2b.png46°42′47″N1°14′39″E HWU transmitter reduced resolution [13] 17px-WMA_button2b.png21°50′00″N138°50′00″E Moruroa Airstrip, dock and buildings greyed out [14] 17px-WMA_button2b.png44°8′36″N 4°42′34″E Marcoule The Marcoule site of the Commissariat à l'Énergie Atomique is shown in reduced resolution. [15] 17px-WMA_button2b.png49°40′49″N1°52′48″W AREVA La Hague nuclear fuel reprocessing facility The AREVA La Hague nuclear fuel reprocessing facility is shown in reduced resolution.

Edited by Yes_Man
  • Like 5

In some cases, these regions have been intentionally digitally obscured or blurred.[1] Westchester County, New York, for example, has asked Google to blur potential terror targets (such as an amusement park, a beach, and parking lots) from its satellite imagery.[2]

Potential terror targets, a beach and parking lots???!! That's the funniest piece of paranoia I've heard yet. Are these beaches and parking lots protected by a Berlin Wall style security barrier so that the public can't gain access?! What do they think the Mad Terrorists are going to do, choose to launch an attack on the beach at Westchester county just because they found it hoogle earth?? that's absolutely hysterical.

Here's a list of places people trying to hide on Google map.

http://en.wikipedia....or_unclear_data

Yes Man has already answered... people can even remove 'themselves' from google searches. And why not? When I used to be on FB I began to realise how precious personal security/info and images really are. If I ever won the lottery Id want my mansion to be blurred out too

• Like 4

Here's a list of places people trying to hide on Google map.

http://en.wikipedia....or_unclear_data

People can ask to do that, or do you think there is a conspiracy behind this? maybe a hidden spaceship or bigfoots sanctuary?

• Like 1

People can ask to do that, or do you think there is a conspiracy behind this? maybe a hidden spaceship or bigfoots sanctuary?

Silly woman your so far behind. The spaceship flying bigfoots have already taken over the government!! It's obvious they are hiding the secret reptilian army bases!!!! :)

• Like 1

Countries that blur out things is interesting and fascinating. You gotta wonder what the heck they're hiding.

• Like 1

gah, in the link i posted it came up with the table, but it came up with that..

Does anyone know the coordinates of the section of the Grand Canyon thats supposed to be blurred out? I'd like to take a look, just for showing my kids.

I had a look, I couldn't find anything that looked noticeably blurred, although I didn't inspect it all on high resolution.

Interestingly, if you look at 37o 14" N, 115o 47" W, you can see the well knownsecret US Air force research facility at Groom lake, Nevada, otherwise know as "Area 51", quite well. I wonder if this is a kind of psychology to persuade people that there's actually nothing there they're really too concerned about hiding. :blush:

How about amazon rainforest, what's the deal with that?

How about amazon rainforest, what's the deal with that?

How d'you mean? Has it been blanked out or something?

Silly woman your so far behind. The spaceship flying bigfoots have already taken over the government!! It's obvious they are hiding the secret reptilian army bases!!!! :)

Everything has the potential to be a "conspiracy."

Everything has the potential to be a "conspiracy."

I say this very sincerely but the peice you quoted was satire(a joke). And surprisingly you are right, I have read today alone (thanks to psyche101) that the moon it's self is fake. Dinosaurs never existed, and I think I saw somewhere that siri from iPhone was starting a apocalypse. So honestly they have found a way to turn anything into a conspiracy.

• Like 1

Probably mistaken for indigenous/commercial deforestation?

Just saw it being listed on the link as low resolution or even lower resolution:

Large portions of the Amazon are low resolution at full zoom. Smaller areas in the given coordinates appear to be further censored.

I'd say deforestation or drug cartels too, yeah.

Just saw it being listed on the link as low resolution or even lower resolution:

I'd say deforestation or drug cartels too, yeah.

perhaps because large areas where there's not very much often are, it's built up areas that are usually at higher resolution.

Are you saying the Google would blank out places at the request of illegal loggers or drug cartels? :unsure2:

Do you honestly rely on Google maps, I googled the marina where my boat is , and the marina wasn't there, having been built 2 years ago, some of these maps are so out of date its laughable.So I now go off to find my invisible boat in a non existant marina,There's another 250 boats invisible as well.Google is crap.

• Like 1

I looked at my house on Google maps and realised my windows need cleaning badly. I'll get around to it one day.

• Like 4

Do you honestly rely on Google maps, I googled the marina where my boat is , and the marina wasn't there, having been built 2 years ago, some of these maps are so out of date its laughable.So I now go off to find my invisible boat in a non existant marina,There's another 250 boats invisible as well.Google is crap.

I've heard that you can go into Street View to see the Great Wall of China being built!

:D

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

I did the same with our old marina, and the same thing popped up, no marina, no boats, guess this is what we can call time travel. :w00t:

for those who do not believe us when we say there are marinas there......honest there is, but just not in google years.

• Like 1

I did the same with our old marina, and the same thing popped up, no marina, no boats, guess this is what we can call time travel. :w00t:

for those who do not believe us when we say there are marinas there......honest there is, but just not in google years.

OK when I bought my boat (2008) I found the marina straight away, but that was by using the satellte view function. Does anyone use that, or just the street view?

My brother passed away a couple years ago, but before that he had lived in Florida.

I would often Google Earth his home just to "re-visit"

What you guys are saying about outdated photos is of course true, and of course by financial necessity on Google's end; they will re-image or otherwise acquire more recent images if they decide it's enough of an "issue", I guess.

But the interesting part for me is that their image of my brothers house includes a white pick-up truck that he used to own years ago. He hadn't had it for some time before he passed away, but I still remember the great times we had in it when I would visit. So, for me it's actually great that I can Google Earth and still see that truck.

• Like 2

OK when I bought my boat (2008) I found the marina straight away, but that was by using the satellte view function. Does anyone use that, or just the street view?

How old was the marina? fairly new ones are not on there. But there are dates on the satelite, maps and street view as to when google took them.