Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

How many of you can get to the starting line?

• Please log in to reply
354 replies to this topic

#211    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 15 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

I am just saying it's possible not to be detected. Do you think comercial radar is configured to detect anything other than commercial airlines?

No, but it would then follow that it is useless to use no returns on commercial radar as evidence of anything.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#212    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 15 January 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Yet

it is just your claim and may not be factual.

It is factual, and I invite you to look into all this on your own if you don't believe me.

#213    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 15 January 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

No, but it would then follow that it is useless to use no returns on commercial radar as evidence of anything.

When people seen something that didn't register on radar. Would it be valid for the skeptics to point to it not being on radar as conclusive evidence that its was never there?

#214    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,720 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 15 January 2013 - 11:30 PM, said:

When people seen something that didn't register on radar. Would it be valid for the skeptics to point to it not being on radar as conclusive evidence that its was never there?

No, It would only mean that the sighting doesn't have corroborating radar evidence, not necessarily that nothing was there or that nothing was seen.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#215    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 15 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Right, "The government are, if nothing else, expert at the art of mis-direction."

cormac

You've summed it all up in a "nutshell" already knowing that the proof & evidence you seek in this forum, has already been dissected by  specific government agencies whose agenda it is to intentionally mis-direct through the leaking of false & mis-leading information to the public.

Edited by NiteMarcher, 16 January 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#216    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,627 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 16 January 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

You've summed it all up in a "nutshell" already knowing that the proof & evidence you seek in this forum, has already been dissected by  specific government agencies whose agenda it is to intentionally mis-direct through the leaking of false & mis-leading information to the public.

Riiiiight, that's probably what I'd say if I were gullible enought to believe in unevidenced ET's visiting earth while the various governments were carrying on with their multi-billion dollar "Black Projects" right under my nose. Gotta love the gullibility of the AA crowd, they make it soooo easy for governments and their military to hide what they do. :D

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#217    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 15 January 2013 - 09:04 AM, said:

More have seen Santa than aliens and you're calling him a myth?!

I'd say no living person has seen the real St Nick who has been impersonated and lied about although it is done in a nice way, but many have seen the myth of Santa.  So more people alive have seen what they call "aliens".  Doesn't mean aliens are ETs from another star system, they could be something else much closer to home and the stories about them grew from lack of knowledge and tales just like the Santa Claus.

#218    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 16 January 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

No, It would only mean that the sighting doesn't have corroborating radar evidence, not necessarily that nothing was there or that nothing was seen.

This we can agree on.

#219    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 16 January 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

Riiiiight, that's probably what I'd say if I were gullible enought to believe in unevidenced ET's visiting earth while the various governments were carrying on with their multi-billion dollar "Black Projects" right under my nose. Gotta love the gullibility of the AA crowd, they make it soooo easy for governments and their military to hide what they do. :D

cormac

In the name of "National Security", i would not put anything pass them. History proven it.

#220    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

View Postnopeda, on 11 January 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

From my pov it seems that in a forum called Extraterrestrial Life & The UFO Phenomenon the starting line is to consider the possibility that xts HAVE BEEN HERE in some realistic way(s). It doesn't mean you have to accept it as what actually happened, and certainly not all claims and evidence that it has happened, but also certainly that it COULD HAVE happened. Yet the majority of people in this forum don't seem able to think realistically about the possibility that they have, but only about the possibility that they have not. And not always realistically about that either. For example I've never heard or read a good explanation about how people could microwave the stems of plants making them lay down and form complex designs in fields using no light and making no sound in about 3 hours time, but some just seem to take it for granted that people are doing it. How to produce the microwave energy without a generator people could hear? How to control and direct the energy if they could? How to control the fall of so many plants so they lay in the correct way while the microwave energy is somehow being created and applied?

There are also countless other things in addition to crop circles that would require being able to realistically consider the influence of xt influence in order to get to the starting line. Yet it seems that not only can most posters in this forum not :no: get to the starting line, but on top of that they're also often critical and insulting toward people who can and do. Good :yes: fun!

A lot of cover-up types come to these forums doing their PR. A troll and debunk routine to marginalize the subject matter. Anti-alien spin doctoring that sort of thing.

#221    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 16 January 2013 - 12:51 AM, said:

cormac

Actually if there was nothing to ET it wouldn't be effective disinformation just like people wouldn't be make a huge fuss over ET.

#222    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

No one has ever exaplained why ETs if flase would make effective disinformation like the Russians or Chinese would drink that kool-aid and you making a huge stink over aliens even though there is nothing to them have it all figured out. Blame it on secret Black buget stealth craft using tales of aliens to mask their activity. G T F O H

Edited by topsecretresearch, 16 January 2013 - 02:22 AM.

#223    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 15 January 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

oh dear, you really don't like people who aren't persuaded by your arguments, do you? Perhaps you might want to try to make your arguments a bit more persuasive, or perhaps use better analogies, then perhaps you might not have to respond in this manner. Perhaps you might want to think about trying that next time,
Or perhaps you want to read what I'm replying to. You aren't very bright are you?

#224    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,627 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 16 January 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Actually if there was nothing to ET it wouldn't be effective disinformation just like people wouldn't be make a huge fuss over ET.

There's a real simple analogy for that. If one is concentrating so hard on the con-man's (military/government's)  right hand, then they're NOT paying attention to his left. And from what I've seen from the AA crowd they can't seem to pull their attention away from the right hand. They're fed just enough BS to make it believable. I think it's so hilarious that some people/groups are so willing to be lied to. I wonder how many go snipe-hunting as well. :w00t:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#225    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 15 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

It is factual, and I invite you to look into all this on your own if you don't believe me.

that sarbacher was told about it?

S: I was told that they had recovered a UFO with some people in it.
F: Bodies, whatever.

S: I don't know, that's what I think was told.

http://www.president...-interview-1983

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users