Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Spooks in Ohio Historical Museum Captured

Still Waters

According to a group of paranormal investigators from Ohio, ghosts are haunting a local museum, and the spooky evidence left behind has been enough to convince museum employees that they aren’t alone.

On Saturday, the Wayne County Historical Museum hosted the annual Spirit Academy & Paranormal Investigation, an event during which attendees are welcomed to hone their ghost hunting skills while chasing down phantoms in the reportedly haunted location. How successful were they? If the evidence captured by Spirit Paranormal is to be believed, very.

http://whofortedblog...torical-museum/

So that fact that this "academy" was a money making event for the museum doesn't raise a red flag?

Little hokey museums like this around the country have begun to embrace the paranormal simply to drive attendance. Without it, I'm sure a number of these places would be in dire straits - after all, how many would visit the Wayne County Historical Museum on a regular basis? Probalby not many.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

ive actaully been there when i was a kid, from what i can tell not many people visit it save for the number of school age children that must visit it each year as part of their history class; its nothing to behold.

as far as being able to say if its haunted or not i cant say for sure as it was not my intention in the 5th grade to capture evidence of the paranormal i was just happy to get out of class for awile.

So that fact that this "academy" was a money making event for the museum doesn't raise a red flag?

Little hokey museums like this around the country have begun to embrace the paranormal simply to drive attendance. Without it, I'm sure a number of these places would be in dire straits - after all, how many would visit the Wayne County Historical Museum on a regular basis? Probalby not many.

Indeed, this is a problem.

One would hope to think that in the 21'st century that paranormal "hoaxes" would be reduced by virture of increased common sense.

However, this is not the case at all, as affordable advances in computing technology, and the excessive access by children has tended to create an even more "clouded" authentication.

Not to mention the mentally ill, at home, with nothing better to do than to re-create their internal fantasies on the Internet.

• Like 1