Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Necromancy

TheHand

I would just like to know. If people feel uncomfortable with this, or this is an innapropriate topic, then close it. Also, if this does not fit under metaphysics, then please move it. I would like to bring a kitty back. (they are so cute) If Necromancy is a myth, then please say so.

Edit:

Edited topic's title.

Edited by Phantom

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chico del nacho

• TheHand

• schadeaux

• Loonboy

Top Posters In This Topic

now if we've learned anything from stephen king, we know that ressurecting kitties generally means the kitties become EVIL ph34r.gif . for more information on necromancy, rent the movie "pet semetary" thumbsup.gif

seriously though, i don't know anything about it.

Even if it did work there are many laws against playing around with dead bodies. I don't believe a Zombie Cat would be all that "cute" either..

What is it's your cat? Do the laws still apply? Because I don't know much about that part of the law. I really don't think it's morally wrong, because my cat got shot by a mean guy a couple of blocks away. It was only a bebe gun, but my cat got shot several times in the heart, and bled to death internally. They sewed up his heart, and the body is preserved. I wanted to spend a little more time with him (my cat). He got shot a week before his birthday. sad.gif If this is unreal/impossible to do, please tell me, because false hope is worse than no hope.

my cat got shot by a mean guy a couple of blocks away

that makes me very very mad po.gifscreama.gif

Damn, that guy is a jerk. I hate people that kill animals for fun. disgust.gif

I smell a monkey..... a work monkey!!!!!!

No you don't Gollum, trust me on this one. thumbsup.gif

I personally do not believe in necromancy. But what do I know? wink2.gif

If you can find a shaman, he/she might be able to help you. Question is how do you find one.

Maybe you should accept what has happened as a tragic event. Prosecute the guy if you can, but make your peace with the death of your cat and move on with your life.

Looking into resurrecting the dead is a pointless waste of your time and energy. Use them to better ends... dontgetit.gif

I do accept what has happened. I just want to celebrate his (late) birthday with him, then put him to rest. I couldn't prosecute him. I never found a bebe gun. He even let me search his house. po.gif He told me later that he had stolen the gun, and I told everyone in the neighborhood what had happened. (I knew it was him because he was a gun enthusiast.) They helped me drive him away, and he moved. If only I knew where. devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

Literally speaking, necromancy will not bring your dead cat, or any other dead being, back to life. Necromancy deals with the communication of the living with the dead. It was long believed that the dead possessed secret knowledge, could solve mysteries, answer questions, even tell the future. Though practices vary, the communication was usually conducted by summoning the spirit through a medium, always with the danger that the spirit conjured might not want to let go of the medium.

What you are probably more interested in is the vodu (voodoo) practice of zombie-ism, actually reanimating a corpse. This practice, however, produces nothing more than an automaton, not the fun, cuddly ball of fur you want to spend time with. Not only that, the reanimated corpse will continue to rot, smelling up the place and usually leaving bits of itself all over the place.

Now if you were to find a Voodoo priest and someone with a knowledge of Necromancy,and they combined their efforts, well then.... devil.gif

I heard a story about some woman whow as resurected 2 years after she died by a voodoo witch. its true, seriously. SHe was very stiff though and din't talk. But she moved about.

A good book on Voodoo is Jambalaya...forgot the authors name. Nice safe starter book. original.gif

Voodoo Priestess Luisah Teish is the author.

Yes, good starter book. Check out Carnival of the Spirit by the same author, too.

i've had a meal called jambalaya once. twas very tasty, with shrimp and other stuff.

For the love of God don't reesurect the cat!!! I did this once with my pet rat, it wasn't good now I can't kill the undead thing. It was all innocent and stuff but they still rot now he runs aroiund the heater vents stinking the place up and eating crumbs. He keeps dropping peices of him everywhere. The other day I found his "boys" in my shoe. Trust me you may think it will be nice but it isn't the rat has gotten evil too....I feel him watching me and waitig to make me his slave....Just don't do it ......

Oh, seaotter, don’t be silly. What would a zombie rat want with a slave? rolleyes.gif

I’m sure it just wants to eat your brains.

(hope it’s not real hungry…) tongue.gif

Am I the only rational mind here in this odd debate about reanimating corpses?

For God's sake, why are you all encouraging someone to persist in this mental anguish?

Leave the cat alone. It's dead. blink.gif

Edited by Loonboy

lol loonboy, ya seem so distraught about it too...

seriously though, he's right, it's dead, there's nothing you can do about it. sorry bucko.

I just wanted to celebrate his birthday. sad.gif Then I was going to put him to rest. If he can only be re-animated as a machine, then it's not worth it. *TheHand goes and cries himself to sleep, then buries his cat with his favorite dish and a can of his favorite cat food and all of his toys*

I not just saying that. I really buried him. In the backyard. Thanks though you guys. Here's da eulogy I wrote and spoke.

To Blackie:

He was a good cat. He was extemely frisky, and was almost never tired. He was a dirty old man, but a good cat, nonetheless. He had a good life; Blackie killed many birds and mice, and was even kind enough to always lay them on my face whenever I took a nap. Everlasting peace to thee, Blackie.

Mr/Ms/Mrs Mod(s), can we close this topic?

Edited by TheHand