Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Blizzard Raging on Saturn

thefinalfrontier

a storm so large and fierce NASA astronomers and amateur skywatchers can see it from Earth.

NASA's Cassini spacecraft currently orbiting Saturn has a front row seat to the otherworldly tempest and is recording the most detailed data yet of storms on the ringed planet. But amateur astronomers back on Earth have also managed to chip in on the Saturn blizzard stormwatch.

"We were so excited to get a heads-up from the amateurs," said Cassini scientist Gordon Bjoraker, a composite infrared spectrometer team member based at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thefinalfrontier

• J.B.

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure somebody from the AGW supporters club will read this. Question: Does this relate at all with what's going on earthside, or is it completely unrelated? Considering it's still fairly cold outside where I'm at in the U.S., rather than the usual start of a heatwave we've been having at about this time annually.

I'm sure somebody from the AGW supporters club will read this. Question: Does this relate at all with what's going on earthside, or is it completely unrelated? Considering it's still fairly cold outside where I'm at in the U.S., rather than the usual start of a heatwave we've been having at about this time annually.

I have my doubts about saturns weather having anything to do with earth weather as I believe each planet carries its own atmosphere and that is the deciding factor as to what the weather would be, Saturn just like jupiter has massive storms going on all over them, I cant remember which gas giant has winds over 1100 MPH but I think its Neptune, As for earth weather its been changing since I was a boy living in Michigan, Back in the 60s we used to get so much snow all the time but in recent years the winters have been much more mild with nowhere near the amount of snowfall, Now im in SC and its unusually cold here for this time of year but it does get warm during midday, I think EL'NINIO has something to with our weather right now,