Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can someone help me identify this?

trevytrev

It looks maybe like whatever it was, was being illuminated by the setting sun due to its altitude. Could have been just about anything really. Large balloon, plane (light reflection off window?).....

• Like 1

That's what I thought at first too but, the speed when I first saw it made me second guess myself. Thank you for the idea though, I'll have to keep my head up and see if I spot it again.

1.Large plane, no, due to speed and direction changes, unlike flight plan or path.

2.Balloon, no, too fast, speed and direction changes - really poor guess.

3.Reflection off window, no, two person witness, camera focus, may account for color changes? Still dealing with same object.

4.Drone, too large, acceleration rates possible, color changes?

Changing light intensities may be due to reflected light, but object has own light not consistent with landing or search lights.

Blue color changes consistent with UFO reports.

Likely to be genuine UFO craft sighting. Approximate size, 6 m wide, est top speed 2100 kph, average speed 900 kph. Use - carrier and maintenance of base equipment.

• Like 2

1.Large plane, no, due to speed and direction changes, unlike flight plan or path.

2.Balloon, no, too fast, speed and direction changes - really poor guess.

3.Reflection off window, no, two person witness, camera focus, may account for color changes? Still dealing with same object.

4.Drone, too large, acceleration rates possible, color changes?

Changing light intensities may be due to reflected light, but object has own light not consistent with landing or search lights.

Blue color changes consistent with UFO reports.

Likely to be genuine UFO craft sighting. Approximate size, 6 m wide, est top speed 2100 kph, average speed 900 kph. Use - carrier and maintenance of base equipment.

How do you figure the size and speed? Are they assumptions based on historical sightings?

EDIT: It looks toward the end of the video that the light passes in front of a tree in the distance. Therefore, I'm going to go with Drone also. Either with a blue light on it, or more likely the drone is colored blue.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

Thank you star hunter when I first saw "it" appear I knew it was something very odd. I have no video proof of that part so, my mouth stays shut about that part.

It looks maybe like whatever it was, was being illuminated by the setting sun due to its altitude.

I would say it was almost certainly lit by the setting sun. Trev, do you know if there is an airport in the direction of the object?

How do you figure the size and speed?

He guessed...

• Like 1

How do you figure the size and speed? Are they assumptions based on historical sightings?

EDIT: It looks toward the end of the video that the light passes in front of a tree in the distance. Therefore, I'm going to go with Drone also. Either with a blue light on it, or more likely the drone is colored blue.

I have seen two sightings identical to this one, long before the drones were developed.

IN this video, I did not see it disappear behind trees as you have pointed out, the height at that stage seems too low, so I can see your point, however, the object is considerably smaller than in the middle of the incidence, so it could be over the horizon as I have also seen.

At the time I saw a similar sight there were other reports from different areas of the city, and also a close fly over by someone I met two years later, who described the objects in detail.

It seems like it is about 20 to 30 km away. The color change is too strong for it to be a blue drone, and it seems to occur when the craft is receding from the camera, the blue lights are typically located at the base and rear of the craft.

Edited by Starhunter

Thank you star hunter when I first saw "it" appear I knew it was something very odd. I have no video proof of that part so, my mouth stays shut about that part.

Yes, I can relate to your initial reaction. One morning at about 530 am I stopped the car for what I thought was a very unusual intensity of a light about 30 km in the distance, which ended up doing odd things. I was able to verify the height and location by other reports talked about on radio that day.

I am an experienced sky observer as an amateur astronomer, and with airport/aircraft sightings due to my job.

Everything about the light when I first saw it did not add up, it wasn't a planet, yet bright as Venus, in the wrong part of the sky, and headed over a small airport, towards the Intl so I wondered what kind of plane it was, but the intensity of the light did not change in relation to the increasing light of the sun, where it was heading, etc. If it was a satellite it had its own light. Then it developed a blue light at the base, and split into two identical white lights, with the blue in between, then the lower white light, flew away at equal speed, down to earth on a curved flight towards an Island which has been off limits by an exclusion zone to any vessels, including the local fishers for years, under the pretext of it belonging to the Dept of Fisheries, as a conservation zone. Armed guards patrolled the Island 24/7. ? I'm sure the local fish appreciated this concern for them.

Thanks for sharing! Based on you're experience and prior sighting I have some reassurance that what I saw was at the very least unknown.

I don't blame your reactions to this, trevytrev. That does look freaky at first. What makes that turn blue like that? Seriously, if anyone knows, I'd like to know. It's a pretty blue.

You know, with there being drones now, what is the difference? I'm not an expert on drones, so I don't know what shape, size, color, and lights drones are. And there are military drones and toy drones. Could this be a toy drone? I couldn't tell with the distance. I would think there would be more UFO sightings now that we have drones.

It simply is not possible to determine the distance to the object from a single video. That is a basic concept. Color change is also a non-issue. That probably tells us more about the video system than the object being filmed.

The video shows little other than a light in motion. It does show multiple change sin direction if I recall properly. To me it suggests a plane or helicopter. There isn't enough information in the video to say much else.

Was there an airport in that direction or around the vicinity? If so, possibly a plane positioning itself to land.

Sure, those colors the camera can produce, but what about the comments of the observers?

I'm not sure about the toy model idea, because of the area covered, the distance from the camera, judged at least by the distant objects, and mainly because to control such a model requires a lot of movements which would cause the constant light, if it had one, to be interrupted by the wings or tail.

It is too steady for a toy, and would have to be at least a 2 m drone.

Edited by Starhunter

Was there an airport in that direction or around the vicinity? If so, possibly a plane positioning itself to land.

Then it would not have suddenly picked up speed and slowed etc. At one stage the acceleration was more than a pilot could handle, which gives the drone theory some credit.

Highly reflective surfaces, blue parts....yep. Steady light? no?

I can't say what the light is, but it reminded me when my own aircraft was misidentified as I approached Napa after passing over San Francisco. I left my landing light on that night for safety reasons.

• Like 1

Drops aren't that large or fast. When I first saw it I was driving and it was the size of a quarter and only a half mile or so above me. Drones are however a large new surge in false ufos. Thank you for watching.

I truly wished it was a private plane, I really truly did. Yet, it's just not possible. Thank you still for trying to help, seriously thank you.

you guys seem to have forgotten one aircraft it could be, that could look as if it had made the turn, a chopper.

It did seem to exhibit some sharp maneuvers and appeared to change color and descend to the ground.

I guess if one wanted to really attempt to find out more is to go out in the area where it was spotted and

ask people that live out there if they saw anything unusal in the sky that evening.

• Like 1