Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russian Nazca lines discovered

Big Bad Voodoo

http://www.livescience.com/23910-russian-nazca-lines-discovered.html

A huge geoglyph in the shape of an elk or deer discovered in Russia may predate Peru's famous Nazca Lines by thousands of years.

The animal-shaped stone structure, located near Lake Zjuratkul in the Ural Mountains, north of Kazakhstan, has an elongated muzzle, four legs and two antlers.

The style of stone-working called lithic chipping used on one artifact dates it to the Neolithic and Eneolithic (sixth to third millennia B.C.), though Grigoriev says the technology is more typical of the Eneolithic, between the fourth and third millennia B.C.

If that date is correct, it would make the geoglyph far older than Peru's Nazca Lines, the very earliest of which were created around 500 B.C.

• Like 2

Wonder why they built this. Surely their time would of been better spent on survival.

Interesting thanks for posting.

Sorry Hasina I wasnt aware of them. I should use search button. But somehow I thought it would be in Ancient mysteries...I checked and I posted.

No worries, I wasn't aware of the first one either, lol. And my gosh, ancient mysteries should probably be the section it's in, another derp on me.

It would seem that many civilizations make similar shapes on the ground. Seemingly, too big to be of any use to people on the ground and yet, back in those days, they had no means of viewing them from above. Could they have been a signal for alien creature? Or perhaps angels descending from heaven?

Wonder why they built this. Surely their time would of been better spent on survival.

Interesting thanks for posting.

It was after they "discovered" vodka.

Probably just for something to do rather than sit around the fire listening to Og brag about his hunting prowess-again. Ritual theatre.

• Like 2

From what I've seen, they did not do a great job with this one. I can see where it kind of looks like a four-legged animal. I can also see where it could be something else.

• Like 1

It would seem that many civilizations make similar shapes on the ground. Seemingly, too big to be of any use to people on the ground and yet, back in those days, they had no means of viewing them from above. Could they have been a signal for alien creature? Or perhaps angels descending from heaven?

Especially for those with link-phobia:

Unlike the geoglyphs of Nasca which generated many myths, in the Urals we have a figure whose building can be explained from rational positions, though the figure certainly had a cultic character. Contour marking in this instance was not a serious problem, as the area is perfectly visible from the ridge of Zjuratkul. In the long term, a research programme, which should include excavation, remote-sensing and natural-science analyses (radiocarbon and luminescence dating, palynological and petrographic analyses) will be necessary to define more precisely our figure, its components and its date.

http://www.antiquity.ac.uk/projgall/grigoriev331/

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=224957

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235741entry4499460

• Like 1

I'm looking at it and it kinda just looks like wiggly lines to me. More of an ancient Russian fail to me.....yeah I get that they couldn't see it from the air. But neither could the builders in Peru...and theirs didn't suck on such an epic level.

I'm looking at it and it kinda just looks like wiggly lines to me. More of an ancient Russian fail to me.....yeah I get that they couldn't see it from the air. But neither could the builders in Peru...and theirs didn't suck on such an epic level.

Or those in Nasca actually they could see from air.

Oh yes...because the aliens let them up in their spaceships, right? :huh:

Maybe they knew how to made baloon or glider?

• Like 1

Maybe they knew how to made baloon or glider?

Except that no archaeological evidence has ever been found to support any claim that they knew how to make balloons or gliders.

Except that no archaeological evidence has ever been found to support any claim that they knew how to make balloons or gliders.

Even if they could fly...how would it help them?

They could observe the area, but how would they transfer that to locating the diagram on the ground?

The would need to take photos at a minimum, and even that wouldn't help unless there were reference points on the ground to correlate. Many of these areas are barren, rocky wastelands without so much as a tree for a reference point.

I think they just drew them as they are using some method we haven't thought of. There's a lot can be done by just driving a stake into the ground and attaching a length of rope to it for example. Or pacing out distance. Or measuring off longer distances with lengths of rope. Crop circles are an example of these methods.

Edited by synchronomy

Or those in Nasca actually they could see from air.

The third paragraph in the article says the elk, or deer, could be viewed from a nearby ridge. They could have sent instructions back to the workers on the ground. No big mystery here.

If you're partial to a wee hallucinogenic drug now and again, you don't need wings, gliders or balloons to fly.

But are you aware that todays theory of Nasca lines are based on pure speculation?

So if they could speculate so I can too. And many others. There is no explaination for Nasca lines whatsoever.

We asumed that Nascars made it but thats it.

If you're partial to a wee hallucinogenic drug now and again, you don't need wings, gliders or balloons to fly.

Or if you can astral travel. :tu:

• Like 1

I recently also read a little on the Map stones found in russia,God's Blueprints they were termed.Maybe these pictures drawn on the Earth can be God's diagrams before creating life. :yes:

I recently also read a little on the Map stones found in russia,God's Blueprints they were termed.Maybe these pictures drawn on the Earth can be God's diagrams before creating life. :yes:

God should go back to night-school then. His Engineering Drawing skills are crap. (no offence, God)

• Like 1

God should go back to night-school then. His Engineering Drawing skills are crap. (no offence, God)

Not that bad actually,children draw like this and we still appreciate their art.

Not that bad actually,children draw like this and we still appreciate their art.

Aye... but God ain't a child, allegedly. Maybe it was his "abstract" period? (only kiddin, Harsh)

• Like 1

Even if they could fly...how would it help them?

They could observe the area, but how would they transfer that to locating the diagram on the ground?

The would need to take photos at a minimum, and even that wouldn't help unless there were reference points on the ground to correlate. Many of these areas are barren, rocky wastelands without so much as a tree for a reference point.

I think they just drew them as they are using some method we haven't thought of. There's a lot can be done by just driving a stake into the ground and attaching a length of rope to it for example. Or pacing out distance. Or measuring off longer distances with lengths of rope. Crop circles are an example of these methods.

I agree. They made these from the ground, with no real ability to see the big picture, at least as we are able to from the air. They didn't need to fly to make the drawings. With very simple math one can work out things like proportions and scale something up - from there it would jsut be a matter of using whatever they had as a unit of measurement.

My comment was directed mostly at wild speculation that they could see the whole thing from the air when there is no evidence that they had any ability to fly. And a thinly veiled jab (in my post previous to the one you quoted) at those who theorize that the Nazca lines had something to do with signalling alien life. I can be kind of an ass sometimes. Too late to go back and remove the post now.