Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 11 votes

Was Jesus an Annunaki?

• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#991    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,702 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

http://www.sitchinis...humu/shumu.html

Harsh, just because you dont subscribe to Heiser, dont be prejudiced.

Watch the video first.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#992    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 April 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

http://www.sitchinis...humu/shumu.html

Harsh, just because you dont subscribe to Heiser, dont be prejudiced.

Watch the video first.
Have watched the video. But Spartan know this that Sitchin's version is not wrong persay. Heiser is giving his point of view,when these ancient cuneiform texts are being translated it is very difficult to narrow down on the context, and it becomes a matter of personal opinion in most cases especially when the culture has not survived till today in any way or form.
Am not prejudiced against Heiser, but he sure is prejudiced against Sitchin and so taking his opinion about Sitchin will not be fair.

Edited by Harsh86_Patel, 05 April 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#993    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,827 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 05 April 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Are you ultimately gullible,please read the link you posted. He concludes this saying is false because it was transmitted by oral tradition.The author seems like a retard of some sort and also a academic.
No, it is you that seems a retard.  The author says no such thing.

In fact, he clearly states that everything from the Buddha is an oral trandition, and the Buddha could not have possibly stated, regarding spiritual admonishments, that you shouldn't believe anything "you read," because, at the time, all spiritual teachings were transmitted orally:

Incidentally, the “no matter where you read it” is an anachronism, since spiritual teachings were orally transmitted at the time of the Buddha.
(From your own link.)

Do you know what "anachronism" means?

However, your post is a perfect example why the Buddha quote, albeit a fake one, is good advice at any rate.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#994    Harte

Harte

• 8,827 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 05 April 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

Have watched the video. But Spartan know this that Sitchin's version is not wrong persay.
Sitchin's version is not only wrong, it is fabricated.

Or, if you think otherwise, please quote and link to any ancient Sumerian, Babylonian, Akkadian or Assyrian text that tells us that the Anunna gods tired of digging their own gold.  Or were digging for gold at all, or even wanted any gold, or that humans were made (or forced) to dig in gold mines.

And that's just one example of a complete fabrication.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#995    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,748 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postconspiracy buff, on 05 April 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

1}The most logical theory is that Jesus Christ was simply an ambassador of God sent to Earth to do exactly what the bible says he did.  

In what way is this "the most logical theory"? I grant you it's /a/ theory, but in what way is the most logicial one? (Especially confronted with the theory that Jesus was just a particularly thoughtful, normal human being around whom many supernatural legends accreted?)

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 05 April 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Are you ultimately gullible,please read the link you posted. He concludes this saying is false because it was transmitted by oral tradition.The author seems like a retard of some sort and also a academic.
Not only Buddha but various other prominent religious figures have highlighted the same saying though in different words....where they implore everyone to use their own intellect and reasoning before accepting information.
The link you posted is a Fake.

You seem to conveniently ignore the part where the Buddha never said what you said he did, which was my point. The fact you get as crabby as a thwarted three-year-old when this is pointed out does not negate that. Perhaps you should follow a three-year-old's example and take a nap when you get so cranky. :)

That bridge offer is still totally on the table, you know. Cheap at $25,000.

--Jaylemurph

Edited by jaylemurph, 05 April 2013 - 07:30 PM.

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#996    Harte

Harte

• 8,827 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

View Postjaylemurph, on 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

--Jaylemurph

Can I get that with a hunk of ham?

Harte

#997    jaylemurph

jaylemurph

Lector Historiae

• 8,748 posts

• "You can lead a whore to culture, but you can't make him think." Dorothy Parker

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostHarte, on 05 April 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Can I get that with a hunk of ham?

Harte

That offer is juuust for Harsh.

--Jaylemurph

"... amongst the most obstinate of our opinions may be classed those which derive from discussions in which we affect to search for the truth, while in reality we are only fortifying prejudice."     -- James Fenimore Cooper, The Pathfinder

Posted Image

Deeply venial

#998    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:17 PM

Woah Jaylemurph, maybe it's just me  but it's been a while since I have seen you post!  Glad to see you are still around heh always a good read.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#999    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,702 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 05 April 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

Woah Jaylemurph, maybe it's just me  but it's been a while since I have seen you post!  Glad to see you are still around heh always a good read.

Even me. I was shocked to see him back!!

edit to add :  i have a deep suspicion that he made a pact with ol' satan for a pass to over here.

Edited by The_Spartan, 05 April 2013 - 09:29 PM.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#1000    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 05 April 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Even me. I was shocked to see him back!!

edit to add :  i have a deep suspicion that he made a pact with ol' satan for a pass to over here.

Naaaah not Satan, but rather his basset overlords......or something.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#1001    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Telekinetic

• 7,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

View PostTheSearcher, on 08 April 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

Naaaah not Satan, but rather his basset overlords......or something.

Definitely the Basset Overlords. My theory is that they abducted him so they'd have someone to clean out their water bowls. We lowly humans are well suited for that sort of task. The Overlords have better things to do.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!

#1002    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostHarte, on 05 April 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

No, it is you that seems a retard.  The author says no such thing.

In fact, he clearly states that everything from the Buddha is an oral trandition, and the Buddha could not have possibly stated, regarding spiritual admonishments, that you shouldn't believe anything "you read," because, at the time, all spiritual teachings were transmitted orally:

(From your own link.)

Do you know what "anachronism" means?

However, your post is a perfect example why the Buddha quote, albeit a fake one, is good advice at any rate.

Harte
Once again a retarded argument. Just because oral transmission/recitation or 'Smriti' was the preferred method of propagation from master to student especially for religious knowledge doesn't mean writing was not an alternative. The oral tradition existed so that the knowledge was preserved in the minds of the people,which is a very secure way to preserve it,whereas writing can be manipulated or altered according to the copiers whims and fancies, hence it makes it more pertinent for Buddha to have said that do not believe anything that is written blindly.
"Hearing from the horses mouth" does it wring a bell, the oral tradition or "Smriti" had the same motive as an alternative to writing,which was considered a more error prone practice as compared to the oral tradition.
That is the problem,when you try to oversimplify things and dismiss them. I also gave example of other religious and historic figures who have focused in their message 'the importance of using one's own brains and reasoning before accepting any data' so it wouldn't be very difficult to attribute this saying to Buddha as well.

#1003    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostHarte, on 05 April 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

Sitchin's version is not only wrong, it is fabricated.

Or, if you think otherwise, please quote and link to any ancient Sumerian, Babylonian, Akkadian or Assyrian text that tells us that the Anunna gods tired of digging their own gold.  Or were digging for gold at all, or even wanted any gold, or that humans were made (or forced) to dig in gold mines.

And that's just one example of a complete fabrication.

Harte
Fabrication or more like personal interpretations? Just like interpreting any other ancient text, including Egyptian heiroglyphs. Sitchin put forward his own interpretations of the text and the akkadian,summerian libraries are full of interpretations of their own of the same lost ancient culture. Sitchin's suggestions may have a connection to the ancient gold mines in Africa. Also have you never wondered why we still are so crazy about the yellow metal?

It was Sitchin's suggestion and not any fabrication,please quote Sitchin saying that this particular event of annuna digging gold etc has been verbatim described in any of these ancient texts. He is putting a proposition that he believes,wouldn't call it a fabrication of any sort.

#1004    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:39 AM

View Postjaylemurph, on 05 April 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

In what way is this "the most logical theory"? I grant you it's /a/ theory, but in what way is the most logicial one? (Especially confronted with the theory that Jesus was just a particularly thoughtful, normal human being around whom many supernatural legends accreted?)

You seem to conveniently ignore the part where the Buddha never said what you said he did, which was my point. The fact you get as crabby as a thwarted three-year-old when this is pointed out does not negate that. Perhaps you should follow a three-year-old's example and take a nap when you get so cranky. :)

--Jaylemurph
And who says Buddha didn't say it, his reasoning is retarded,refer to my answer to Harte on the same.

#1005    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

"Was Jesus the Easter Bunny?" makes as much sense as the title question.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users