Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Online ouija boards.

Fatal

I know this question is kinda stupid so dont go telling me it is cuz i alreay know. but anyway, has anyone ever tried these online ouija boards? if so have they ever worked for you?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paranormalcy

• Hamlyn

• not.here

• Agent. Mulder

I tried, but this was the best I got. I blame the trackpad.

IPB Image\

Not a stupid question at all. I could never figure out how to use a uoija board, online or off, but I tried an online one once guess it would work just as good as any other one.

No such thing as stupids quesions... only stupid people. :tu:

And I tend to stay away from ouija boards, don't like messing with that stuff.

My mouse pad is an Ouijia board, never had any luck with Ouijia boards of any type. :rolleyes:

Someone with a bit too much free time created a ouija board online.

Don't tell me that he put a spell on it or whatever.

So yeah, I don't believe in that stuff, especially not the online version.

It was probably made with Flash. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't hold much faith in a online Ouija Board ;) Most of them are computer generated.

I wouldn't hold much faith in a online Ouija Board ;) Most of them are computer generated.

I'd venture to say all of them are computer-generated.

• Like 1

My mouse pad is an Ouijia board, never had any luck with Ouijia boards of any type. :rolleyes:

A ouija board mouse pad? That's awesome. I wonder if they make pendulum scrying mouse pads too. "Hold on, I need to consult my mousepad..."

There's already been a recent thread about these. I tried one once and it was an unenlightening experience. It did inform me that I was going to die within the next 12 months however.

There's already been a recent thread about these. I tried one once and it was an unenlightening experience. It did inform me that I was going to die within the next 12 months however.

You're pretty spry for a corpse. ;)

• 2 years later...

Not dead yet.

Perhaps not... but lets get a stick and beat it to death......

What she said.

BUT, who really "knows"?

Spirits have been known to manipulate computers in the past, but altering a pre-set code seems improbable.

I tried one, I asked it if online Ouijas worked..

It said 'no'.

I tried three others and asked the same question.

Two said 'no' and one (the last) planchette just wibbled a bit and that was that.

I once thumped my keyboard in anger because I had writers block, and one word came out: lord....

Freaked me out a bit....

But didn't change my religious views. Have tried to do it again (I thumped it just once, in the center) but haven't been able to.

Instead of using online Ouija to 'contact ghosts' perhaps just opening up word or notepad and inviting something to type on it (you leave the room and lock it down, not a spirit using word though you) rather than relying on a random answer generator.

I'm on the fence as far as Ouija goes. I have had some experiences with them, but need to analyze and study them further. Before I claim them as spirit contact.

Perhaps further experimentation too.

I've used a few online ones. They all seemed completly fake except for 1. The 1 that didn't seem fake seemed to always give different answers and was like talking to another person on msn or something, I'm not sure how it was programmed to do that (I don't think an online one could actually be real). Anyway I'll try and see if I can find it but this was years ago.

The Web Ouija was the only one with a field to type questions, and is exactly what I was talking about, the worst kind of sham (if it were being presented as real), randomly generating preprogrammed responses based on the structure and keywords of the question - ask it anything with "if", "did", "should", "will" is likely to give you a Y/N answer, other words will weight the response to subroutines closely associated with them, such as "when" and "how many" will likely give you numbers, etc. It gave me nothing but nonsense just now, I asked it what kind of car I should get and it spelled out "OCONDITION".

The only one CLOSE I've seen to having the potential to operate as a normal board was a supposed multi-user board that each user would operate using their mouse as the pointer, and their independent movements would be compiled into an extrapolated movement on a shared virtual board.

So basically, they don't really work without a real planchette? That makes sense to me, though a mouse is somewhat similar.

http://www.brainjar.com/dhtml/ouija/index.html

see if it works. didnt for me. especially cause this didnt make sense to me "Then hold your mouse lightly on the pointer and follow it as your answer is revealed" :blink:

or this site

http://www.witchboard.com/online-witchboard/

didnt work. go figure. just like a real one. maybe the spirits arent that Up to Date with our tech.

The Ouija board is just a toy... there is no credible proof whatsoever that it works as a "radio" to the other side.

Its a computer generated one as is I dont believe in them

technology is always at its peak but sometimes they are a non-reality race

Thanks

B???

These online ones, you put your mouse cursor arrow on the planchette/pointer and left click and hold, the pointer will start to move - keep the button held down and move the mouse with it, and it will go to different letters etc.

Still total preselected phrases.