Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Having a hot temper is 'good for your health'

Still Waters

Hot-tempered Italians and Spanish live nearly two years longer than the ‘stiff-upper lip’ English, researchers claim.

Scientists found that being fiery and expressing negative emotions is the key to long-lasting good health.

In contrast, the British characteristic of self-restraint can have serious repercussions for physical and mental well-being.

http://www.dailymail...years-life.html

I would think that depends on how the hot temper manifests itself and if there's other people around at the time.

• Like 1

letting your emotions out it always healthy

• Like 3

If that's it, then Greeks should live up to 400 years!!! :lol:

Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 1

Yeah but I wonder how many friends a hot tempered person has?

• Like 3

I use to hold back but I don't anymore. Really don't help if you are holding back.

Lol not in some of the places I lived, hot temper is a good way to get yourself a trip to the hospital, prison or even killed. Pretty much balances out that two years difference if you ask me.

Trying to find the actual study because the article seems a tad bit wrong (well over exaggerated)

Edited by Jinxdom
  • Like 1

Hot-tempered Italians and Spanish live nearly two years longer than the ‘stiff-upper lip’ English, researchers claim.

Scientists found that being fiery and expressing negative emotions is the key to long-lasting good health.

In contrast, the British characteristic of self-restraint can have serious repercussions for physical and mental well-being.

I would think that depends on how the hot temper manifests itself and if there's other people around at the time.

IMO: the Italians and Spanish probably eat healthier, leading to their 'nearly two years' longer lifespan. (I've eaten English cuisine.)

BTW: Expressing your temper is just that, expressing your temper. It's also known as being a dick. I eat the bad feelings that I have, regurgitate them, then deal with them at a later date, when I'm calm, cool and collected. :)

Edit: In case you're curious, or care, I'm a Canadian. :)

Edited by Likely Guy

Lol not in some of the places I lived, hot temper is a good way to get yourself a trip to the hospital, prison or even killed. Pretty much balances out that two years difference if you ask me.

Trying to find the actual study because the article seems a tad bit wrong (well over exaggerated)

Yeah Iv lived in neighborhoods where it was kind of the same situation you describe and its better to just keep you mouth shut.

They need to do a study on two different groups. One group that uses the shot gun approach to anger, the other, those who use their anger to speak and get things done.

Peace

Mark

Unless you want to let your emotions loose by shooting up a school or a mall Somehow I don''t think they'll be living for very long after that.

Passive agression is often taught when young, then they explode over time. That is not healthy, neither is shot gun approach to anger (as mark stated above), when everyone gets it, but speaking out when angry is healthy, as long as it deals with a certain situation. If not, stress only builds....I speak from experience.

doug

Edited by dougeaton

IMO: the Italians and Spanish probably eat healthier, leading to their 'nearly two years' longer lifespan. (I've eaten English cuisine.)

BTW: Expressing your temper is just that, expressing your temper. It's also known as being a dick. I eat the bad feelings that I have, regurgitate them, then deal with them at a later date, when I'm calm, cool and collected. :)

Edit: In case you're curious, or care, I'm a Canadian. :)

Canadian, well that says it all. Don't you guys all die at 40 or something like that? :gun:

Even better!

I shall live another 4,000 years.

I hope you bath, otherwise we will have to kill you.

doug

I'm choosing to laugh at this, in a good way. Seriously, it's the Spanish romance that keeps us fresh.

I think its good to express your temper in private.

If you can actually get any privacy that is.

letting your emotions out it always healthy

Learning to control them is even healtier

The ironic thing is, it says it can benefit the angry person to let it out, but what about the poor sods who have to put up with the temper tantrums. Do a study on that life expectancy please. And on empaths too please. :innocent:

• Like 1