Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

The Walking Dead (TV Series)

• Please log in to reply
1149 replies to this topic

#841    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,245 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 05 April 2013 - 05:50 AM, said:

While I see the comparison, I don't think it's valid.  Withholding aid may or may not lead to someone's death (in this case the guy died).  Pulling a trigger will definitely cause someone's death.

I maintain my point, would we be agreeing with the actions if it was the Governor who killed Carl?  Let's say Carl ran straight into him, was surrendering his gun, and the Governor just shot him?  Certainly Rick wouldn't agree with the action.  I wouldn't agree with it either.  Though in saying that I don't agree with it, I do understand Carl's motives.  I think he made the wrong choice, but I understand why he made it.

On a similar, but unrelated note, I get the impression from the final moments of the episode that

Spoiler

No,I think leaving an unarmed person to fend for themself with walkers everywhere ,assures death just as a bullet does,its just a slower more passive way to do it.
If anything ,its more cruel than one shot to the head .

Miss me?

#842    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,552 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 06 April 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

No,I think leaving an unarmed person to fend for themself with walkers everywhere ,assures death just as a bullet does,its just a slower more passive way to do it.
If anything ,its more cruel than one shot to the head .
And yet Micchone survived alone for many months, of course she had a couple of Walkers as pets, which not everyone will think of.  But still, I disagree with you.  Unless you run across a herd, you can survive alone - the fact that he was there is proof that you can survive.  He'd been surviving for months and months, it was just bad luck (or bad scriptwriting) that he died virtually the same day that Rick ignored him.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#843    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,035 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

What really sucks is it isn't on tonight and won't be for months,  Thankfully, we have TGOT's to fall back on.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#844    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostMerc14, on 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

What really sucks is it isn't on tonight and won't be for months,  Thankfully, we have TGOT's to fall back on.

And the new season of Madmen! After which is the new season of Breaking Bad!

#845    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

I watched the first episode again last night, and a question occurred to me.  Perhaps I've forgotten an explanation somewhere.

Why were some dead bodies not reanimated?  Rick saw a woman in the hospital who had been picked over, but the brain looked intact.  I recall several instances from this season where walkers were eating from unanimated bodies.  The "bicycle walker" in the first episode was only half a corpse, yet it still moved.  So, what is the difference?

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#846    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

View PostMerc14, on 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

It's just sunk in to me...

I was thinking how good tomorrows viewing will be, TWD & GoT.

Posted Image

#847    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,035 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostJ. K., on 07 April 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I watched the first episode again last night, and a question occurred to me.  Perhaps I've forgotten an explanation somewhere.

Why were some dead bodies not reanimated?  Rick saw a woman in the hospital who had been picked over, but the brain looked intact.  I recall several instances from this season where walkers were eating from unanimated bodies.  The "bicycle walker" in the first episode was only half a corpse, yet it still moved.  So, what is the difference?

Maybe someone who has read the comics can answer. I have an idea but I think there is an answer already.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#848    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostChewiesArmy, on 06 April 2013 - 02:56 AM, said:

Another thing to think about, is how Carl views the world compared to Rick, Herschel, and the rest of the adults. Rick is a lot older and his values are set from more experience as a human living in a safe, sophisticated world. So when all of this happens, he still has his "good" values based on past morals, where as Carl is young and very impressionable. His values were rocked. He went from a secure world where daddy protects to a now kill or be killed world. His value of life is different than his elders.

Look and the lovable :rolleyes: Andrea. She had the chance to kill the Gov but she couldn't. She wasn't a murderer before the outbreak and she wasn't one after, even after she regularly killed walkers. Like Rick, her values were set from a different time and couldn't change enough even if the world around her went to hell.

Imagine what baby Judith would be like being raised in this world. I would think she would value life more, but maybe killing walkers desensitizes people?

I brought this up a couple of pages back,i agree 100%!Different world and one growing up in this new world will adapt or die,this is a SURVIVAL horror show.As humans we started out with instincts to survive,feelings came later on.

This sucks no show tonight  <_< I hate waiting haha

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#849    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,035 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

Kirkman gives a twp part interview starting here.  Enjoy!:

http://blogs.amctv.c...-fan-chat-i.php

Plus a look ahead at Season 4

http://www.amctv.com...he-walking-dead

Edited by Merc14, 08 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#850    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

In that interview with Kirkman, he says that we will see The Governor "in a whole new light".
I can't really see Phillip becoming a "good guy", so, I wonder what he meant by that!!!

#851    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'll read your links next time I come on Merc. i just needed some fun thinking after reading a disgusting thread ( in terms of members behaviour) in the crypto section.

Anyway I've fully converted to 'he may the smelliest and dirtiest but all the ladies want to do him... Daryl Dixon' lol!

To that point who else has watched The Boondock Saints 1 & 2?  William Defoe in the first movie was fabulous.

Posted Image

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#852    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostTia, on 12 April 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

I'll read your links next time I come on Merc. i just needed some fun thinking after reading a disgusting thread ( in terms of members behaviour) in the crypto section.

Anyway I've fully converted to 'he may the smelliest and dirtiest but all the ladies want to do him... Daryl Dixon' lol!

To that point who else has watched The Boondock Saints 1 & 2?  William Defoe in the first movie was fabulous.

Posted Image

You gotta love Daryl, he is a legend and becoming a real team player also,

I just jope the writers don't thorw us a curve ball and kill him off next season.

Posted Image

#853    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:55 AM

I think Daryl would be one of the most popular characters on the show and while I know they have to keep us in suspense with characters deaths but if they leave us with only characters we can't connect to it would eventually lead to the shows death.

By the comics the Gov should be dead but he's actually popular as well so that may be one of the reasons they've kept him still alive.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#854    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postxsas, on 13 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

You gotta love Daryl, he is a legend and becoming a real team player also,

I just jope the writers don't thorw us a curve ball and kill him off next season.

Daryl got his own game as well. Very popular.

Shame the game was a bit disappointing. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#855    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,272 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Coffey, what's the first game like? I don't normally play anything but karaoke on the xbox, but I've been told the first one is all about thinking and making decisions on the spot.

Problem is it's been sold out everywhere here for over a month and I'm getting a bit p**d that they haven't got new stock in yet.

I wouldn't think I'd be the sort to worry about a game lol.

HEY I WON!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users