Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coma patient wakes up speaking French

UM-Bot

A car accident also left barber Rory Curtis believing that he was Hollywood actor Matthew McConaughey.

Curtis suffered horrific injuries when his car collided with a lorry in torrential rain and it took firefighters 40 minutes to cut him free. He was rushed to hospital and fell in to a coma in which he remained for six days while doctors battled to save his life.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/276109/coma-patient-wakes-up-speaking-french

• Like 2

Note to Self: Start a company that affords people the ability to fluently speak other languages by minor exposure to said language, then engage the student in a horrific car crash.

OK, maybe not.

• Like 2

Il y a des cas très bizzare de Xénoglossie qui devraient attiré d'avantage l'attention des chercheurs.

There are some very strange cases of Xenoglossia which should draw more attention from the scientific community. I mean this is something quite baffling, how can someone suddenly wake up and speak fluently in a foreign tongue in which he had little exposure to? Carl Jung thought that we have actually more than one personality, there is the 'Personality #1', in full control in the driver's seat but then there are the other ones only waiting for an opportunity to surface. In light of authentifcated cases of xenoglossia, I think that this kind of idea makes a lot of sens.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 2

Pierre, the hospital night porter has been suspiciously absent during the media coverage...

french-person.jpg

Joking aside, cases such as this are intriguing and definitely warrant further study.

• Like 2

Il y a des cas très bizzare de Xénoglossie qui devraient attiré d'avantage l'attention des chercheurs.

You were recently involved in a massive car crash... fess-up, we don't judge.

• Like 1

Of all the people in the world, he chose to believe he was Matthew McConaughey.... I like Matthew, but he is kind of "out there", I mean he really is a weirdo. I just don't know.

Any of you guys ever see "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation" from 1994? McConaughey played the patriarch of the new family that replaced the Sawyers. Well, maybe I guess you'd say he was more of the "alpha male" of the family. Anyway, he did a great job playing a wacked out psycho, but it was still the worst TCM film ever made. It was even more odd to see Renee Zellweger playing opposite him as the primary victim/"good guy".

• Like 1

Of all the people in the world, he chose to believe he was Matthew McConaughey.... I like Matthew, but he is kind of "out there", I mean he really is a weirdo. I just don't know.

Any of you guys ever see "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation" from 1994? McConaughey played the patriarch of the new family that replaced the Sawyers. Well, maybe I guess you'd say he was more of the "alpha male" of the family. Anyway, he did a great job playing a wacked out psycho, but it was still the worst TCM film ever made. It was even more odd to see Renee Zellweger playing opposite him as the primary victim/"good guy".

Don't be nice about it.

He is a giant douche who thinks that he is the coolest person ever to live, and I hope a stripper bites his..... ok maybe be a little nice about it.

Interesting. In my dreams sometimes I can speak fluent spanish even though when I'm awake I can barely form sentences and have a very limited vocabulary. In Southern California I was exposed to spanish quite a bit, but I never learned to converse in it with more than crudely formed phrases. I've often wondered how cool it would be to wake up from a dream and be able to do what I was doing just a few seconds before without effort.

I wonder if I can learn, say, quantum physics, through this head-banging moment.

Kinda brings new meaning to "knock some sense into you" :passifier:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if I can learn, say, quantum physics, through this head-banging moment.

Kinda brings new meaning to "knock some sense into you" :passifier:

There really needs to be some serious scientific study on which parts of the head need to be banged to get these kind of results, if I knew I would be banging heads around me all day.

• Like 1