Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mexican mother gouged out 5-year-old's eyes

crime mother son wtf disturbing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    RockabyeBillie

RockabyeBillie

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

• And a million baneful words couldn't bring me to my knees.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:02 AM

MEXICO CITY - A five-year-old Mexican boy whose eyes were allegedly gouged out by his mother as part of a drug-fueled ritual "to save the world" is expected to live, but has been left completely blind, health authorities said Friday.

The boy, identified by authorities only as Fernando, was taken to a hospital in Mexico City after police discovered the mother clutching her eyeless son at a home in the working-class suburb of Nezahualcoyotl early Thursday.
The Mexico City Health Department said the boy lost both eyes and was suffering some leakage of cerebral fluid. He was in intensive care and was listed in guarded condition, but doctors said in a statement that such leakage normally stops by itself and that no brain surgery is planned at the moment.

The chief prosecutor for Mexico state, where Nezahualcoyotl is located, said the boy's mother had apparently urged others to help her mutilate her son in order "to prevent an earthquake and save the world."

Full Story:
http://www.vancouver...0131/story.html

WTF? Who does this? I just don't understand how people think!

Posted Image

Whether you think you can or whether you think you cant, you're right! -Henry Ford

#2    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,855 posts

• I am becoming increasing allergic to B.S

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

This is what religion does to people. It robs them of any vestige of the ability to actually think.
Now this poor boy will be blind forever all because dear old mum and her superstitious friends believed that mutilating a helpless child is going to "save" them.

I feel like puking now.

WTF? Who does this? I just don't understand how people think!

That's just the problem, most don't think and this is why horrific stuff like this happens.
I hope she spends a great deal of time in jail.

Edited by Ryu, 26 May 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,061 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:32 AM

Horrifying doesn't even begin to cover it, I have no words just impotent anger at this completely stupid woman.  For the record this is about drugs and delusions of grandeur aka: thinking that saving the world or stopping an earthquake is something one has the personal capacity to manage - that the saviour and hero is oneself.

it's not about "religion" per se - not in the generalised sense of holding all religions accountable for this kind of act, that is going way too far.

Of course, beliefs in rituals are certainly religious and there are those fringe preachers/wizards et al that use belief to brainwash the sense out of people - that is true and a travesty to those who fall under their misbegotten power over the thoughts and beliefs of others - but these are the minority, if it was common it would not be headline news it would a part of everyday life.

In the final analysis con artists and self agrandising psychopaths practice their skill in every walk of life, religion is hardly going to be the exception but that does not make all religious teachings the result of these influences just another victim of them.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Princess Tumbleweed

Princess Tumbleweed

Poltergeist

• 2,362 posts

• "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained" Mark Twain

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

Eye for an eye, Will not be surprised if they rip the mothers eyes out in jail, she will be wishing for death. It's a horrific event that was drug induced. I'm sure the mother has mental issues along with drug addiction. My heart is in pain for that poor baby who is now blind from this demented situation.

The Mighty oak was once a little nut that stood its ground

Posted Image

#5    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,139 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:55 AM

I just have no words to say in response to this. Bless that child. I do hope he isn't returned to anyone near the mother who did this to him.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#6    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Naked Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

• Mercy is a more complete observance

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

I dont think you can blame religion or anyone else than the mother herself for doing this. I think there's something seriously wrong with you in the first place if you can't think and feel on your own this much and set your own limits.

This sounds like the mother numbed herself with whatever she could get her hands on and didn't see through the pain to sense and think for herself. Numbing is about escaping from the parts of reality you don't wanna face.

Can you imagine? Can you choose?

#7    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

The topic title says it all.  The woman is obviously insane.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#8    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,855 posts

• I am becoming increasing allergic to B.S

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostMikko-kun, on 26 May 2012 - 08:28 AM, said:

I dont think you can blame religion or anyone else than the mother herself for doing this.

Actually there are others to be blamed, the ones she talked into doing this in the first place.
If the other adults had any brains then they would have done something but they were just as brainwashed as the mother.

She does not deserve to have her boy back.

#9    kitty81

kitty81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 108 posts

• you never know.. >'.'<

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:25 PM

mental illness is a terrible infliction. it eats you up inside. i feel for the boy, bless him an i hope he never returns.. but i feel for the mother too. i hope she gets the help she needs.

Kitty >'.'<

#10    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,353 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

So sad, but I'm glad he was discovered before anything worse happened.

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#11    Varelse

Varelse

Unanimous Animous

• 1,273 posts

• The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles upon which it was founded. -Montesquieu

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Sometimes religion is a scapegoat for psychos after they get caught.

Ed Norton played a character like this in a movie where he was on trial for killing a priest(can't remember name).

If she was driven mad by religion/sky daddy she's still highly rare for any religion. Usually something else snaps in these people's live's before the "redruM! jee-zuz sayin you a devil" kicks in.

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

#12    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

" Maria del Carmen Rios, 28, reportedly told the boy to close his eyes and when he refused, she decided to gouge them out "to clean them."

It's crazy how that can even go through someones mind, Whether drugs or mental illness are involved or not.

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

Also tagged with crime, mother, son, wtf, disturbing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users