Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What is it about mid april?

Jeremiah65

I was thinking something along these lines yesterday and then I stumbled across this article on Yahoo news this morning.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/boston-marathon-explosion--waco-raid--oklahoma-city-bombing-all-happened-in-april-133005577.html?vp=1

Is there something in the air in April that makes people flip a switch? Is it just hating tax time so much people just snap?

Waco

Oklahoma City

Columbine

Virginia Tech

Boston Marathon...

Just thought it was odd that over the last 20 years, people seem to lose it in mid April...

Ok, that being said, that doesn't address all the other tragedy timings...just a little nugget of useless trivia I suppose...I tell my wife "I am a virtual warehouse of useless information"....

What's your thought folks? Is there something in the air that whacks people out come spring time?

Waco technically started in February. :P As for what it is about April, who knows? The Columbine kids wouldn't have been affected by tax season.

Waco technically started in February. :P As for what it is about April, who knows? The Columbine kids wouldn't have been affected by tax season.

I believe the columbine shooting date was chosen by the shooters as it was Hiltlers birthday.

• Like 1

I believe the columbine shooting date was chosen by the shooters as it was Hiltlers birthday.

There you go - Hitler's birthday. :yes:

Seriously though, even on a personal level this particular week is right up there on my crappy list.

• Like 1

Here's something interesting: Hitler's birthday is April 20. He died on April 30.

April 30 coincides with Walpurgis Night which is:

Walpurgis Night (Walpurgisnacht) is a traditional spring festival on 30 April or 1 May in large parts of Central and Northern Europe. It is often celebrated with dancing and with bonfires. It is exactly six months from All Hallows' Eve.

Hitler was thought to have picked this date for a reason, when he took his life (Nazis were interested in the Occult).

Also worth mentioning is that Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, and the Titanic sank on April 15.

And my birthday...

Nibs

So it is. Well on the plus side - 22 is a power number, good number to be born on in any month :tu:

This is also the month the showers begin.

:huh:

Rain Showers?

Meteor Showers?

Or do folks only start Showering in April in your part of the world? :P

• Like 2

This listing appeared on Yahoo this morning. Someone there also pointed out that April is the month the Titanic went down. So you see, the problem is April. We need to eliminate it from the calendar and have an 11 month year. Sure, it'll throw people off at first, but they'll get used to it. People like HerNibs will be given the choice of moving their birthday to March or May. :D

This listing appeared on Yahoo this morning. Someone there also pointed out that April is the month the Titanic went down. So you see, the problem is April. We need to eliminate it from the calendar and have an 11 month year. Sure, it'll throw people off at first, but they'll get used to it. People like HerNibs will be given the choice of moving their birthday to March or May. :D

I'd be happy to cancel my birthday all together. :)

Nibs

:huh:

Rain Showers?

Meteor Showers?

Or do folks only start Showering in April in your part of the world? :P

You must have surely heard the old saying 'April Showers Bring May Flowers'

And of course everyone knows that May Flowers bring Pilgrims. :D

• Like 1

Pilgrims bring disease. :yes:

The Church of Christ(Mormons) was founded on April 6, the Church of Satan was founded on April 30.

• Like 1

The Church of Christ(Mormons) was founded on April 6, the Church of Satan was founded on April 30.

Holy crap, The Church of Biff was also founded in the month of April. :devil:

Edited by BiffSplitkins

Ai mi, it's Autumn down south of the equator - Winter is coming.... bah humbug.

When cows are let out of the barn in the spring, they all go a little crazy for a while. Maybe it's the same with humans. Takes a while to get used to the fine weather and the freedom of being outside in good weather (among other things).

• Like 1

Columbine was, at the least, not originally planned to be on April 20th. Harris and Klebold were prepared to 'go to war' on Columbine High School at any time. They had the guns for at least five months. And, even if their homemade bombs were pitifully pathetic, they made at least twenty by March. It's possible it could have happened anywhere between March and May. But the way the cards fall it happened on 4/20th.

I never recommend tourists come here (Vietnam) in April or May. It's the worst of the dry season. Hot and dry and dusty. No typical relief from an afternoon rain.