Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gaming addict breaks world record 135 hours

Still Waters

A computer games fanatic battled his way to a new world record by playing 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' - for more than five-and-a-half days.

Determined Okan Kaya, 28, played the hit game for a total of 135 hours and 50 minutes.

Okan, of Sydney, Australia, smashed the previous record for continuous gaming which stood at 120 hours and seven minutes.

http://www.dailymail...-FIVE-DAYS.html

Now I'm really not one to judge as I have been known to play a video game or two in my time (to put it mildly) but I'm just gonna put this out there.

Hey Okan Kaya! Get a life you loser! You are going to be a 40 year old virgin living in your parents basement!!!!

• Like 7

Well, I'm somewhat at a loss for words on this.

I think OverSword summed it up nicely.

• Like 1

Oooo, what a man! Five and a half days playing a realistic shooter! Me oh my! -waves fan- Goodness, I seem to have the vapors.

• Like 3

That can't be healthy.

I'll show this article to my brother.

He lives for computer games.

What's next, have nutrients and fluids fed intravenously to save some time from eating and drinking?

Edited by Mnemonix
  • Like 2

'Guinness allowed the breaks to be stored up and taken at once soOkan was able to sleep for several hours at a time.'

Doesn't really count as a 'non stop session' then does it.

Sorry, record invalid, try again.

• Like 5

I don't see how anyone can sit and play games that long. Considering the breaks doesn't sound like non stop to me.

135 hours....on call of duty He should get an award for surviving the most mundane game ever made. 135 hours give me a RPG or at least something with some depth.

• Like 1

135 hours....on call of duty He should get an award for surviving the most mundane game ever made. 135 hours give me a RPG or at least something with some depth.

Maybe he should try 135 hours in Afghanistan.

Hard to be a tough guy in front of a television set

Why do you think most people seem to read this story and then be harsh towards the guy?

Why do you think most people seem to read this story and then be harsh towards the guy?

Because Call of Duty is a terrible game.

• Like 2

A computer games fanatic battled his way to a new world record by playing 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' - for more than five-and-a-half days.

Determined Okan Kaya, 28, played the hit game for a total of 135 hours and 50 minutes.

Okan, of Sydney, Australia, smashed the previous record for continuous gaming which stood at 120 hours and seven minutes.

http://www.dailymail...-FIVE-DAYS.html

Someone needs a girlfriend lol

Those deaths are nothing more than Darwinism at its best.

The best one I heard of was a couple who had two pcs.

After five days of non stop playing they discovered their baby had died of dehydration. I think it was the worlds first World of Warcraft baby lol.

Because Call of Duty is a terrible game.

Millions upon millions of people worldwide would disagree with this statement.

• Like 1

Millions upon millions of people worldwide would disagree with this statement.

IN MY OPINION Call of Duty is a terrible game. Better? ;)

• Like 1

IN MY OPINION Call of Duty is a terrible game. Better? ;)

i'll agree with you .. i find all first person shooters game are very boring and blank

seriously what's so fun about controling a hand with gun and crossair all day ?

if a guy want to waste his life on game for god sake pick a decent story game at least :D

This sprang into my mind as well.

The guy was going for a record. People do silly things for records. People ride roller coasters for days at a time. They play monopoly in elevators. They walk backwards across the country.

You could argue that anyone going for any time record is silly and needs a date *rolls eyes* but this guy is no different than any of the others.

• Like 3

Because it makes them feel better about themselves.

People have died of DVT from playing for far shorter periods of time. I have to sit at a computer for long periods of time due to my current studies, but it does feel disgusting to do so and is not good for you physically or emotionally. Taking frequent breaks is important.

Edited by Cybele
  • Like 3

Killing zombies is worth anyone's time. Practice makes perfect. ;)