Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time traveller from 1920? must see!

eley

Okay i like retro pictures and i am fascinated by colour photos from 100 years ago

there are many of them

and no they arent fake, they are verified and genuine.

Some were actual colour, and some were added colour later through a `colour filter method`.

I am sure some of these amazing glimpses into the past photos warrant their own thread.. HOWEVER, that is not the thread purpose.

i came across THIS

http://www.retronaut...is-in-colour-2/

If you go down to the15th photo down of the three women sitting at a market and a couple of women standing behind them

The woman sitting down 3rd from right

Does it not look like she is texting into one of those flip cellphones?

However the photo is from 1920?

I know it may sound exagurated, but how many little devices did they have of that shape that could be hold that way did they have in 1920? a mini type writter? i dont think so..

Anyway your thoughts

time traveller

Edited by eley

What makes you think she has a "little device" in her hands? You can't make any detail out. She could be sewing stitches in a hat for all we know.

Good luck to her trying to send a text message from a cellphone without any cell towers and cell network.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

On further inspection, there's no sign to me that there's anything in her hands. Certainly no sign of anything resembling a flip phone.

6ivp.png

Edited by JesseCuster

Anyway your thoughts

My thoughts are "should I consider this a troll post so I can get on with my day?"

C'mon - she has her hands in her lap, that's it. What makes you think there's something there at all? I've seen much better candidates for "time-traveler" photos...

• Like 3

One cannot really determine if she even has anything in her hands. Looking at those crates, the contents almost look like mussels, and if so, it is more plausible that she may be in the process of cutting the adductor muscle or trimming the beard off.

• Like 4

Thats quite a stretch you make there. The picture is titled Vendeuses aux Halles - 1920 which translates to Vendors at Les Halles - 1920. Looks to me like she is shucking mussels from those big boxes of mussels in front of her.

Edit to add: lol took me to long to hit post. Looks like Insanity sees the exact same thing I do

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 3

I disagree with SweetPumper. If she is a interstellar time-traveller it would have to be a Galaxy, surely ?

• Like 1

Ive just wasted another whole minute of my life... :no:

• Like 2

Anyway your thoughts

here, as you like the time travel thing, spend some time investigating this REAL time traveler who appeared from nowhere, and in a few weeks made 350 million on stock exchange, (starting with $800 only) gets arrested by FBI for poss insider trading, he explains patiently he is a time traveler and so knew just when to invest, gets bailed, and then vanished back to where he come from.

Research it carefully and come back and share your findings?

wiki says, (amongst other things) :

"Andrew Carlssin was reportedly arrested in January 2002 for SEC violations for making 126 high-risk stock trades and being successful on every one. As reported, Carlssin started with an initial investment of $800 and ended with over $350,000,000, which drew the attention of the SEC. Later reports suggest that after his arrest, he submitted a four-hour confession wherein he claimed to be a time traveler from 200 years in the future. He offered to tell investigators such things as the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and the cure for AIDS in return for a lesser punishment and to be allowed to return to his time craft,[15] although he refused to tell investigators the location or workings of his craft."

KVQq3.jpg

:yes::innocent:;)

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

It's completely obvious to me that she is completely enthralled in a game of 'Candy Crush'.

6ivp.png

• Like 2

On further inspection, there's no sign to me that there's anything in her hands. Certainly no sign of anything resembling a flip phone.

6ivp.png

She could have been simply inspecting a bogey she just pulled out of her nose too... :w00t:

• Like 1

Not a troll thread

the part i`m referring to that looks like a phone is this

in front of her hand looks like a little flip screen

gallery_139975_14_23970.jpg

here, as you like the time travel thing, spend some time investigating this REAL time traveler who appeared from nowhere, and in a few weeks made 350 million on stock exchange, (starting with $800 only) gets arrested by FBI for poss insider trading, he explains patiently he is a time traveler and so knew just when to invest, gets bailed, and then vanished back to where he come from.

Research it carefully and come back and share your findings?

wiki says, (amongst other things) :

"Andrew Carlssin was reportedly arrested in January 2002 for SEC violations for making 126 high-risk stock trades and being successful on every one. As reported, Carlssin started with an initial investment of $800 and ended with over $350,000,000, which drew the attention of the SEC. Later reports suggest that after his arrest, he submitted a four-hour confession wherein he claimed to be a time traveler from 200 years in the future. He offered to tell investigators such things as the whereabouts of Osama bin Laden and the cure for AIDS in return for a lesser punishment and to be allowed to return to his time craft,[15] although he refused to tell investigators the location or workings of his craft."

KVQq3.jpg

:yes::innocent:;)

wow, first of all i did not say my pic was definatly a time traveler it was more of a question

if there is a logical explanation for my photo thats fine no big deal

anyway the case you have linked to looks fascinating is it a genuine case do you know anything else on it

Eley I'd like to welcome you to UM. I took your post to be a light hearted attempt at exploring something you thought MIGHT be mysterious - which of course is mostly what we are about here. Sorry you got gut shot and trampled for your trouble. It happens sometimes :) Keep coming back and post up some good ones!

• Like 3

wow, first of all i did not say my pic was definatly a time traveler it was more of a question

if there is a logical explanation for my photo thats fine no big deal

anyway the case you have linked to looks fascinating is it a genuine case do you know anything else on it

hehehe... :tu: s

start here and you will find a few more, plus his story

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/5-people-who-might-be-real-time-travelers

then just Google his name. Should keep you busy so have fun! :passifier:

hehe, now this time traveler took his mobile and filmed himself in the future. He was fixing his sink and found a tunnel...to the future :tu:

hehe, now this time traveler took his mobile and filmed himself in the future. He was fixing his sink and found a tunnel...to the future :tu:

[media=]

[/media]

wow is that real? the tattoos etc

how did he get back from the past?

wow is that real? the tattoos etc

how did he get back from the past?

he went to the future, not the past

But eley, nothing I have offered is real, they are all just hoaxes, sadly, there is NO evidence of any time travelers, ever! no pics, no vids, thats it. It doesn't happen! sorry!!

read the debunks here

http://www.paranorma...raveler-exposed

and

http://mentalfloss.com/article/31453/11-time-traveler-urban-legends-pretty-much-debunk-themselves

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

Not a troll thread

the part i`m referring to that looks like a phone is this

in front of her hand looks like a little flip screen

gallery_139975_14_23970.jpg

I am just not seeing it, my only conclusion is because its not there.

If she did have a phone then there must have been someone else out there to receive her call, find another photo dated the same time of that other person receiving the "text" and you may be onto something.

• Like 2

the woman sitting beside her has an invisible phone, same hand movements and position, so of course it must be true, and the third woman is just a shy time traveller in case anyone from her past recognizes her

• Like 2

the woman sitting beside her has an invisible phone, same hand movements and position, so of course it must be true, and the third woman is just a shy time traveller in case anyone from her past recognizes her

Ahhhhhh! you say past? but what if they are from the future, hence the phones? (purely hypothetical)

• Like 1

So you can see a flip screen in that image? Anything else you can see that no one else can?