Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

UFOs with Speeds up to 27,000 MPH

ufosfbi green fireballs los alamos project twinkle

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#196    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

This is not a fireball or ball lightning, but a laser at Sandia Labs in New Mexico, which has always been a UFO hotspot as well.

Posted Image

#197    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

At Los Alamos in 1949, LaPaz and Edward Teller got into a discussion about the anomalous nature of these "green fireballs",

http://www.google.co...,r:4,s:200,i:16

http://www.project19...b/cap21649.html

1. Reference is made to previous reports, file number and subject as above, latest dated 23 March 1949.

2. Transmitted herewith are minutes of the meeting between representatives of the Atomic Energy Commission, Armed Forces Special Weapons Project, University of California, University of New Mexico, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Fourth Army and the Office of Special Investigation.

3. There are numerous errors in the minutes, due to the fact that they were transcribed from a recording of the conference.  The combination of a jack hammer outside the window and the number of persons speaking made accurate transcription impossible.

4. Investigation is continuing, and further reports will be forwarded as information is developed.

1 Incl
  Minutes of Conference (dup)
  [handwritten] 1 copy withdrawn
  MCIAXO-3 [illegible]

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 28 November 2012 - 06:09 AM.

#198    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:09 AM

View PostWoIverine, on 22 November 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Meteorites don't typically hover around in the air where everyone can watch them change colors, fly in formation, randomly disappear and reappear.  Ball lightning is also not composed of copper as the spectral anaylysis stated. Swamp gas, eh?

None of La Paz's examples hovered. They do change colours, that is quite common, and La Paz evaluated single falls, not green fireballs in formation. What green fireballs do you say approached earth "in formation"? Do you have a specific example in mind?

What an earth are you on about with Ball Lightning? Who said that it was composed of copper? What spectral analysis has proven this? The paper I offered states Ball lightning as being a by product of the plasma sheath.

Do you know the actual story behind the term "Swamp Gas" when being applied to the UFO phenomena? Going by your disrespectful usage of Hynek's terminology, I would say not?

I saw what I suspect was some sort of meteorite, and it travelled horizontally for the duration. I do know what I saw was not an alien craft.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#199    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

By the way, Bee was correct that AFSWP was the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project and AEC was the Atomic Energy Commission, which has long since been renamed the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.  They were both running their own UFO investigations as well.

Who wasn't?

#200    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 28 November 2012 - 06:09 AM, said:

None of La Paz's examples hovered. They do change colours, that is quite common, and La Paz evaluated single falls, not green fireballs in formation. What green fireballs do you say approached earth "in formation"? Do you have a specific example in mind?

What an earth are you on about with Ball Lightning? Who said that it was composed of copper? What spectral analysis has proven this? The paper I offered states Ball lightning as being a by product of the plasma sheath.

It wasn't me, but someone else on here was going on about ball lightning being composed of copper, or maybe it was one of those strange plasmas they were talking about.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 28 November 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#201    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

This is what LaPaz said:

I feel that in all probability they are not themselves conventional meteor falls.  Now, the easy way out of this is to conjure up an unconventional type of .... meteorite, which comes in practically parallel to the surface of the earth and is somehow endowed with the property against the very great atmospheric resistance that is experienced on a level, it reserves nearly constant velocity over paths say of the order of 25 to over 100 miles, as in the case of the green fireball on January 30th.  

It should also have the property that it is a very remarkable hue of green, not heretofore observed, to my knowledge, in the case of any conventional meteor falls.  And finally, and this possibly is the most implausible feature of all, that although it produces light visible at distances of the order of 400 miles, it doesn't make a sound.  In the case of the January 30th fall, due to the fact that there had been a large number of military personnel alerted, we were able to obtain observations within a minute after the fall occurred and pursued the investigation over a distance of 1,000 miles - in Texas mud primarily! - in some ten days' time interviewing literally hundreds of people, we saw not one substantial account of noise produced by the meteorite fall.

http://www.project1947.com/gfb/cap21649.html

#202    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

If you go back and read the reports I posted, they were seeing groups and "formations" of these UFOs, sometimes 4-8 of them together.  At times, they even seemed to be keeping some kind of "schedule".  LOL

#203    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 November 2012 - 04:58 AM, said:

PS  One of the reasons that LaPaz ruled out meters was because they do not have the long duration of these New Mexico UFOs, nor do they maneuver in the same way.

They definitely were not meteors.

This is why the only real "skeptical" explanation was that they were some kind of extraordinary, rare and unusual plasma phenomenon.

However, the 1933 Green Fireball sighted in New Mexico is used as a comparison with the Australian 2006 Green Fireball, and they exhibited the same properties. Old data has been utilised to help identify the phenomena today, but the results are different. Which I expect them to be with new technology and such. I agree they are a rarer phenomena than a regular meteorite, and I suspect this might have something to do with the point of origin and trajectory.

The explanation provided by QUT is a meteor, but with a plasma sheath, so in a way I guess it take the best of both worlds. I was actually wondering something very much along these lines only a coupe of months ago, it seems I have been beaten to the punch. I was talking briefly with S2F on another subject along these lines.

La Paz claims to have seen a fireball gain elevation. That seems to be his convincing personal argument. Yet again, path deviations, be they perceived or otherwise are also common during a meteor shower. I am not sure if this was known in the 1950's or not. As such, I do not feel it is sufficient to outright relegate green fireballs to ET.

Posted Image

LINK

Edited by psyche101, 28 November 2012 - 06:37 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#204    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 November 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

It wasn't be, but someone else on here was going on about ball lightning being composed of copper, or maybe it was one of those strange plasmas they were talking about.

Yes, Wolverine seemed to be embellishing the details somewhat.

#205    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 November 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

By the way, Bee was correct that AFSWP was the Armed Forces Special Weapons Project and AEC was the Atomic Energy Commission, which has long since been renamed the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.  They were both running their own UFO investigations as well.

Who wasn't?

Indeed, they may well have been as it could be a source of free energy as Tesla suggested. He also used to talk to aliens, but when he was whacked out on whacky tabaccy and said they were on Venus. We know he did not get that one right.

Still, everyone has a vice I suppose, it would be good to know his thoughts on Wardenclyffe tower. The indications he offered were nothing short of amazing. Edison did not like the idea of free power. No meter, no support. Private Enterprise can be every bit as damaging as any perceived Government intervention.

Edited by psyche101, 28 November 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#206    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 November 2012 - 06:23 AM, said:

If you go back and read the reports I posted, they were seeing groups and "formations" of these UFOs, sometimes 4-8 of them together.  At times, they even seemed to be keeping some kind of "schedule".  LOL

Now that's more like it ;) I agree with this completely. Meteor showers arrive "on schedule". But Green Fireballs were not touring earth in formation ;)

If I got the impression wrong from Wolverine I apologise, but I do not think I did.

#207    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 28 November 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Now that's more like it ;) I agree with this completely. Meteor showers arrive "on schedule". But Green Fireballs were not touring earth in formation ;)

If I got the impression wrong from Wolverine I apologise, but I do not think I did.

No, they weren't fireballs touring the earth.

#208    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 28 November 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

Yes, Wolverine seemed to be embellishing the details somewhat.

I wouldn't say that, given the dozens and hundreds of UFO reports from New Mexico in this period, including the very large formation over Farmington.

#209    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,500 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 November 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

I wouldn't say that, given the dozens and hundreds of UFO reports from New Mexico in this period, including the very large formation over Farmington.

But member Wolverine indicated that Green fireballs arrived and travel in formation.

Meteorites don't typically hover around in the air where everyone can watch them change colors, fly in formation, randomly disappear and reappear.

That statement is an embellishment. Pretty big one too. No two ways about it.

#210    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 28 November 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

Sandia Labs in New Mexico, which has always been a UFO hotspot as well.

Huh?  Where did you hear that?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users