Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

waiting for something

chromefox

Hi all i apologize if this doesn't come across too clear , i was just lurking another website ( quite popular ) and somebody had posted a thread regarding they felt they were waiting for some event possibly to happen and that they feel empty and that life and its rewards as it stands seems pointless, I'm happy to know im not the only person that's felt like this for a long time but in short this thread i was reading helped me to understand in a way what i am feeling the only question is what are we waiting for and does anybody here feel the same way? some people went as far as to write as they feel right now they are just waiting to die and that they have no meaning in life until this wait is up..

related but not it made me remember the film unbreakable in which David Dunn felt the same way with his life ..no im not saying that's the case, but possibly on a level relating to the deep emotional feeling or lack of

i think everyone goes through something similar until they find a passion, everyone wants to feel important and have something to look forward to.

I'm participating in the thread you are talking about on the other board. (Small world eh?)

If you closely read the OP, it's not about waiting for "life to happen". It's not about waiting for the world to change so that a person can fit in. It's not about waiting for "fortune" to fall into your lap. I have a happy life, I feel very blessed...but I don't think that was the intent of the original thread.

My interpretation of the OP's post is that she feels like something is going to happen. She doesn't know what, or when...good or bad...just a feeling like she is waiting for an event.

In my opinion, it's people that have a overwhelming feeling of anticipation or expectation. As if they know "something" is going to happen but cannot figure out the who, what, when, where, why or how.

In my own posts, I intentionally used the words "anticipation"..."expectation"...and "anxiousness" as the best way to describe the feeling.

Not life stalling or disrupting...kinda like the feeling you get when you are waiting for an important phone call...sort of. You know it's coming but you don't know when or if it will be good news or bad.

Yes there have been a few in the 370 some posts that have said they "feel" like they are waiting to die...others have said they feel like they are waiting for "life to start"...but that is not what my personal interpretation of what the thread was about and that is not how I have contributed.

Another example is....It's more like knowing the economy is teetering on the edge of a knife and "waiting" to see which side it falls on...you "know" it's going to fall, you just know when or how bad. Might be a bad example because I personally don't think it is a good or bad thing...just the feeling that "something" is coming or is going to happen...

I might be wrong but...I don't think so.

Edited by Jeremiah65

Life can be an amazing, funny, incredible and happy journey if you want it to be.

I went through a stage in my late teens/early 20s kind of similar to what you're describing.

I had dreams of what I wished my life could be like, but had feelings it might not happen.

Changing my thinking to the positive, filling it with ideas from Norman Vincent Peale, Anthony Robbins, Dennis Waitley and a whole bunch of others, I began to come up with a plan to achieve my dreams.

Step by step, day by day I thought about what I wanted and worked towards it.

It's important to become primarily a giving person, not expecting from others, but giving to others.

Today I find myself married for almost 20 years now to the most wonderful woman in the world and we've been blessed to have 2 incredible children and a happy home.

The secret to a wonderful marriage? It's not 50/50, it's 100/100, with each focused on giving to the other and expecting nothing in return, that way we're always surprised to receive anything from the other.

I'm lucky to have met such a giving wife, but I know that I attracted her in the first place by being a giving person myself.

Still haven't had our first fight, and hope to never have one. :)

I've come to realize that life returns back to you what you give to it, and more so.

Putting yourself into life, giving goodness, kindness and love to others, helping others achieve their dreams and expecting nothing in return sets up a magical, wonderful journey that is incredible to behold.

Enjoy! :)

My perspective on this is, most people feel a similar way, there wouldn’t be any multibillion dollar worldwide advertising and marketing companies trying to tell you what will make you happy, it’s their answer to this feeling of waiting, its called ‘retail therapy’. The Advertisers will have you believe that this latest ‘thing’ is what you are waiting for, the missing ingredient to you finding this illusive feeling of Peace, satisfaction, a feeling of completeness, it has many names.

What are we waiting for? We have lost our true self to the external world in which we live, we have a deep need/ thirst to be as we once were, complete, at One with everything. The answer is meditation. We can through meditation find completeness inside of our own selves it just waiting to be found. It is not an easy task to find time to sit and turn the senses inward and sit in silence. The thought machine that nags us all day hates to be controlled like this but it is the answer. That’s what I have found in my life, take care

“Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body.” George Carlin

• Like 1

Hi all i apologize if this doesn't come across too clear , i was just lurking another website ( quite popular ) and somebody had posted a thread regarding they felt they were waiting for some event possibly to happen and that they feel empty and that life and its rewards as it stands seems pointless, I'm happy to know im not the only person that's felt like this for a long time but in short this thread i was reading helped me to understand in a way what i am feeling the only question is what are we waiting for and does anybody here feel the same way? some people went as far as to write as they feel right now they are just waiting to die and that they have no meaning in life until this wait is up..

related but not it made me remember the film unbreakable in which David Dunn felt the same way with his life ..no im not saying that's the case, but possibly on a level relating to the deep emotional feeling or lack of

Hi Chromefox,

It makes me wonder what caused them to feel empty inside. Is feeling empty inside the right description for this uncomfortable state of being or understanding? Being a Christian, it is a given to accept (or believe) that this world is temporary and imperfect, and that being with Jesus Christ in paradise is something to look forward to. Therefore, yes, I am waiting, and I'm extremely thankful that there is always an alternative to just being erased from one's awareness. On the other hand, I still have obligations to perform to those I love. Life doesn't stand still. Rise and shine, or starve or be homeless.

I've never met anyone who just waited to die, but I wouldn't discount it. I've known people with bipolar disorder; however, mental illness is another story, and it's not what you're talking about, I assume. Coherent dying people or on the brink of death usually cling to life to their last breath, sometimes kicking and screaming. There was a person who went on a massive shopping spree after a heart attack -- long opulent story. Waiting for that last breath to leave your body is, in itself, a major event. First, you feel your heart pumping faster and faster because of anticipation, and voila, "it" suddenly stops...

Just waiting to die? I have other extreme stories to tell to say otherwise. To wait to die throughout one's life is extreme luxury. The good thing about being in my old work (human services) was I got to experience the many sides of life. Losing my house (that I slaved for) and practically everything in it (including plants and trees) didn't afford me to wait for life to hit me in the face, as well. Losing a dear friend all at the same time is, in fact, surreal. Waiting for life to end? Wow, who in this world can really afford it??

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u

The last time I strongly felt this way, I was looking out of windows and stuff as though whatever I was waiting for was suddenly going to appear. I felt anxious and nervous but didn't know why.

I spoke about this to a very opened minded close friend and she said she felt something was coming too. I think she knew what it was......she died about a month later.

I believe that some people are more in tune to major things that are going to happen in their lives.

IMHO, life isn't like a book we pluck off the library shelf, a story written by someone else people with characters we know nothing about. Life is the story we write for ourselves through every moment of our being & doing. Would we have someone else, known or unknown write our story for us? Do we want our lives to consist of waiting for events that may or may not happen, instead of using that time to explore the world and ourselves? While we all at sometime feel like there's something big just around the corner, the nature of life is that we live it one moment at a time, a series of small moments that can become something momentous and valuable. Either we actively live our lives or wait around for something to happen. One has its daily rewards, the other may not have any reward at all.

Look around you people. The world is in a very bad place at the moment, People have forgotten

what is important about life...

This EVENT that you speak of isnt about to happen its already happening?

Its known as A SATINSPHERE OF SILK.

Look around you people. The world is in a very bad place at the moment, People have forgotten

what is important about life...

This EVENT that you speak of isnt about to happen its already happening?

Its known as A SATINSPHERE OF SILK.

sorry what?!?!

regardless.....this sensation of angst exists throughout recorded history....the world is no 'worse' now than it was 5000 years ago.