Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

For pure believers.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,632 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postzoser, on 15 October 2012 - 06:48 PM, said:

I'm a believer!  Never seen one.  I did photograph something strange over Channel Islands the other day though.

You photographed flares.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#17    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 15 October 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

You photographed flares.

No, that was a fly.  Remember?

Posted Image

I'm just kidding zoser.  I don't know what the blurry object in your photos are.  It just looks like a bug to me.  It could be something else.  :)

#18    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,639 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Its all in the way one decides to believe if they are true Believers ! I know for a fact to me that E.T exisist ! And actually theres no need whatsoever to prove it to anyone but me.
Im not stingeey Im just sure what I saw ! And no I dont think that its out of line to call people out on there sightings to learn and try and understand more about the subject either.
But I dont call out too many others for what they believe in either.
Only 9/11 CT peeps and a few like that.
Well this is why we get to be on this world. To learn all we can then turn into another form of energy ! And If you have been really,REALLY GOOD you just may get to trun into a Alien. :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#19    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 15 October 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

You make it sound like we are all in some kind of high school science class here and I have never heard of any of this before or given it any consideration.  LOL

This is indeed a most interesting comment.  You have tried, in a failing manner, to show my comment as juvenile by trying to indicate I make it sound like a high school science class when in fact, my comment is quite clear as to how evidenced and unevidenced are or at least should be viewed.

Since I don't know you or have actual knowledge of what you have done in your life, I can only go by what you post.  You may well be telling the truth in all that you post.   There are, however, sufficient people on the internet who fabricate a great deal that I find I must rely on some kind of validation.  Whether that be in the form of evidence or cited works, etc...

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#20    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostQuaentum, on 15 October 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

This is indeed a most interesting comment.  You have tried, in a failing manner, to show my comment as juvenile by trying to indicate I make it sound like a high school science class when in fact, my comment is quite clear as to how evidenced and unevidenced are or at least should be viewed.

Since I don't know you or have actual knowledge of what you have done in your life, I can only go by what you post.  You may well be telling the truth in all that you post.   There are, however, sufficient people on the internet who fabricate a great deal that I find I must rely on some kind of validation.  Whether that be in the form of evidence or cited works, etc...

You're clear enough, but I really don't need any basic instruction on these matters.

What I have posted about my own knowledge and background is the truth.

#21    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 15 October 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

I think you and I are in the same boat on the subject.
I am a believer, in that I, like you, have been privy to information that makes the existance of ET's and their engagement with this planet a foregone conclusion in our own minds.
"Knowing it for a fact" as you say, and not considering yourself a "believer" is really just finding the right name for it.  I'm not sure off the top of my head what term would be appropriate, but for me believer is close enough.

Well, my curiosity is certainly piqued!  Can you direct me to where you may have expounded upon this elsewhere already?  And if not, this seems to be as good a place as any.  :)

#22    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 15 October 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

Well, my curiosity is certainly piqued!  Can you direct me to where you may have expounded upon this elsewhere already?  And if not, this seems to be as good a place as any.  :)
I can't show you or say exactly what it was because it's something I should not know and I can't prove it to you or anyone else anyway.  Suffice it to say that it is only conclusive "in my own mind"...and no one gave me classified information nor did they breach and non-disclosure agreements.  I took three chunks of information given/stumbled upon, did a lot of research (and I mean a lot) connected the dots and I had my conclusion.
It was a chain of events that began near where I was born:
http://en.wikipedia....lane_Naval_Base
Information from a couple of friends who worked here:
http://www.nrc-cnrc..../eng/index.html
A now deceased relative who worked on this:
http://en.wikipedia....da_CF-105_Arrow
And my conclusions were confirmed with info from this fellow:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Paul_Hellyer

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#23    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 15 October 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

I can't show you or say exactly what it was because it's something I should not know and I can't prove it to you or anyone else anyway.  Suffice it to say that it is only conclusive "in my own mind"...and no one gave me classified information nor did they breach and non-disclosure agreements.  I took three chunks of information given/stumbled upon, did a lot of research (and I mean a lot) connected the dots and I had my conclusion.
It was a chain of events that began near where I was born:
http://en.wikipedia....lane_Naval_Base
Information from a couple of friends who worked here:
http://www.nrc-cnrc..../eng/index.html
A now deceased relative who worked on this:
http://en.wikipedia....da_CF-105_Arrow

Thanks for the additional information. :)  I was following with keen interest right up until this last bit...

View Postsynchronomy, on 15 October 2012 - 09:42 PM, said:

And my conclusions were confirmed with info from this fellow:
http://en.wikipedia....ki/Paul_Hellyer

Sorry, but he isn't high on my list of credible sources.  He's not even on that list at all actually.  In fact, he's probably one of the worst to rely upon for this kind of information in my opinion.

He had no information to offer in confirmation.  He bases his entire current belief system on Philip Corso's embarrassing piece of fiction, The Day After Roswell.  And he didn't read that until after he had retired.

Sorry, but as you can tell I don't consider him to be even remotely reliable or informed in regards to this topic.  I'm sure that glowing tribute from me will convince at least some around here that he must actually have all the answers, and as far as I'm concerned they are more than welcome to think so.

Cheers

Edit to Add...

But on second thought, maybe I've given him a bad wrap.  I don't really know.  I'm just sharing the opinion that I had formed when I initially heard him recount how he developed an interest in the topic.  Maybe he's more informed now than he was then.  I don't really know.

If you'd like to expand on what you mean, I'm more than willing to listen.  Still interested in fact.

Cheers.

Edited by booNyzarC, 15 October 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#24    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,639 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

What  would you do If you saw a craft really close up ,close enough to know it was not anything you have ever seen,and When it leaves your viewing area you still have time to reflect on the event long enough to get the Willies the entire rest of your life ? :whistle:

This is a Work in Progress!

#25    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 15 October 2012 - 10:38 PM, said:

Thanks for the additional information. :)  I was following with keen interest right up until this last bit...

Sorry, but he isn't high on my list of credible sources.  He's not even on that list at all actually.  In fact, he's probably one of the worst to rely upon for this kind of information in my opinion.

He had no information to offer in confirmation.  He bases his entire current belief system on Philip Corso's embarrassing piece of fiction, The Day After Roswell.  And he didn't read that until after he had retired.

Sorry, but as you can tell I don't consider him to be even remotely reliable or informed in regards to this topic.  I'm sure that glowing tribute from me will convince at least some around here that he must actually have all the answers, and as far as I'm concerned they are more than welcome to think so.

Cheers

Edit to Add...

But on second thought, maybe I've given him a bad wrap.  I don't really know.  I'm just sharing the opinion that I had formed when I initially heard him recount how he developed an interest in the topic.  Maybe he's more informed now than he was then.  I don't really know.

If you'd like to expand on what you mean, I'm more than willing to listen.  Still interested in fact.

Cheers.
Well, hope I can ease your concerns somewhat.  The information that Paul Hellyer provided doesn't directly relate to UFO's or ET's, it stems from knowledge he gained during his time as Canadian Minister of Defence.  Specifically the reason for the cancellation of the CF105 project and the development of the Avro Car:
http://en.wikipedia....da_VZ-9_Avrocar

On a related note:  It's important, in most cases, not to dismiss sources entirely because you can find facts within their stories that can be debunked.  Some of course are elaborate works of fiction however, some authors who have very pertinent facts to disclose, deliberately fill it with erroneous data for various reasons which I would assume vary as widely as the authors themselves.
As a bucket of sand may intitially appear of no value, close examination can uncover a few nuggets of gold that can lead research in the right direction!

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.

#26    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:39 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 15 October 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

Well, hope I can ease your concerns somewhat.  The information that Paul Hellyer provided doesn't directly relate to UFO's or ET's, it stems from knowledge he gained during his time as Canadian Minister of Defence.  Specifically the reason for the cancellation of the CF105 project and the development of the Avro Car:

I thought that the cancellation of the Avrocar was already fairly clear.  It was, overall, a dud.  Unstable, overheated, just not capable of what they were hoping to achieve.

What additional insights has Hellyer provide on this front?

On a related note:  It's important, in most cases, not to dismiss sources entirely because you can find facts within their stories that can be debunked.  Some of course are elaborate works of fiction however, some authors who have very pertinent facts to disclose, deliberately fill it with erroneous data for various reasons which I would assume vary as widely as the authors themselves.
As a bucket of sand may intitially appear of no value, close examination can uncover a few nuggets of gold that can lead research in the right direction!

I agree, which is why I edited my post and took a step back.

#27    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,847 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

Well, hope I can ease your concerns somewhat. The information that Paul Hellyer provided doesn't directly relate to UFO's or ET's, it stems from knowledge he gained during his time as Canadian Minister of Defence. Specifically the reason for the cancellation of the CF105 project and the development of the Avro Car:

Hevens, if he really did cancel the CF-105 in favour of that hopeless thing, that says all one needs to know about his judgement as Defence Minister, I think. The one thing it did prove was that any sightings of saucer shaped aircraft were very unlikely to be terrestrial projects, since that had conclusively demonstrated how hopeless it is as a design for an aircraft.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#28    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Post747400, on 16 October 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Hevens, if he really did cancel the CF-105 in favour of that hopeless thing, that says all one needs to know about his judgement as Defence Minister, I think. The one thing it did prove was that any sightings of saucer shaped aircraft were very unlikely to be terrestrial projects, since that had conclusively demonstrated how hopeless it is as a design for an aircraft.
The influence to cancel the CF105 came from the USA, as did the immediate requirement to develop a powered frizbee.

#29    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,847 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 16 October 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

The influence to cancel the CF105 came from the USA, as did the immediate requirement to develop a powered frizbee.
Pressure from the US, certaintly, but that doesn't have to mean it was anything to do with extra Terrestrials.

In August 1957, the Diefenbaker government signed the NORAD (North American Air Defense) Agreement with the United States, making Canada a partner with American command and control. The USAF was in the process of completely automating their air defence system with the SAGE project, and offered Canada the opportunity to share this sensitive information for the air defence of North America.[64] One aspect of the SAGE system was the BOMARC nuclear-tipped anti-aircraft missile. This led to studies on basing BOMARCs in Canada in order to push the line further north, even though the deployment was found to be extremely costly.
“ The introduction of SAGE in Canada will cost in the neighbourhood of $107 million. Further improvements are required in the radar... NORAD has also recommended the introduction of the BOMARC missile... will be a further commitment of $164 million... All these commitments coming at this particular time... will tend to increase our defence budget by as much as 25 to 30%. ”

George Pearkes, then Minister of National Defence, 1958[65]

Defence against ballistic missiles was also becoming a priority. The existence of Sputnik had also raised the spectre of attack from space, and, as the year progressed, word of a "missile gap" began spreading. An American brief of the meeting with Pearkes reported Pearkes "stated that the problem of developing a defence against missiles while at the same time completing and rounding out defence measures against manned bombers posed a serious problem for Canada from the point of view of expense".[66] It is also said Canada could afford the Arrow or Bomarc/SAGE, but not both.[67][N 6]
By 11 August 1958, Pearkes requested cancellation of the Arrow, but the Cabinet Defence Committee (CDC) refused. He tabled it again in September, and recommended installation of the Bomarc missile system. The latter was accepted but, again, the CDC refused to cancel the entire Arrow program. The CDC wanted to wait until a major review in 31 March 1959, however, the Sparrow/Astra system was cancelled in September 1958.[68] Efforts to continue the program through cost-sharing with other countries were then explored.
“ We did not cancel the CF-105 because there was no bomber threat, but because there was a lesser threat and we got the Bomarc in lieu of more airplanes to look after this. ”

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CF-105)

Perhaps the Avrocar thing was ordered as part of a coverup, though, so that any sightings of saucer shaped objects could be passed off as that, who can say.

Edited by 747400, 16 October 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#30    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Post747400, on 16 October 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

Perhaps the Avrocar thing was ordered as part of a coverup, though, so that any sightings of saucer shaped objects could be passed off as that, who can say.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it :tu:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users