Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cats are stressed being treated like dogs

Still Waters

Cats suffer from stress because owners expect them to behave like dogs, according to a leading animal behaviourist.

People expect cats to be thoroughly domesticated, to enjoy being petted and to be relaxed about sharing their living space, said Dr John Bradshaw. They fail to understand that lavishing a cat with affection will not necessarily make it feel more content.

http://www.telegraph...-like-dogs.html

Let the cat come to you, when they want affection or to let you know they love you, they will rub their cheek against your hand or your head. My cats are both different, Tosca, the male sits next to me and puts his paw on my lap when he wants to be spoilt and petted. The female Charlotte gets on the back of the couch and rubs her cheek and head against my cheek and skull, she also chews my hair. I don't chase around after them, they are annoying enough with how often they come to me. They know when I am seated on the settee they can get a real spoiling and they take turns until I'm the one who is fed up with their company (well, not really, but sometimes I feel like kicking them out so I can just enjoy a cup of coffee without being harassed to scratch their heads and ears and bellies).

• Like 3

i've just got a kitten and i fight with it all the time.

no quarter given-none returned.

she attacks me at every opportunity- so much so, that i'm thinking of renaming her 'cato'.

she's a cat through & through.....

• Like 2