Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Human-Animal Hybrid Ban Proposed In Mississip

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

A Republican state legislator in Mississippi has proposed a ban on human-animal hybrids.
State Rep. William Tracy Arnold (R-Booneville) proposed the ban on using human embryos in any hybrid project. The measure is part of a bill that would restrict abortion, human cloning and assisted suicide. Arnold told wapt.com that he included the ban as a way to restrict embryo research.

http://www.huffingto..._n_2601975.html

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,426 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Is such a monstrosity even possible?  If it is then I would whole heartedly support such a ban.

Edited by and then, 11 February 2013 - 12:32 PM.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

This sucks. I want to see Leopard people and bird people. Or whatever. But then again I think more people should wear capes and swords too. :cat:

#4    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• 1,396 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Hey... I want to be a person who has cat ears and a tail, thus allowing for greater balance and agility on my part. I be able to always land on my feet and have keen senses when it comes to stalking my prey on the battlefields. Just joking...

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#5    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I wonder if this bill would prevent genetically modified pigs to supply organs for transplant?

#6    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,856 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

The reason behind this proposal (IMO) is religiously based.  Each animal shall only mix with it's own kind and all that.  They are trying to stave off the end times which reportedly shall come when it is like it was in the days of Noah, when there was much strange flesh and God killed everyone who was a hybrid (again IMO)

#7    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

I dont like the idea of restricting science/research in any way really.

As far as I'm concerned, a human-animal hybrid would just be another form of life, no different (but more sophisticated) than creating a mule.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#8    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,133 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Once gene splicing becomes practical, I can see governments trying to "preserve" human purity or some kind of nonsense like that.  If we were smart we would make ourselves physically and mentally better using the best genes from the best animals our planet has produced.

The only trouble would be if these changes have to be made before conception, not giving the person a choice in what happens...

#9    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

ancient Egyptians seemed to like that concept.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#10    green_dude777

green_dude777

Psychic Spy

• 1,052 posts

• When you look back in life, you don't regret what you did, you regret what you never attempted.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostStellar, on 11 February 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

I dont like the idea of restricting science/research in any way really.

As far as I'm concerned, a human-animal hybrid would just be another form of life, no different (but more sophisticated) than creating a mule.

I second this statement.

I also want to add;  For those of you who see these as 'pointless, mad scientist experiments', you need to look at all the facts of said experiments.  I saw people in a slight uproar over sewing kittens' eyes shut a couple months ago, and all the criticism was based purely off of emotional knee jerk responses, and wild speculation.  In my experience, people of science are way more ethical than their religious opposites.

#11    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,156 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 11 February 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

- post removed -

I didn't know you were from Mississippi.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#12    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 2,165 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostBama13, on 11 February 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I didn't know you were from Mississippi.

HAHAHA didnt see that response coming :lol:

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#13    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 11 February 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

Lol. The entire state of mississippi barely have the iq and the intelligence of your average 4th grade science class. Seems like bible thumping Tea Partiers with too much time on their hands again.lol.

Posted Image

#14    Soccergirl13

Soccergirl13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

Did anyone actually read the entire article? Its basically a hidden agenda against abortions of any kind. Just mixed up with some nonsense about hybrid experiments so people would jump on board because they dont want donkey babies or whatever. Real perpose whole different story imo

#15    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

One of area of science that needs to be strictly monitored globally but not necessarily banned. It is science after all. But in the current state of humanity I have no problem with an outright ban on this science. It would be misused.

But I believe the meat of the meat of the bill is the later parts and the beginning is the shock and awe. Thats why legislation aka pork needs to be somewhat related. In this case I dont believe they do.

(R-Booneville) proposed the ban on using human embryos in any hybrid project. The measure is part of a bill that would restrict abortion, human cloning and assisted suicide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users