Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
581 replies to this topic

#301    EllJay

EllJay

Poltergeist

• 2,330 posts

• Today We Are Creating Tomorrow's Yesterday

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

Here is a working clip from the 28-weeks-later opening scene.
Goddamn STASI YouTube blocked the other one, which was of better quality.

"Opinions are like a**holes, everyone seems to have one" - Dirty Harry

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand... "

"I have a black belt in Feng Shui, the subtle martial art. I go home to you and move a lamp and a chair... twelve years later you lay there on the floor with broken kneecaps and destitute."

#302    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 17 November 2012 - 11:27 PM, said:

Funny thing about The Shining Stephen King did not like the movie at all, He thought Kubrick missed the crucial points that he conveyed in the book. Stephen King has stated that Kubrick didn't do justice to what King felt were the most important aspects of the book : The main character's struggle with alcoholism, the dissolution of the American family (or at least this one), and the malevolence of the hotel itself (rather than the people/ghosts in it.)

Some of this may be personal for King. Like the main character, King was a writer with a serious alcohol and cocaine problem who confessed suppressing "brutal urges" toward his daughter. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvsho... The book is about a good man turned bad by alcoholism; an alcoholism exploited by an unseen evil force.

The movie is about a jerk who just gets worse.

I dont like Kubricks The Shining either. But the novel by Stephen King is one of the scariest novels I have ever read.
Spoiler

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#303    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Oh yeah I adore the novel, it's an absolute classic. I don't think King 'got' what Kubrick did with the framework, he coulda made a basic visual counterpart in his sleep but he used it as a foundation and vehicle for his own themes and agendas and crazy interpretations. A lot of it is about the genocide of the american indians and the juxtaposition of written medium vs electronic communication, it's severely fascinating and downright odd. You get the impression his Torrance wasn't sane to begin with and the ending is mind boggling, it's interesting he is in the Baphomet pose in the last photo. The number puzzles and subconscious maze are also quite a treat!

It certainly ain't a horror film as audiences know it, there is barely any blood, two deaths and no cheap thrills, the elevator holds all the gore really and that is symbolic and not a mere gimmick. True art!

Edited by DancingCorpse, 18 November 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#304    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostAmbush Bug, on 18 November 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

I dont like Kubricks The Shining either. But the novel by Stephen King is one of the scariest novels I have ever read.
Spoiler
Same here I read it in about a week because it was so good I just couldnt put it down

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#305    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

View PostEllJay, on 18 November 2012 - 04:34 AM, said:

Here is a working clip from the 28-weeks-later opening scene.
Goddamn STASI YouTube blocked the other one, which was of better quality.

See Now I thought 28 days later was the best out of the 2, When I saw it I was very entertained. BLOOD and GORE is phenomenal in that movie

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#306    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

Also jumping back to The Shining movie Kubrick called Stephen King and he said that The Shining was a pretty optimistic movie because If there were all these ghosts that meant that there was life after death. Stephen King then said well what about hell, and Kubrick replied I dont believe in Hell. Then Stephen King said well I do. So they disagreed about that also

#307    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,388 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Yeah I remember reading that, he woke King up at like 3 in the morning with random questions cause of the time differences haha. The novel has a much more upbeat ending than what we're left with in the movie. Though there was a scene in a hospital which (I think, at least I haven't been able to track it down) never made it into the final cut, I believe Kubrick removed it.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#308    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Yeah Kubrick is know to be a good director I mean look at A ClockWork Orange I loved that movie, also 2001 : A Space Oddessey was good and ahead of its time when it was made.

#309    Shrieker_Fan

Shrieker_Fan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

• I feel I was denied... critical, need-to-know information.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thankskilling

^Not a trailer to watch for those with a weak stomache, or virgin ears.

#310    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Annie (1982) I still get nightmares today just thinking of that little red haired girl.  :cry:

#311    Pupp3t

Pupp3t

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds", verse 32 from chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita.

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

I have had my share of scary movies.
Child's Play takes the reward for Movie that traumatized me for a LOOONG time. I still can't get myself to watch.. that thing.
:no:

#312    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostPupp3t, on 22 November 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

I have had my share of scary movies.
Child's Play takes the reward for Movie that traumatized me for a LOOONG time. I still can't get myself to watch.. that thing.
:no:
I was watching Childs Play and one of my little cousins saw Chucky and it FREAKED them out

#313    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,388 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Haha I was flicking through the channels at stupid o clock the other night and Bride Of Chucky or some crazyness was on, it was so funny it kinda freaked me out. Reminds me of that legend Slappy the dummy from Goosebumps :unsure2:

#314    Pupp3t

Pupp3t

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds", verse 32 from chapter 11 of the Bhagavad Gita.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

God help me, I RAN from my mom at a flea market once. Some peeps were tossing a doll of HIM around.
I even told my cousins to tear his visage from a newspaper once. I was that scared. I was 13 when I told them to do that.
At 17, the first part was on Netflix.
Brother: Hey, Child's Play! Wanna watch?
Me: -automatically turns and mods a PC game in another room.-

#315    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

DeadGirl was pretty messed up I thought

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users