Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Xbox360 or PS3 or Wii

InHuman

Yeah so around the holiday season my friend is set on buying either of these consoles, but we (I use "we" since even though I'm going to b****ing about his choice, I'm practically going to be living in his basement after he gets some good games) hav't come to a final desicion..

Keep in mind that he dosn't have internet..so 99% of it all is going to be played offline (few rare instances where we could get the PS3 online with my other friends wireless router)..

We are both wary of the X-Box habit of dying..and we are not fans of its controller (PS3 controller is VERY comfortable)..however the 360's came selection his HUGE and there are tons of quality titles..

Whats really going to make the final desicion is which console has the best offline multiplayer...I'm talking splitscreen multiplayer with bots and tons of features (Neither Halo or Warhawk have this to my knowledge)....

Oh and any chance mass effect coming to PS3? That and MGS4 might make it worth it in the end..

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DigitalDreamer

• Roughneck

• chemical-licker

• Bender.

Mass Effect 2 might come to the PS3, but it will also be on 360. Halo 3 does have splitscreen multiplayer, and you can use Forge in it. For PS3 Im pretty sure Resistance has local multiplayer and I know CoD4 does. For bots, Im not sure what games have them. I will say that 360s do break, not sure about the new ones, Im sure they do too, just might take a bit longer, but MS does fix them for free. I say go with 360, its game library looks the best.

And about the 360 are there any good alternatives to the first party controller..? Perferablly smaller and more compact..

Consoles suck.

I'd invest in a gaming PC myself.

I bought a 360 a while back. Played gears of war and now it's been eating dust for months.

On the other hand I've played so many kickass games on the computer lately it's not funny.

Crysis and Medal of Honour 4 were the latest. Both absolutely amazing and will not look nearly as good or be as easy to play on a console.

He phoned like an hour ago..he got the PS3 today...

WOOT!..kinda...

Anways I'm gonna spend the time I set off tommrow for my english proj playing motor storm at his house..

Actually it doesn't sound like Mass effect will ever be out on the PS3 or computer. Bioware has alot of stuff they are doing right now, a sonic RPG a computer RPG called Dragon Age, an MMO, and an untitled next gen RPG. People who work on the Mass effect game said they will only consider doing a PC port is after all three games are out on the 360 and that will be atleast a couple of years down the road. Some people think it's bad that Bioware is now owned by EA but a former owner of Bioware is now head of EA. I believe that they are in good hands. I don't think I'll be getting a PS3 just about all the games. Alot of troubles with the 360 is a myth and isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. My day 1 died on me but the second one I got after MS gave me a new one works just great that was about a year or two or go I forgot and I know several people who've had their day one console without a problem. All these things about dirty disc errors and freezing, they should learn to keep better care of their systems.

Get ze 360,Better games and overall better company.After all thats why you buy a GAMING console is for the GAMES right?

Get 360, ps3 is still relatively new, has lots of bugs to sort out.

360 has great selection of games, most games coming out will be 3rd party which means they will be out on both consoles, and anyway, 360 is cheaper and quieter.

You'll enjoy 360, its an awesome console, i know from personal experience. :D

Good luck in your choice.

Jotar

Dude.... Dude... Get the 360. And your so wrong about the halo offline MP. I didn't like the xbox controller either, but it's way better after using it for 15 mins.

360. Way better games. Too big of a controller? There is a learning curve. Within 10 minutes you won't be able to feel the difference. To me, the Ps3 was a failure as a system. They concentrated way to much on the graphics as opposed to the actual games.

I have the PS3 and one of my best buds has the 360 and he's getting a PS3 for himself this christmas after playing Uncharted, Folklore and UT3. In the end, for my money, Sony is a far better company than Microsoft. Plus you just get more with the PS3 and Bluray disc sizes open the door to ridiculously huge games down the line. Right now 360 has a better line up but by Q2 next year it will start evening out.

360. Way better games. Too big of a controller? There is a learning curve. Within 10 minutes you won't be able to feel the difference. To me, the Ps3 was a failure as a system. They concentrated way to much on the graphics as opposed to the actual games.

Failure? It hasn't even been out that long. It also has a couple of biggest exclusives coming out next year.

Sony is a far better company than Microsoft. Plus you just get more with the PS3 and Bluray disc sizes open the door to ridiculously huge games down the line.

But people want games NOW the present time,Not next year.And half the people who buy a ps3 dont even know what "bluray" is so thats a waste of time,And you say the ps3 "has a couple of biggest exclusives coming out next year".But the 360 has those titles now and in 08,So what sounds better?A console that has had fun games in the past and will have more in the future,Or a console that will be getting fun games ( and btw theres like 2 fun ps3 games,So i doubt these games will be fun.They will just be made to make sony look impressive with their bright colors and such ) in the future.And alot of people say the ps3 appeals to older people,Have you ever seen their commercials?Since when are "older people" into emo/goth music and a transforming ps3 that just screams "Dont look at the gameplay,Be distracted by the flashy visual effects in this commercial"?the 360 appeals to older people,The ps3 ( after seeing their commercials I am 100% sure ) is aimed at teenage emo/goth kids who like the horrible music blastin and all the black.

• 2 weeks later...

i prefer my 360, it has more games, has a more comfortable controller, as well as other little things it has over the ps3 like the menu button in the middle not taking up the entire screen when you press it.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah so around the holiday season my friend is set on buying either of these consoles, but we (I use "we" since even though I'm going to b****ing about his choice, I'm practically going to be living in his basement after he gets some good games) hav't come to a final desicion..

Keep in mind that he dosn't have internet..so 99% of it all is going to be played offline (few rare instances where we could get the PS3 online with my other friends wireless router)..

We are both wary of the X-Box habit of dying..and we are not fans of its controller (PS3 controller is VERY comfortable)..however the 360's came selection his HUGE and there are tons of quality titles..

Whats really going to make the final desicion is which console has the best offline multiplayer...I'm talking splitscreen multiplayer with bots and tons of features (Neither Halo or Warhawk have this to my knowledge)....

Oh and any chance mass effect coming to PS3? That and MGS4 might make it worth it in the end..

if u play alot online the 360 is the master of online.if u gonna single,co op or just splitscreen then the PS3 rules as it has the best singleplyr games but is not that good online with alot of LAG.Personally im gonna get aPS3 just 4 MGS4.

PS 222222222222WAH :sk

I still love it. My hub has a 360, I don't ever use it cause they don't really make enough of my type of games. I prefer PC above all cause there are so many game options for me but I need a better computer <_< .

I don't know much about Playstation 3 problems, but the Xbox 360 has a slight problem and that's the ring of death, the problem with the 360 is that United States forbid Lead or Lead full soldering units to toys for kids, and the xbox 360 is known as a toy after all, for all ages, Therefore the architecture of the GPU (Graphical Processing Unit) of the 360 (physically) is that it's integrated into the 360's motherboard, throughout Hundreds of small Lead Free soldering spheres, what happens is that since it's lead free it's weak and it tends to rip out, causing the xbox 360 to die, but it's not microsoft or bill gates' fault, how do I know this? I've fixed one myself and just got my Second one, could've had a ps3, I'll telly ou why I didn't get a ps3.

Now, the ps3 as everyone knows gets farm ore heated than the 360 due to it's Potential processor Power.. powerful it is, much more than the 360's processor, But the Playstation 3's video card doesn't match up to the 360's, In fact, it doesn't match up to a Geforce 7800 (yes we all know how old those are) , the Xbox 360 GPU has a genuine architecture designed by ATI that allows it's inside RAM to have EDRAM blocks (Enhanced Dynamic Random Access Memory), that means, 250gbps (gigabytes per second that's right) and the ps3's VRAM speed (video ram) is of only 25gps, Then again, the ps3's processor consists of 7 Cores (running at 3.2ghz clockspeed) with it's own separated RAM running at 3.2GHZ Bus speed, that's a lot of processor power, while the 360 has multithreaded cores (3 cores) also running at 3.2ghz clockspeed, and connected to it's united ram at 700mhz so the deal here is this..

The ps3 games will never have as much graphic details as the xbox 360.

and the Xbox 360 will never be as fast as the ps3.

Tough choice? Not for me, I've always loved graphics Much more than speed.. I'll stick to the 360.. after all.. it's cheaper..

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!! :angry: how can you even compare them??????? PS3 might be expensive but you are paying for quality!!!!!!

ps3 Games have everything!!!

-Epic graphics :yes:

-insane gameplay :wacko:

-they are soooooo fun :lol:

I could go on and on,,,,,,,

the point is that you can go out and waste your money buying something pathetic :cry:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OR~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

save a little longer and buy something that isn't just good,,,,, it's lengendary!!!! :tu:

mental man the ps3 hasn't and will never have better graphics than the 360 >.< It'll just be faster.. Sony didn't spend much time on their GPU features..

mental man the ps3 hasn't and will never have better graphics than the 360 >.< It'll just be faster.. Sony didn't spend much time on their GPU features..

I beg to differ. I've played a 360 and I own a ps3 and if you think that 360 has better graphics your wrong! the 360 graphics are good, but the ps3 graphics are epic.

your right about the speed though,,,,ps3's are much quicker. and before you say what most 360 fans say (gears of war) it only looks good because they used texture streaming or something. thats cool but it takes longer to load and takes up far more space on your hard drive. the 360's capabilitys are being shown right now, whereas in years to come the ps3 will be improving.

PS3 runs some awesome and great looking games: resistance fall of man (which the mags ranked it better then gears of war)and its sequel this year, uncharted, ratchet and clank, UT3, Madden, motorstorm, tigerwoods08, cod4, guitar heros, gta4, darkness, heavenly sword, raindow six vegas. burnout, Metalgearsolid, killzone2, starwars forceunleashed, borthers in arms hells highway, badcompany, kane and lynch, turok.........granted most of these titles are also on the 360 too. Plus the release of the upcoming "playstation Home" will take online player communities to a wholenother level

the ps3s sixaxis controller is one of its greatest attributes, its small and sleek, the bluetooth range is incredable- playing this bowling game i downloaded from the PS store u use the control and swing it liek u would an actual bowling ball. theres a car driving game where u rotate teh controller like a steering wheel. plus coming this year theyre adding the rumble back into it.

the only online lag i encountered was with COD4, which was only minor, plus its always free to playonline. and i love downloading 1080 res. movie/game trailers.

the PS3 and psp connectivity is awesome, i was in Gran turk over the summer and was listening to music i had stored on my ps3 from the psp, i even sent pictures between the two.

the new "eye toy" looks realy interesting, in teh future its even gonna be used to track u real time movements to u character movents in the games (im not talking about some stupid tennis games, but RPGs or FPSs)

the 360 is marketed as "gaming on a budget" and is targeted to teenagers- from its cartoonish design and relatively cheaper price, a highschool or college kid can easly afford one then if they get more money they can add hd players/memory. (why is the 360 able to run HD games but not HD movies)....same as the Wii, everyone has one (if u can get ur hands on one), cause theyre cheap and fun. the PS3 is like "yes Im expensive, if u cant/dont wnat to afford me, buy a 360" i bought mine at $700+ with no regrets, and since its price has dropped its been selling alot more to those teens, and taking business away from teh 360..........thats all i have to say about that

edit: its estimated that the PS3 can also be upgraded by %40, enhancing its capabilities by series of free firmware/hardware downloads

Edited by Billg11785