Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#6856    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View Postbee, on 11 February 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

there is a hell of a lot more money to be made....and is made, by orthodox Egyptology (etc) than any of the AA stuff....

careers and belief systems are also at stake....the status quo will always close ranks when threatened...

quite true.. but at least on that side the people actually do research.. spent years at uni.. the whole thing..

they havent decided 'its to hard to do actual study, you know what.. I'll say aliens did it' big difference..

#6857    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,177 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 11 February 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Now, did I say either of those things? I just think that some of the ideas are interesting, or would be interesting if they were true. Or even if they weren't true, they're still interesting, hypothetically. That doesn't necessarily mean that I endorse them, but neither does it mean that I necessarily dismiss it all out of hand.

BTW, thats such a brilliantly ambiguous way to state your case. You should be a politician, they talk like that all the time!

(No offecnce intended, its a great paragraph!)  Covering every base! :tu:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6858    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,103 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 February 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Better to expose the truth surely than perpetuate falsehoods.  That's the principle at stake here.

yes.. yes it is..

#6859    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• 1,103 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 11 February 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

hey, it might explain those carvings (not just here but in other places as well) of what some people think were Astronauts in spacesuits and things! Maybe they were workmen wearing hazard protection suits! Trouble is, does that cofirm or disprove the Ancient Astronaut theory? it's a tricky one. :unsure2:

hmm well when you look at modern nuke power stations.. the majority of the work is done by remote control.. to eliminate the human element.. unless the aliens didnt really give a rats about the workers..

#6860    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostHarte, on 11 February 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

There is testimoney to the gold found in the GP given to us by the first person to get inside since Egypt fell under Roman rule- Arabs under the Caliph  Al Mamoun.  It was already quoted in this thread what they found.

Ignoring it, of course, manufactures this "mystery."

Harte

Gold is a well known shield against radioactivity.

Posted Image

#6861    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,102 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 February 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Yes.  Especially since it is so much more common, and therefore cheaper, than lead.  And, as we all know, it is very important to shield the dead against nuclear radiation.  I mean, that's where zombies come from, after all.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#6862    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 11 February 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Now, did I say either of those things? I just think that some of the ideas are interesting, or would be interesting if they were true. Or even if they weren't true, they're still interesting, hypothetically. That doesn't necessarily mean that I endorse them, but neither does it mean that I necessarily dismiss it all out of hand.

They are very interesting indeed and it puts a whole new perspective on religion, human purpose, evolution and just about everything.

The logistical evidence is compelling.  The implications disturbing.

Haven't had time to review any posts; will try to look at some tomorrow.

See you later

Z

Posted Image

#6863    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,177 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 February 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

The implications disturbing.

haha.. :yes: ....  only  paranoid morons get disturbed.

Edited by seeder, 11 February 2013 - 10:05 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6864    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 February 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

Is it?

I thought it was lead.

#6865    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

OK, lead is just a little bit better than gold concerning shielding:

http://www.madsci.or...39328.Eg.r.html

#6866    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

View Postseeder, on 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

haha.. :yes: ....  only  paranoid morons get disturbed.

Let's try to be civil.

I do know how hard it is in these discussions.

Edited by Abramelin, 11 February 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#6867    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,177 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 February 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

OK, lead is just a little bit better than gold concerning shielding:

http://www.madsci.or...39328.Eg.r.html

easier to find and process?

#6868    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postseeder, on 11 February 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

easier to find and process?

Lead is lots cheaper than gold, that I know.

But how about the amount readily available? Egypt was not South America where gold was quite easy to find and mine.

#6869    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

View Postzoser, on 11 February 2013 - 08:23 AM, said:

It still struggles to better the GP is precision and scale.

To get an idea of the precision that went into the construction of the Great Pyramid and the delicacy of the parameters mentioned above, consider its alignment to the 4 cardinal points. The meridian running through the Great Pyramid deviates from the perfect North-South meridian by 3 arc minutes (3/60 part of a degree). With all our modern technology this precision couldn’t even be achieved in the construction of the Greenwich Observatory in London that marks the Prime Meridian of the world with an inaccuracy of 9 arc minutes and is therefore three times less accurate than the Great Pyramid!

A total enigma you see.  

I see, but I do not see an enigma, I see some lied about being an engineer, that is all. This prop will not tolerate 3/60 part of a degree error. It will unbalance the shaft, which will put extreme pressure on the crank rods, and shorten the life of the motors, if not bring them to a halt. Each angle on each leaf is perfect, and they do not deviate so much as a millimetre from their deign paramaters, the shaft hole is perfect precision that allows space that is calculated to allow a sliver of lubricant over the shaft. Far smoother and more accurate than any single "hole" you have shown from PP. One speck of rust, and the whole thing could begin to come undone, and this thing has to operate in Sea Water, and guide a monstrosity across those very meridians you mention above as opposed to just siting in one place. One arc minute coud mean a coral reef and a huge loss.

Far more precise, far more complex, superior workmanship and miles in front on the technical aspects. And it's just a bit of a boat.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#6870    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 11 February 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

Well, according to many, any belief in "God" automatically disqualifies one from being any kind of credible scientist or philosopher, because one is either a brainwashed drone who is the enemy of free thinking, or a gullible & superstitious fool. So it makes it doubly ironic to see religious beliefs being used to diminish the credibility of a skeptical argument.

Indeed it is, how much science is actually in creation science? That alone should be enough to understand what is going on.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who