Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Frightening video footage

Barton Mansion

I have come across a well made documentary on DVD about a frightening event that occurred in September of 2001 in Redlands, Ca. The footage shows a very clear and large apparition emerging from a small alcove in an old southern style mansion. The mansion has a history of haunts and some sinister events. The name of the house is the Barton Mansion. Has anyone heard of this? The video seems authentic and very eerie. Thanks!

http://www.bartonmansion.com

the video page

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hoagy

• snuffypuffer

• Barton Mansion

• NME_locus

why do ghosts get to be on TV. Moe wants to be on TV !!! Moe is real !!!!

wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gifblink.gif

The video applet didn't load for me..Now I'll never know.. crying.gif

They could do with some braver investigators

original.gif

Well, its a creepy story, and very good pics and stuff, on the site. But after watching the video about 5 times, and pausing it, when the "ghost" appeared, I have to say, it looks rather fake to me.

It almost looked like the ghost was just coming out of the bathroom or something, you know causually, (with a latern?), and looked almost as shocked to see the people with the camera, as they were to see him.

I don't know my opinion is, its fake. But hey, I wasn't there, I'll never know unless I am there.

They could do with some braver investigators

Haha! My thought exactly!

Edited by odinsgrl

I used to live in Running Springs california, and we went to redlands all the time. beautiful little town by the university. Nice place, and lots of older homes.

The site is very nicely done, but in my opinion the video is fake. Very Blair Witch-ish style which I like, but very staged.

The lantern being held by the ghost is a bit cliche don't you think? The first thing that came to mind when I saw it was that it looked like about half of the ghosts that appear in Scooby-Do episodes. Whatever works I guess...

Good luck selling your dvd's. thumbsup.gif

Edited by fluffybunny

We are not trying to sell the DVD. I am offering them to those that are interesed in this type of thing at the cost of shipping and the cost of the DVD. We just want to get feedback from the public on what they think. Obviously the short clips on the internet are not going to give the entire event justice. If anyone is interested please email me at my hotmail account until the BartonMansion email is working.

samadams1976@hotmail.com

Please give us your thoughts on the events. We have been studing the events and history of the home for two years now and still have no concrete answers. The "Legend" page of the web site may give some ideas as to whats going on. The house was built over the old cemetery of the mission next door.

Well if you aren't tryign to sell the dvd, why make one? dontgetit.gif I mean sure, if it happened, it's a terrifying and spooky experience but it just seems a little too.... unconnected? Indian graves and the monster that turns up is 7ft tall with horns? I'm no expert on anything supernatural, just seems a little... weird thats all.... dontgetit.gif

The house was built over the old cemetery of the mission next door.

When will folks learn that it is never a good idea to build a house over burial grounds?

It is just asking for trouble in my opinion.

You have a very nice site. I enjoyed visiting it.

We are not trying to sell the DVD. I am offering them to those that are interesed in this type of thing at the cost of shipping and the cost of the DVD. We just want to get feedback from the public on what they think. Obviously the short clips on the internet are not going to give the entire event justice. If anyone is interested please email me at my hotmail account until the BartonMansion email is working.

I thought spamming was not allowed on UM.

...maybe its just me.... huh.gif

After the events of September 18-19, 2001 we showed our friends and family the video. The story spread around and we had people hitting us up for copies all the time. After a while it died out, but the 3 of us kept an interest open and kept the research up. I went to web school and my final project was to build a web site, so I decided on doing one on the Barton Mansion. The idea of a DVD came from the fact that taking the original digital tape and dumping it on VHS tape made for a crappy copy that was hard to see anything on. Remember, this was shot in "Night Vision". So I tinkered around with a DVD program for about 6 months after work here and there and finally finished it about two months ago. It's not like we are trying to sell anything. I just want people that find an interest in the story and the video clips a chance of seeing the whole thing. What other way is there? Sorry if this is offensive to any of you out there.

all I saw was a bunch of guys peeing themselves as they ran on one of the clips laugh.gif

When I first saw the video, I couldn't see a thing, exept the guys that were running down the stairs. Then I view the film in slow motion, I could see something. But sorry, to me it's a fake story. The legend : "It was build on a Indian cemetery" Ho no come on guys it's been told lots of time and the video seems like the BlairWitch Project.

Fair enough. But, it still doesn't seem right. Why would the fact that the house was built on an Indian gravesite produce a 7ft tall monster with horns? huh.gif No sense to me... However kudos on the site- tis very well made thumbsup.gif

Woah! Not sure if its real or not...its kinda Nosferato, no?

It freaked me the first time though wink2.gif

Oh pooh!!!!!!!!!!

Why wont it let me watch it???????

It just sits there and wont play!!!!!!

*pouts*

Hammy x x x

hammy, make sure you have the quicktime plugin installed

asfor the tape....im not sure what to think....coincince that the ghost came out just as they went to look at that door? looked like he was wearing a sheet......but looked as if though he had some freaky look on his face.......

stupid wimpy investigators shouls have gone to get an interview

"

investigator : hi, so erm *quivvers* youre the..g.h.ost *gulps*

ghost: disgust.gif

investigator : erm....so..hows life..i mean death...*looks at cameramen who are slowly backing away*

ghost: disgust.gif

investigator: soo...erm..youre a ghost...that mean you died *shakes* care to tell the viewers about your death *looks at cameramen who have run off leaving the camera on the floor...still taping*

ghost: *looks at inversigator* right mate...thats double fee now...i wasnt told about an interview

"

Frey,

ghost: *looks at inversigator* right mate...thats double fee now...i wasnt told about an interview

Actually, now that you brought that up.. I think ghosts should be paid double time, If a man works the hours of darkness he gets double time and many ghosts only work during the night so they should get double time to...

They should also get danger money.. many ghosts are invisible and could get injured by people walking into them........

Am gonna set up a commitee to look into better pay and working conditions for ghosts....

Teddy. *who goes off to put silly head back and look for a sensible one*

Fair enough. But, it still doesn't seem right. Why would the fact that the house was built on an Indian gravesite produce a 7ft tall monster with horns? huh.gif No sense to me... However kudos on the site- tis very well made thumbsup.gif

There is a lot of info on the Barton Mansion available on the internet that will show that the guy who built the mansion, Ben Barton, bought an old mission that is about 100 yards to the South of where the mansion was built in 1857 from some Mormons. The local Serano Indians worked the mission and were like slaves in those days. They had a special cemetery that was unmarked to the North side of the mission just for the indians. When Ben decided to build the mansion around 1859, he liked the area where the indian cemetary was the best due to the wonderful view of the San Bernardino Mountains to the North. Also, all the bricks used in the mansion were fired there on the spot from the red, Redlands soil. I know every horror story is similar but we are dealing with the real deal. If you go to the "Images" page of the web site you will see photos of the mission next door. It's actually an "Asistencia" rather than a mission, a sub mission between the bigger missions.

Ben Barton was around 6' 11". So your guess is as good as anyone elses.???

Thanks for the comments!

I saw a figure, in what looked like a bed sheet in the third opening (door) seen in the video.

I saw the clip of I guess two or three men in the mansion is that the one that you were talking about? And then I went to the link called "Smiley Woods" and then it said it was under construction. Going back to the clip in the mansion very Blaire Witch, they could have seen, a mouse, you remember the Blair Witch Movies? Yeah and I really don't care to see the ceiling and the floor all I care about it what's ahead of me for brave men they sure run fast! whistling2.gif And as for the ghost at the end of the hallway didn't see it seeing how the men ran off.

Edited by Cuda

Guest Lottie

LOL!!! I watched the video. What makes it highly suspicious is that the camera caught the'ghost' for maybe a second and then they ran off screaming.

If someone who is apparently an investigator truly saw a Ghost in front of them then surely you would keep the video on that ghost and get as much footage as possible, rather than running away, however frightened the person was. I would love nothing more than to capture a Ghost on film and no I would not run off screaming. I am not scared like that. If anyone is going to believe a person there needs to be more than a second of footage.

The Ghost looks nothing more than the lights from the torches on the wall producing shadows and a weird glow that the eye could possibly perceive as a figure.

I have to say , If its a fake its a good fake cool.gif

Very spine tingling why not show pics of the veiny Meat in the circle ?

I have had some of this checked out , Other than somone dressed up its real.

Also its not a ghost its a solid object as best as i can tell , Have you anymore pics ?