Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

The 23 Enigma

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#166    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postsongminh239, on 03 May 2013 - 04:05 AM, said:

this is why im freaking out: my birthday is on september 23rd, my dad's birthday is on march 23rd, my sister's birthday is januaary 23rd, my mom's birthday is on may 18th which is (5+18=23), the love of my life's birthday is on november 23rd, my rival was also born on september 23rd. i heard about the 23 enigma today from my teacher and i flipped out. this is crazy!!

You won't get a reply from the previous posters since the post before yours was more than 2 years old.

There is no 23 enigma.  It is a combination of playing with numbers to come up with 23 and coincidence.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#167    hauntedinsc

hauntedinsc

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Sounds like your quite ocd about the number 23 a lot of ocd people seem to grasp onto one number and put way too much meaning into it. Some will lock a door a certain number of times and do it repeatedly in every instance or wipe down a table and use a certain number of seconds or even circular motions of the rag and only feel its completely clean after that certain number of wipes or whatever. Doesn't mean there is anything special about that number or that the person is right or wrong its just like a computer or dvd player malfunctioning and Playing one part of something over and over doesn't mean ill start predicting some horrific accident just because my CD-ROM player skipped my favorite song 5 or 6 times. I think some peoples minds just try to over analyze things possibly from shear boredom that's I read and do crafts or just mess around on sites like these. It keeps my mind stimulated and I don't easily get bored.

#168    TheRomanianWacko

TheRomanianWacko

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Hey guys! Check this out! I'm from Romania and my country was created on 24th of January 1859= =24.01.1859   24-1=23/1+8+5+9=23

#169    theotherguy

theotherguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,409 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

Just checked out the UM calendar for July, August, and September 2014. July 23 has a fairly high number of birthdays, but not the most, as does September 23. August 23 has the fewest birthdays of any day in August. Assuming that the people who announce their birthdays represent a usable random sample of birthdays, this hurts the 23 enigma theory.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#170    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:19 AM

Well, I put the theory to the test.  Dug into a bag of cashews and grabbed a handful, counted them as I ate them and came up with 19.  Nope, 23 is not the magic number, the magic number is 19. :whistle: ;)

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#171    sophiabrooks272

sophiabrooks272

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

okay, the negative comments are wrong. it isn't just a number and it's not fake. some people have superstitions about things such as numbers. the 23 enigma is part of a conspiracy. I find the whole thing ironic. There is TONS more to 23 than the comments from these other people realize. 23 is not just a number. just like 666 isn't just a number. there is a meaning behind it. and this one isn't small. it's complex. gosh. people can be so ignorant. if you aren't interested in the topic or you think it's fake, then get off the freaking page! it's not that hard. the 23 enigma is real.

Edited by sophiabrooks272, 12 May 2015 - 11:15 PM.

#172    Lugal

Lugal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 72 posts

• Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:50 AM

View Postsophiabrooks272, on 12 May 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

okay, the negative comments are wrong. it isn't just a number and it's not fake. some people have superstitions about things such as numbers. the 23 enigma is part of a conspiracy. I find the whole thing ironic. There is TONS more to 23 than the comments from these other people realize. 23 is not just a number. just like 666 isn't just a number. there is a meaning behind it. and this one isn't small. it's complex. gosh. people can be so ignorant. if you aren't interested in the topic or you think it's fake, then get off the freaking page! it's not that hard. the 23 enigma is real.

Care to explain how? Saying its real and complex doesn't make it true

Im not saying your wrong I'm just curious

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

#173    theotherguy

theotherguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,409 posts

• Just trying to get my post count up...

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:58 AM

sophiabrooks272, on 12 May 2015 - 11:08 PM, said:

I can only speak from personal experience, but I have not noticed any special significance to the number 23. Indeed, if there is any number that I have noticed having particular meaning to me and my life, it's 8. What is the significance of 23? What does it symbolize? If it's a conspiracy, who are the conspirators? Like Lugal, I have no reason to doubt you. I simply have nothing to connect it to as it pertains to life in general or me in particular.

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny..."  --Isaac Asimov

Conspiracy theorists are created by the government to distract us from what they're really doing!!!! Or not.

#174    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,583 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

It's called shoehorning. You take the evidence and dress it up so that it appears to support your conclusion. Doesn't help that a lot of the claims in the OP are wrong.

#175    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,752 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

Also given the bazillions of folks who exist and the often huge numbers of birthdays and special days they can cherry pick from, especially when you can cheat and add/subtract/multiply/divide two numbers together, what are the chances that some of them will have a lot of occurrences of some number in their lives?  

Very, very high.  And that is the underpinning of numerology, which, frankly, does not deserve the scientific sounding name.  It's rubbish.

I should go through all my 'special' numbers and see what I can come up with.  Except I won't be bothering as I have a life to lead...

My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - ChrLzs

The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - ChrLzs

#176    Shouldthisexist

Shouldthisexist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:26 PM

So now we are to assume that anything that you don't like or agree with is wrong? The number 23 is like any other number it may hold significance to you or another person but that doesn't make it a magical number. First off anytime you have to add subtract divide or multiply then it shouldn't be able to apply cause you had to manufacture the 23. Also the statement to leave this forum shows that you dont understand this site.

From what I have seen um is designed to help people solve problems/mysteries. Everyone is entitled to their own oppinion be it right or wrong as long as you aren't insulting or harassing other members. We are able to learn things from the skeptics and the more open thinkers which we might not have thought of by ourselves. So by simply posting this topic the original op invited other peoples ideas and knowledge.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users