Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

White House knew 2 hrs after attack started


  • Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#151    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,671 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

View Postjoc, on 02 November 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

I know this is going to surprise you...but Drudge is my home page.  I don't listen to Mainstream Media.  I get my news from Drudge, Rush, Hannity, and The Great One, Mark Levin.  But, I do hear what the media says because Rush is always playing a 'montaj' of sound bites...and they all say the same thing...it doesn't matter ABC, NBC, it doesn't matter they ALL say the same thing...and whatever they say is the same thing that comes out of the White House press room.  It isn't arguable...it is just a fact....BUT..

I will tell you WHAT  I DON'T LIKE ABOUT DRUDGE...he has a tendency to Tilt a story to the Right even if it isn't.  It is the headlines...and I know Headlines are meant to capture your attention and get you to read the story and there is an art to them and all that...but a lot of times the headlines ARE blatant falsehoods, and when you read the story it doesn't jive at all with the headline.

An example of Drudge exaggeration:

OBAMA LEFT THEM BEHIND: HUNGRY DUMPSTER DIVING IN NYC
Posted Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An example of MSNBC exaggeration:

VIDEO SHOWS BUSH GOT EXPLICIT KATRINA WARNING
Posted Image

In both cases the headline is blatantly falsely accusatory, aimed at the 'base'.  The Drudge link is to NBC and says nothing about blaming Obama.  The MSNBC link shows a video of a briefing Bush received about Katrina.   The only one's damning Bush in the link was MSNBC itself.  There was nothing outrageous about the video.

So...the game is played on both sides...all of it meant to sell news.  We just have to be rational and know that Bush did everything he could do, which, given the circumstances of Katrina was...not much.  And...Obama is doing everything that he can do, which, given the circumstances of Sandy is...not much.

People...you have to be SMARTER than the Media thinks we are!

Election not withstanding...I'm getting pretty fed up with SPIN...from both sides....that was what FOX news was supposed to be...YOU decide...but now it's all the same game no matter where you go.

Edited by joc, 02 November 2012 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#152    Dredimus

Dredimus

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Huntsville, Al

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

View Postjoc, on 02 November 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

I know this is going to surprise you...but Drudge is my home page.  I don't listen to Mainstream Media.  I get my news from Drudge, Rush, Hannity, and The Great One, Mark Levin.  But, I do hear what the media says because Rush is always playing a 'montaj' of sound bites...and they all say the same thing...it doesn't matter ABC, NBC, it doesn't matter they ALL say the same thing...and whatever they say is the same thing that comes out of the White House press room.  It isn't arguable...it is just a fact....BUT..

I will tell you WHAT  I DON'T LIKE ABOUT DRUDGE...he has a tendency to Tilt a story to the Right even if it isn't.  It is the headlines...and I know Headlines are meant to capture your attention and get you to read the story and there is an art to them and all that...but a lot of times the headlines ARE blatant falsehoods, and when you read the story it doesn't jive at all with the headline.

   If you have seen anything I have posted, you know I am a conservative/republican. However, your statement above gives the rest of us a bad name. I can understand reading over Drudge... however... Rush and Levin are two of the biggest problems we have in conservative media... the tilt/slant they apply to every thing and the cherry picking they do only makes things much worse than they actually are. Rush's arrogance is beyond deplorable. I suggest that you branch out your media intake... learn what others are thinking and get to the heart of a few facts instead of listening to everything that is right wing. Check out a few news outlets from across the pond... you may be suprised to see the facts they gather.

  We cannot fight this battle if not informed properly and if you take in everything with a spin attached to it you will only get dizzy and start babbling nonsense.


#153    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,671 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostDredimus, on 02 November 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

   If you have seen anything I have posted, you know I am a conservative/republican. However, your statement above gives the rest of us a bad name. I can understand reading over Drudge... however... Rush and Levin are two of the biggest problems we have in conservative media... the tilt/slant they apply to every thing and the cherry picking they do only makes things much worse than they actually are. Rush's arrogance is beyond deplorable. I suggest that you branch out your media intake... learn what others are thinking and get to the heart of a few facts instead of listening to everything that is right wing. Check out a few news outlets from across the pond... you may be suprised to see the facts they gather.

  We cannot fight this battle if not informed properly and if you take in everything with a spin attached to it you will only get dizzy and start babbling nonsense.
You are entitled to your opinion of course...but I totally disagree with your take on Rush!

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#154    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 34,016 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

In related news:

NY Times said:


C.I.A. Played Major Role Fighting Militants in Libya Attack

WASHINGTON — Security officers from the C.I.A. played a pivotal role in combating militants who attacked the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, deploying a rescue party from a secret base in the city, sending reinforcements from Tripoli, and organizing an armed Libyan military convoy to escort the surviving Americans to hastily chartered planes that whisked them out of the country, senior intelligence officials said Thursday.

The account given by the senior officials, who did not want to be identified, provided the most detailed description to date of the C.I.A.’s role in Benghazi, a covert presence that appears to have been much more significant than publicly disclosed.

Within 25 minutes of being alerted to the attack against the diplomatic mission, half a dozen C.I.A. officers raced there from their base about a mile away, enlisting the help of a handful of Libyan militia fighters as they went. Arriving at the mission about 25 minutes after that, the C.I.A. officers joined State Department security agents in a futile search through heavy smoke and enemy fire for Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens before evacuating the mission’s personnel to the apparent safety of their base, which American officials have called an annex to the mission. Mr. Stevens was one of four Americans killed in the attack.

Read more

So much for the FOX accounts of the story.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#155    Dredimus

Dredimus

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Huntsville, Al

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 02 November 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

In related news:



So much for the FOX accounts of the story.

Very odd how none of this was mentioned in the Oct. 9 background briefing to reporters... it tells a very different story. I really dont care who said it was an act of terror or when... I do care that little to no help was sent to them in a timely manner... I do care that we lost more American lives that day that could have been saved. I do care that before this attack happened they requested more security and were denied... I do care that it was known that an attack was coming. The brits and Red Cross both pulled out just days before this went down. Im no conspiracy theorist by any means, but this story DOES NOT add up.

Benghazi Attack Timeline:

Quote

3 p.m.: Ambassador Stevens retires to his bedroom for the evening. (See Oct. 9 briefing.)
Approximately 3:40 p.m. A security agent at the Benghazi compound hears “loud noises” coming from the front gate and “gunfire and an explosion.” A senior State Department official at the Oct. 9 briefing says that “the camera on the main gate reveals a large number of people – a large number of men, armed men, flowing into the compound.”
About 4 p.m.: This is the approximate time of attack that was given to reporters at a Sept. 12 State Department background briefing. An administration official identified only as “senior administration official one” provides an official timeline of events at the consulate, but only from the time of the attack — not prior to the attack. The official says, “The compound where our office is in Benghazi began taking fire from unidentified Libyan extremists.” (Six of the next seven entries in this timeline — through 8:30 p.m. EDT — all come from the Sept. 12 briefing. The exception being the 6:07 p.m. entry, which comes from Reuters.)
About 4:15 p.m.: “The attackers gained access to the compound and began firing into the main building, setting it on fire. The Libyan guard force and our mission security personnel responded. At that time, there were three people inside the building: Ambassador Stevens, one of our regional security officers, and Information Management Officer Sean Smith.”
Between 4:15 p.m.-4:45 p.m.: Sean Smith is found dead.
About 4:45 p.m.: “U.S. security personnel assigned to the mission annex tried to regain the main building, but that group also took heavy fire and had to return to the mission annex.”
About 5:20 p.m.: “U.S. and Libyan security personnel … regain the main building and they were able to secure it.”
Around 6 p.m.: “The mission annex then came under fire itself at around 6 o’clock in the evening our time, and that continued for about two hours. It was during that time that two additional U.S. personnel were killed and two more were wounded during that ongoing attack.”
6:07 p.m.: The State Department’s Operations Center sends an email to the White House, Pentagon, FBI and other government agencies that said Ansar al-Sharia has claimed credit for the attack on its Facebook and Twitter accounts. (The existence of the email was not disclosed until Reuters reported it on Oct. 24.)
About 8:30 p.m.: “Libyan security forces were able to assist us in regaining control of the situation. At some point in all of this – and frankly, we do not know when – we believe that Ambassador Stevens got out of the building and was taken to a hospital in Benghazi. We do not have any information what his condition was at that time. His body was later returned to U.S. personnel at the Benghazi airport.”

LINK


#156    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,905 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

View PostMerc14, on 02 November 2012 - 03:44 AM, said:

Drudge broke the Lewinsky story wide open

wow. something to be proud of there. a presidential bj.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#157    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,905 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

View PostDredimus, on 02 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Very odd how none of this was mentioned in the Oct. 9 background briefing to reporters...

the cia is covert. Trying to maintain a low profile. It's blown now of course.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#158    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,671 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

Quote

Quote

NY Times said:


C.I.A. Played Major Role Fighting Militants in Libya Attack

WASHINGTON — Security officers from the C.I.A. played a pivotal role in combating militants who attacked the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, deploying a rescue party from a secret base in the city, sending reinforcements from Tripoli, and organizing an armed Libyan military convoy to escort the surviving Americans to hastily chartered planes that whisked them out of the country, senior intelligence officials said Thursday.

The account given by the senior officials, who did not want to be identified, provided the most detailed description to date of the C.I.A.’s role in Benghazi, a covert presence that appears to have been much more significant than publicly disclosed.

Within 25 minutes of being alerted to the attack against the diplomatic mission, half a dozen C.I.A. officers raced there from their base about a mile away, enlisting the help of a handful of Libyan militia fighters as they went. Arriving at the mission about 25 minutes after that, the C.I.A. officers joined State Department security agents in a futile search through heavy smoke and enemy fire for Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens before evacuating the mission’s personnel to the apparent safety of their base, which American officials have called an annex to the mission. Mr. Stevens was one of four Americans killed in the attack.

Read more




So much for the FOX accounts of the story.
Besides you...who gives a damn what the New York Slime says?  It doesn't change a thing...Your marvelous, thrill running up my leg, Obama shurked his responsiblity as Commander of the Armed Forces.  He should resign in disgrace...but what is he doing while people are starving and miserable in NY and NJ...campaigning...seriously ..how can you or anyone else admire and respect this absolute waste of human flesh of a president?
I'm signing off before I get banned...I am so pissed right now...at Obama, and you, and all the other mfers who support this guy.  Shame on you all.  You can't see the forest of lies because you are part of the forest.  Go ahead and lie for him...go ahead...it's all over Tuesday and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.
Peace/Out

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#159    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,905 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:17 AM

View Postjoc, on 03 November 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Besides you...who gives a damn what the New York Slime says?  It doesn't change a thing..

actually it does. It shows the forest of lies fox news created.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#160    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,932 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:53 AM

View Postjoc, on 03 November 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Besides you...who gives a damn what the New York Slime says?  It doesn't change a thing...Your marvelous, thrill running up my leg, Obama shurked his responsiblity as Commander of the Armed Forces.  He should resign in disgrace...but what is he doing while people are starving and miserable in NY and NJ...campaigning...seriously ..how can you or anyone else admire and respect this absolute waste of human flesh of a president?
I'm signing off before I get banned...I am so pissed right now...at Obama, and you, and all the other mfers who support this guy.  Shame on you all.  You can't see the forest of lies because you are part of the forest.  Go ahead and lie for him...go ahead...it's all over Tuesday and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it.
Peace/Out

I'm guessing you didn't read any news in the past few days. Otherwise you would know that Obama ending his campaign and made a point of cutting through the red tape to ensure aid got to people faster, earning the praise of some Republicans. That while he has restarted his campaign so has Romney.

And again the investigation is still ongoing. You have zero proof, none but your own bias, that Obama did anything personally wrong. Yet you act as if Obama personally murdered people and then skull ****ed them in front of children.

Yes it will be over on Tuesday and thankfully it's looking like it'll be an Obama victory. Which is good because the GOP is way too crazy right now to be given the keys.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#161    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 4,028 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

View Postninjadude, on 02 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

wow. something to be proud of there. a presidential bj.

Perjury.  Get it right.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#162    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 4,028 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

View PostCorp, on 03 November 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

I'm guessing you didn't read any news in the past few days. Otherwise you would know that Obama ending his campaign and made a point of cutting through the red tape to ensure aid got to people faster, earning the praise of some Republicans. That while he has restarted his campaign so has Romney.

And again the investigation is still ongoing. You have zero proof, none but your own bias, that Obama did anything personally wrong. Yet you act as if Obama personally murdered people and then skull ****ed them in front of children.

Yes it will be over on Tuesday and thankfully it's looking like it'll be an Obama victory. Which is good because the GOP is way too crazy right now to be given the keys.

I think it is wonderful he finally figured out that you need to get the government out of the way.  regardless, it isn't working. What is happening up there is a nightmare and the press is trying to ignore it but that will fail.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#163    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,671 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

View PostCorp, on 03 November 2012 - 02:53 AM, said:

I'm guessing you didn't read any news in the past few days. Otherwise you would know that Obama ending his campaign and made a point of cutting through the red tape to ensure aid got to people faster, earning the praise of some Republicans. That while he has restarted his campaign so has Romney.

And again the investigation is still ongoing. You have zero proof, none but your own bias, that Obama did anything personally wrong. Yet you act as if Obama personally murdered people and then skull ****ed them in front of children.

Yes it will be over on Tuesday and thankfully it's looking like it'll be an Obama victory. Which is good because the GOP is way too crazy right now to be given the keys.

Oh...I read the news alright!


Drivers Waiting For 6 Hours At Midtown Gas Station

Staten Islanders On Sandy Response: We’ve Been Left FAR Behind

Non Union Electric Crews turned away by Unions In New Jersey

Concerns raised over possible exploitation of mentally disabled voters

Active service members upset over removal from voting rolls

‘Let’s Win This Motherfu**er!’: Special Assistant To The President Delivers Shock Speech at DNC National Headquarters

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#164    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 7,771 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

and what did Romney do? Nothing


#165    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,671 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 03 November 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

and what did Romney do? Nothing

What?   Romney doesn't head FEMA...yet!   Romney is not the President of the United States of America...yet!

So, you can't blame Bush for this one...now, you want to blame Romney??  Geeeeez..... LMAO

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users