Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Players wont play if Rush Limbaugh owns

THE MATRIX

Mathias Kiwanuka loves his former defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, but the Giants' defensive end says he will never play for Spagnuolo's Rams if Rush Limbaugh purchases the team.

Kiwanuka and the Jets' Bart Scott made it clear Thursday that they would never play for the Rams or any team owned by the controversial conservative radio host.

"All I know is from the last comment I heard, he said in (President) Obama's America, white kids are getting beat up on the bus while black kids are chanting 'right on,'" Kiwanuka told The Daily News. "I mean, I don't want anything to do with a team that he has any part of. He can do whatever he wants, it is a free country. But if it goes through, I can tell you where I am not going to play."

"I am not going to draw a conclusion from a person off of one comment, but when it is time after time after time and there's a consistent pattern of disrespect and just a complete misunderstanding of an entire culture that I am a part of, I can't respect him as a man."

Limbaugh said on Tuesday that he is joining former Knicks president and Madison Square Garden CEO Dave Checketts in a group bidding to purchase the Rams. Checketts, who owns the NHL's St. Louis Blues, is heading the group, reportedly one of many bidders. The potential sale is still in an early stage. If the Rams are sold, St. Louis will choose one bidding group, which will then be subject to a vote by the NFL's 32 owners, with approval needed by 24 of them.

Limbaugh's controversial comments are well-known. He resigned from ESPN in 2003 after he said the media were "very desirous that a black quarterback do well" in reference to Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb being overrated. "If he's rewarded to buy them, congratulations to him," McNabb said during his weekly press conference. "But I won't be in St. Louis anytime soon."

Scott says players remember what Limbaugh said, and adds that the NFL would be wise not to allow the nationally syndicated host into the league. "It's an oxymoron that he criticized Donovan McNabb," Scott said. "A lot of us took it as more of a racial-type thing. I can only imagine how his players would feel. I know I wouldn't want to play for him. He's a jerk. He's an ---. What he said (about McNabb) was inappropriate and insensitive, totally off-base. He could offer me whatever he wanted, I wouldn't play for him. ... I wouldn't play for Rush Limbaugh. My principles are greater and I can't be bought."

Limbaugh, who grew up in Missouri about 100 miles south of St. Louis, is an avid sports fan who once said that "the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons."

Kiwanuka cringes at the idea of Limbaugh becoming an NFL owner. "They are flat-out racist," Kiwanuka said of many of Limbaugh's statements. "He jumps on Obama and he jumps on other people for being racist. But a lot of the comments that he said, I feel like they have no place in journalism. It is just an opinion show that should be only be taken for shock value. I liken it to 'South Park' when I am listening to him."

"I love Spags and would play for him in a heartbeat, but under that situation ... obviously trades you have no control over, but if it was a free-agent thing, I wouldn't care if I only had one offer on the table, I would rather stay a free agent."

- With Rich Cimini

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/10/09/2009-10-09_black_nfl_players_crush_prospect_of_playing_for_a_rush_limbaughowned_st_louis_ra.html

I just hope that if he does buys the Rams, that no Black players will play for him. And I hope that his team will have consecutives winless seasons and become a laughing stock and bankrupting him. Or if black players do sign, they don't play as hard and are there just to collect a paycheck to just shove in Limbaugh's face.

I gives hands down to all the black players speaking out and their refusal to play for this racist jerk that had to put up with all the racist crap that this guy spews out each day.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• InHuman

• Harte

• preacherman76

Im a hard core Giants fan, and got nothing but love for Kiwi. But he is full of crap. He already has his millions.

Well...that's one thing good about America...they don't have to play...they can go to another team...retire...flip burgers....or start their own team or league...the same system that made them the money they made can also give them a choice in their lives.

I say ...let them go for it... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

seax B)

Agreed with sweetpumper.

Quit your b****ing and play the game.

Edited by fenris1011

Oh no. They're crying!

Big deal. Quite your blasted crying! Rush can OWN the Rams if he wants to.

Go ahead, stop playing, go play for another team. See if Rush cares.

I agree. What a bunch of whining pathetic cry baby football players. Complaining about ownership at the same time they're counting their bags full of loot.

Plus, I'm sure that all of the other NFL team owners aren't sweet, pure, "men of the cloth"

Gimme a break.

Im a hard core Giants fan, and got nothing but love for Kiwi. But he is full of crap. He already has his millions.

GO PATRIOTS lol ok stop laughing the Giants have a good team this year.

Who cares what Mathias Kiwanuka says I hope he buys the team. I think after another 3 years of Obama, Rush might own the NFL

I'd expect that if Don Imus bought a women's basketball team, some of the black players would probably threat to quit in that situation, too. Not really a shocker.

Edited by Startraveler

I'd expect that if Don Imus bought a women's basketball team, some of the black players would probably threat to quit in that situation, too. Not really a shocker.

Come on Startraveler...we have evolved far beyond that...remember one of the golden rules?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones... but words will never hurt me." :) Imus made a bad joke...like David Letterman ;) Rush...well..they just don't like his politics.

In the immortal words of Rodney King...."can't we just get along?"

seax B)

I say good for them !! a guaranteed losing team ! many will get rich betting against them !

I personally wouldn't work for the fat drug addicted limp panties in a twist lying Rush either ,

I say good for them !! a guaranteed losing team ! many will get rich betting against them !

I personally wouldn't work for the fat drug addicted limp panties in a twist lying Rush either ,

Now Ripley...be nice...children may be reading this.... :D

seax B)

Not likly. Steve Spagnola, thier head coach, is a defensive genius. He litteraly brought the Giants thier superbowl. The longer he's around, the better that teams going to be. Owners really dont get involved in the game, unless your Jerry Jones.

You wouldnt work for Rush (even if you hardly ever had to even see him) for say 5 million a year? :hmm:

Oh no. They're crying!

Rush would be pleased, hatred, bile and making people unhappy are his pleasures. Probably because he is not human but the result of a large pile of faeces being compacted.

Yeah it's all talk and show until you realize you under contract :P

Oh no. They're crying!

Wow, getting hostile are we?

They aren't saying he can't be allowed to own the team, just that they won't play for him.

No ones crying except probably glen beck (even tho he has no part in this story) because glen beck has such a deep seated hatred for black culture.

Also, fun fact, altho pro athletes do get paid ALOT, the average career for most players is around 4 seasons in the NFL... also, ALOT of athletes in sports such as hockey, MMA, and football suffer long term health problems because of all the concussions most of them suffer..

Good for them. That's what I call integrity.

It's almost unbelievable to me that these guys who are earning millions of bucks a year are willing to quit rather than be associated with that hate monger. There really are some good people out there.

Good for them. That's what I call integrity.

It's almost unbelievable to me that these guys who are earning millions of bucks a year are willing to quit rather than be associated with that hate monger. There really are some good people out there.

Its not almost unbelieveable, it IS unbelieveable. Kiwi would sign with them in a second, if it was his only choice. If it was a choice of go back to the Getto, or sign a multi million dollar contract, you best believe he'd sign it. He would be a fool not to. I dont agree with everything my boss believes, but im not going to starve over it.

Wow, getting hostile are we?

They aren't saying he can't be allowed to own the team, just that they won't play for him.

No ones crying except probably glen beck (even tho he has no part in this story) because glen beck has such a deep seated hatred for black culture.

Also, fun fact, altho pro athletes do get paid ALOT, the average career for most players is around 4 seasons in the NFL... also, ALOT of athletes in sports such as hockey, MMA, and football suffer long term health problems because of all the concussions most of them suffer..

I'm not. I just think that it's stupid that they're crying over this.

If it was someone else, they wouldn't be moaning and goaning about it.

Well, I don't know "much" about the NFL. :/

Wolfam: Awww. That sucks. I'll read it later when I'm off work.

Does nobody see the irony in an NFL player saying "I can't be bought?"

LOL

Harte

to be honest... I wouldn't work for him either.

Its not almost unbelieveable, it IS unbelieveable. Kiwi would sign with them in a second, if it was his only choice. If it was a choice of go back to the Getto, or sign a multi million dollar contract, you best believe he'd sign it. He would be a fool not to. I dont agree with everything my boss believes, but im not going to starve over it.

If he's good enough to get a multi million dollar offer then im sure the Rams wouldn't be his only choice.

Come one man, just because you wouldn't have a backbone in the case of that much money dosn't mean other people wont.

I love football, LETS GO COLTS!!!...

but back on topic, i can't be mad that people would refuse to play for him...he's a disgrace to all humans, from mocking Michael J Fox to now trying to stir racial tension by saying only "white" kids get beat up in Obama's world, i wouldn't play for him either.

To all you saying to shut up and just play, cut that s**t out, cause if hitler was alive and owned a team, you wouldn't play for them either, if any hate mongering person or just a scum of the earth person was in charge of any organization you'd feel the same way.