Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anonymous Avenges Aaron

regeneratia

Citizens of the world,

Anonymous has observed for some time now the trajectory of justice in the United States with growing concern. We have marked the departure of this system from the noble ideals in which it was born and enshrined. We have seen the erosion of due process, the dilution of constitutional rights, the usurpation of the rightful authority of courts by the "discretion" or prosecutors. We have seen how the law is wielded less and less to uphold justice, and more and more to exercise control, authority and power in the interests of oppression or personal gain.

What do you think?

What comes up in your head over this?

• Like 3

I fully support their action in this case. I don't know the full story behind Mr Swartz but by all accounts he was pushed to suicide by overzealous prosecutors who did it just because they could. This needs to end - NOW. If they have info that would embarrass or leave government officials open to legal liability then they should publish it - every word and image.

• Like 7

I fully support their action in this case. I don't know the full story behind Mr Swartz but by all accounts he was pushed to suicide by overzealous prosecutors who did it just because they could. This needs to end - NOW. If they have info that would embarrass or leave government officials open to legal liability then they should publish it - every word and image.

So they were punished by overzealous hackers who did it because they could? An angry mob would criticize prosecutors for not following the rule of law?

I have mixed feeling about anonymous but sometimes I fully in favor of what they claim to be able to do. Things like andthen just said. Sometimes they're just players though it seems. Like they always might release secret files of interest unless they get their way. Do they ever actually follow through with anything like that besides a hack and a warning? If they're on the side of right and they really have these secret files they ought to release them regardless. Any criminal activity within our government that can be exposed publicly and undoubtedly must be made into an example for all to see and be forewarned. It is our duty to expel this element if at all possible.

• Like 3

So they were punished by overzealous hackers who did it because they could? An angry mob would criticize prosecutors for not following the rule of law?

I believe there is a large difference between following the law and what happened in this case. There is latitude within our system and the discretion of prosecutors can become a vehicle for bullying and ruining lives at a whim of those in power. I stand to be corrected but I don't believe Mr Swartz physically or mentally harmed anyone with his alleged law breaking. I'm not a supporter of anonymous in general or for leakers for that matter. The case of Wiki Bradley Manning is a perfect example. I'm fully on board for his punishment for doing much the same thing that I am ADVOCATING in this case. Hypocritical? Maybe, but I don't see it that way. In his case my anger begins and ends with the uniform he was wearing under an oath when he committed the infraction. Had he been Joe six-pack I'd have had little problem with what he did. But then, Joe six-pack could never have had access to what Manning had to leak.
  • Like 1

I have to agree, to all parts but that it was suicide. I just don't know if it was or not. I do know the CIA fakes suicides. I do know that a person who has as much chi and bravery as Aaron did, that suicide wasn't an easy lie to sell. I know we are told a lot of stuff. But if that story doesn't have an internal ring of truth, I am just not going to believe the story, and will continue on to speculate several scenarios, always choosing to favor the first speculation that comes to mind. Had a professor once who taught me how to plug in the crap detector and power it up.

I have mixed feeling about anonymous but sometimes I fully in favor of what they claim to be able to do. Things like andthen just said. Sometimes they're just players though it seems. Like they always might release secret files of interest unless they get their way. Do they ever actually follow through with anything like that besides a hack and a warning? If they're on the side of right and they really have these secret files they ought to release them regardless. Any criminal activity within our government that can be exposed publicly and undoubtedly must be made into an example for all to see and be forewarned. It is our duty to expel this element if at all possible.

I also have misgivings about Anonymous. All thing pure eventually corrupt at some point. Especially when humans are involved. But for now, anything is acceptable that forces the DOJ to start actually prosecuting the criminals that seriously damaged this country, instead of taking money from them.

I call this trepidation I feel "cognitive dissonance", contradictory feelings and thoughts. While I seriously believe the DOJ needs to be called to public accounting, I am not sure that Anonymous can stay pure and true to US COnstitution and THE PEOPLE. I would love to believe they are and will stay what I HOPE they are. But I once had some small hope in Obama that has since completely dissipated with his actions and inactions.

Take into account this info (pl):

43 Trillion dollar lawsuit awaits Obama White House and banks

Read more at http://investmentwat...KEECthZ0OzVT.99

http://investmentwat...ouse-and-banks/

The wheels of justice grind slowly but they do grind after all.

Major players in the Obama White House have been targeted in a law suit by Spire Law Group who is responsible for recovering 43 trillion in laundered funds and racketeering that has been linked to major banks, crony capitalists, and government officials. This scheme based in New York will be party to the biggest federal government lawsuit in history. The government will attempt to recover 43 trillion in taxpayer’s funds disbursed during the 2009 bailout that totaled 787 billion to supposedly save the US financial markets from a massive collapse while funding infrastructure projects though out the US such as roads and bridges that were badly in need of repairs, yet only 6% of the money was ever used for such purposes.

And this: A MUST VIEW!!

http://www.pbs.org/w...d one to watch:

And this news at the PBS site provided above: THE LATEST (as of 24 Jan. 12)

Report: DOJ Criminal Chief Lanny Breuer Stepping Down

January 23, 2013, 6:04 pm ET · by Sarah Childress

Lanny Breuer is leaving his position as head of the Justice Department’s criminal division, The Washington Post reported Wednesday. As assistant attorney … Continue reading →

Did Wall St. Get Away With It? Live Chat Wed. 2 pm ET

January 22, 2013, 10:52 pm ET · by Nathan Tobey

Join us for a live chat on “The Untouchables” with producer Martin Smith and New York Times DealBook reporter Peter Eavis at 2pm ET on Wednesday, January 23rd. You can leave a question now.

Blowing the Whistle on the Mortgage Bubble

January 22, 2013, 9:44 pm ET · by Azmat Khan

Well before the 2008 financial meltdown, mortgage industry insiders discovered a ticking time-bomb that they say went up to the very top of Wall Street. What did they find? Who did they warn? And what happened to their warnings?

Too Big To Jail? The Top 10 Civil Cases Against the Banks

January 22, 2013, 9:44 pm ET · by Jason M. Breslow

In nearly every major legal case to emerge from the crisis, government prosecutors have won multi-million dollar settlements, but companies and officials have not been required to admit wrongdoing.

Were Bankers Jailed In Past Financial Crises?

January 22, 2013, 9:43 pm ET · by Jason M. Breslow

Not one Wall Street executive has been prosecuted for fraud related to the subprime crisis. How does that compare to past downturns?

Phil Angelides: Enforcement of Wall St. is “Woefully Broken”

January 22, 2013, 9:42 pm ET

The current system of enforcement in the financial services industry has done little to deter pervasive fraud, says the former chairman of the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission.

Lanny Breuer: Financial Fraud Has Not Gone Unpunished

January 22, 2013, 9:42 pm ET

Prosecutors are holding Wall Street to account for the financial crisis, but success should not be measured solely by the number of convictions to date, says the head of the Justice Department’s criminal division.

Ted Kaufman: Wall Street Prosecutions Never Made a Priority

January 22, 2013, 9:41 pm ET

The lack of high-level prosecutions from the financial crisis can be traced to the Obama administration’s ambivalence to upset the banks, the former U.S. senator told FRONTLINE.

As Deadlines Loom for Financial Crisis Cases, Prosecutors Weigh Their Options

January 22, 2013, 9:40 pm ET · by Jason M. Breslow

For more than four years, regulators have struggled to successfully prosecute a Wall Street bank or its executives for alleged misconduct during the financial crisis. Now, time may be running out.

“Fraud Was … the F-Bomb”

January 22, 2013, 10:29 am ET · by Jason M. Breslow

Well before the housing bubble burst, alarm bells were beginning to sound among key players in the mortgage industry: due diligence underwriters.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

It's only a pity the Angry Mob can't overthrow the PTB imo.

• Like 1

I fully support there actions. If all they left was a message that is massive restraint.

Memorials to fallen fighters of freedom come in many ways. This is one of our own.

http://themittani.co...ws/rip-vile-rat

addendum: aint it crazy how deep we get

Edited by AsteroidX

Justice is actually spelled: just-us

Walk into a 7-eleven and try walking out without paying. You'll be sprayed across the news and finger printed.

Yet the cronies who select the Presidents that americans get to vote for get away with economic terrorism and are hailed as heroes for saving the economy they screwed in the first place.

• Like 4

At the very least this might wake the government up to how much of a joke our cyber-security is. While I agree with the heart of what the author of that article is writing, the commentary is kind of extreme in blowing some things out of proportion.

• Like 1

At the very least this might wake the government up to how much of a joke our cyber-security is. While I agree with the heart of what the author of that article is writing, the commentary is kind of extreme in blowing some things out of proportion.

I was kind of thinking that the java bug might have been the US government's way of trying to shut down Anonyous. While I like Mike Adams, he has an agenda too. It is one I agree with most of the time.

Edited by regeneratia

Mike Adams fills in for Alex Jones as host once in a while on the Alex Jones Show when Alex cannot be in studio.

Mike Adams fills in for Alex Jones as host once in a while on the Alex Jones Show when Alex cannot be in studio.

He is often on Coast to Coast AM too as a guest, which I get via podcast.

This 43 trillion dollar lawsuit thing is an enormous deal. How trustworthy is investmentwatchblog.com? Anyways, were does 43 trillion dollars come from? Are million dollar bribes no longer cutting it?

Well I am thrilled to know that some little ******s who have probably never served on a jury and hide behind masks would so blatantly disregard those of us have, in fact, served on a jury.

Im sure members of Anonymous have served on jury. Although I cannot prove it.

• Like 1

Well I am thrilled to know that some little ******s who have probably never served on a jury and hide behind masks would so blatantly disregard those of us have, in fact, served on a jury.

But, have people who have served on a jury ever taken over a government website? Whether a person fits into the one group or the other, the message from Anonymous in this case is still valid, right? I'm not sure what the connection is you're trying to make between having to serve on a jury first in order to carry the message?

And Swartz never hid behind a mask. A lot of good it did for him. The monolithic system runs him over and we're going to split hairs about differences between individuals? Why?

• Like 3

Only time will anonymous will be considered a ally to me if they are for the people, not for some self-interest agenda. If they are will to show the corrupt of our government to my people that is okay, but once they start giving out orders to us, that is when I will consider them our enemies. It is our right as the citizens of this nation to decide when and how a revolution will start. If it starts by them showing us the true extend of corruption, so be it, but we will not take orders from a face we can't see or talk too.

• Like 2

There is one man who can put an end to all this lawlessness, and I think we all know to whom I refer ...

sdfp-barney-fife.jpg

( I can't wait for the big Hollywood reboot. Michael Bay is attached, I've heard ... )

Edited by Order66

lmao, like serving as a juror is some kind of an achevment. lol.

• Like 2

My main problem with this is that if Anonymous does indeed have some "damning evidence of government wrongdoing"... by withholding it (using it for blackmail essentially), they are guilty of obstruction of justice...

If they know something they should come out with it ... not try to get political leverage... JMO...

• Like 3

I'all for what Anonymous did. I wish they would stop with the blackmail or extortion however, and expose the crimes described in the supposed emails. Bring some real justice.

Playing the extortion game makes them look as criminal as the government.

• Like 4

I'all for what Anonymous did. I wish they would stop with the blackmail or extortion however, and expose the crimes described in the supposed emails. Bring some real justice.

Playing the extortion game makes them look as criminal as the government.

Yeah, I really think it is high time to let the sun shine on all the workings of the present US government. No more black projects. It all needs to be seen, ... and reacted to, on a national level and on an international level. Just let the sun shine on all that is hidden from us.

And then remember that power corrupts absolutely, Anonymous. Get some real serious check-and-balances in place.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 3

And then remember that power corrupts absolutely, Anonymous. Get some real serious check-and-balances in place.

One could argue, that as an Anarchist group, they are their own check and balance - if one group doesn't like what another group is doing they deal with it themselves.

There's not "Anonmyous HQ" like SPECTRE from James Bond, just a bunch of people standing up for what they believe through the appropriation of a shared image.

• Like 2

I believe the term Political Hactivism was coined based on there workings.