Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Monk created evil apparition by thought

rachel44

I have just been reading a book which tells of a very unusual apparition that is said to have been created by the concentrated thought of a monk in the early 19th century.

A franciscan monk was said to have locked himself in his room without food and water so that he could try and rid himself of evil which he believed he had because he was having 'unpure; thoughts. He believed that he could 'create' his evil outside of his body and then banish it with prayer once it appeared.

The other monks wear walking past his room one night and heard a scream from behind the locked door. On entering the room they were faced with what they describe as a figure looking like a very elongated human with long hands and feet and elongated head.

The monk was dead on the floor, and the figure was drawing breath from the mouth of the monks body. On seeing the other monks the figure was reported as squeezing himself through the tiny window of the cell window and then disappearing out of sight.

Many visitors to the monastery have since seen the apparition scurrying around the grounds, and the latest sighting was last year when two window cleaners were washing the outside wiondows when they noticed a thin figure sitting cross legged in the semi darkness of of the room.

They knocked on the window thinking that it was one of the residents but the figure just disappeared before them

Do you think evil can appear as a physical form, created by physic energy. ohmy.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rachel44

• PurpleStuart

• Cufflink

• dancin'hamster

Hi Rachel. original.gif

That is an extremely creepy story, which I had the misfortune to read during the middle of the night. scared.gif

What that sounds like is one of those Tulpa things...a being created by thought. I'm no expert, but Hammy posted a topic on it a while ago.

This link will take you straight to it.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum...?showtopic=7035

That is an extremely creepy story, which I had the misfortune to read during the middle of the night.

whats really scary is that this is possible through very strong discipline and the psionic technique Astral projecting ( sure you have heard of it ) . That seperates your energy good and bad into two.

The monk was foolish to try this .

You can't live without the evil part of your soul , because if your soul is split in half it can't support life . kind of like how you die when your head is seperated from your neck . Its like commiting suicide but you have two souls , since one is pure evil you bassically now have a version of yourself that is an evil spirit scared.gif . This is why psions gennerally don't attempt this any more . Don't know about monks , monks often develop psi through discipline and end up calling it ki or something else . Some websites may say ki is differant from psi , ignore them for they are wackjobs . Monks may still not know the danger of this technique and its possible ( not by much ) one may be attempting it right now .... ph34r.gif

You can't live without the evil part of your soul , because if your soul is split in half it can't support life ................................................................................................ Some websites may say ki is differant from psi , ignore them for they are wackjobs .

The first part of your post does make sense Xeno, it's something I'd never thought about before ( of course..... I don't have an evil side to my soul

whistling2.gif )

As for the second part, this is purely your opinion. Calling someone a wackjob because their beliefs are not the same as yours is quite frankly WRONG.

Back to the story ... If this appariotion was formed out of pure evil, wouldn't it have caused a lot more trouble than it has done?

Do you think evil can appear as a physical form, created by physic energy. ohmy.gif

Yes and No

We are all a bundle of energy ~ and energy cannot be destroyed.............so when we die, this energy must disipate......and perhaps negative energies from 'evil' or bad people are attracted to other negative eneries, and these in turn could influence people who are sensitive.

Hammy x x x

Thanks for that link, Cufflink - very interesting.

My dad says that I should leave this site and go back to dancing around my handbag on a club dancefloor, like all the other blonde bimbos. Why do people think that if you are a blonde female you are thick as two short planks. I hate stereotyping. I have never felt so alive since being part of this fantastic website and reading comments from so many interesting people.

I am seriously thinking of becoming a goth, am I too old to be one at 20? Does anyone know any good goth clubs around the north of England?

By the way Cufflink, nice pic! do you look like that type, I am a 'Mr. Darcy' fan. wub.gif

By the way Cufflink, nice pic! do you look like that type, I am a 'Mr. Darcy' fan. wub.gif

Crikey, Rachel.......I'm blushing now. grin2.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gif

I'm afraid I don't look that much like that....more sort of.....um......best you don't know, actually. tongue.gif

Too old to be a goth at 20? Nooooo. My sister's a goth, and she's in her thirties.

And isn't Siouxie Sioux, Queen of the Goths, in her mid-forties?

Northern Goth clubs? That might be one for our Hammy, (who also happens to be blonde). wink2.gif

My dad says that I should leave this site and go back to dancing around my handbag on a club dancefloor, like all the other blonde bimbos.

I am seriously thinking of becoming a goth, am I too old to be one at 20? Does anyone know any good goth clubs around the north of England?

Sorry, but I think He's the bimbo.

Sioux? I don't think you'd find her admitting that. Be that as it may, buy anything with her name on it and you won't be disappointed. (xept 'Superstition')

As the resident Goth on this forum yep i know of many Goth clubs all over the country, many of which are run or DJ'ed by friends of mine - what sort of area where you looking?

Thanks for the reply purplestewart.

Around the Manchester area would be great - any there?

I now this sounds a silly question but what sort of clothes would I need for a Goth club?

There used to be some goths in my college and they used to wear long black satin skirts and heavy black lace & net tops. Is it just anything Black? thumbsup.gif

rachel44 Posted on Nov 18 2003, 08:03 PM

I am seriously thinking of becoming a goth, am I too old to be one at 20?

blink.gif Old at 20 to be a goth??? Nah not at all I'm *whispers 35! and I'm still one..... thumbsup.gifwhistling2.gif

but what sort of clothes would I need for a Goth club?

There used to be some goths in my college and they used to wear long black satin skirts and heavy black lace & net tops. Is it just anything Black?

Well mostly black , but it's the have a look hereclothes for some ideas

Had to put this is in as this is Rhiannon's party dress thumbsup.gif

user posted image

Edited by Celticwitch

*chokes on tea*

too old to be a Goth???????

ohmy.gif

utter flim-flammery!

Rachel, I was the ONLY blonde Goth at college and I loved it! Lots & lots of black velvet, leather and some seriously kinky boots. I still have to fight the urge to buy purple cloaks and tight bodices!

I used to go to the 'Pink Parrot', 'The State', and' The Lisbon' in Liverpool. But, alas ~ that was in my student days so I don't know if they're still 'Gothy'.

And stereo-typing?

Don't start me!

I used to do a bit of modelling and dancing and have been classed as a 'blonde bimbo/strumpet' ever since. It's very hard sometimes but I must admit that I am learning to use it to my advantage now. If men, (and sadly it is men who make these judgements) think I'm a thick girly blonde then I let them. It's got me free mobile phones, had parking tickets withdrawn, free entry to clubs, etc etc whistling2.gif

Good luck

Hammy x x x

*chokes on tea*

too old to be a Goth???????

ohmy.gif

utter flim-flammery!

Rachel, I was the ONLY blonde Goth at college and I loved it!

Too right hammy!

A friend of my was a ginger/auburn haired goth, so I don't think hair colour matters.

I know tonnes of goths and they have all sorts of different hair colours. Admitted i can't talk as mine is bright purple but there you go. Tho the hair is a factor it is also the love of the music and how you dress which makes you a goth.

As for manchester, i have never been there so i don't know. I do however have a couple of friends who live there coming down to stay weekend after next and i'll ask them then. I'll also check some websites for you and will post later.

BTW the oldest goth i know is 50 odd and the youngest is in her teens so you are absolutly not too old to be a goth.

Rachel this link might be of help, tho i don't know how up to date it is - as i said i have some friends coming down to stay with me in just over a week and i'll quiz them about it.

Thanks Purplestewart - great link - big help.

Such lovely people on this site!

And thanks Celticwitch - I did'nt realise that goth clothes could be so feminine.

I buy most of my wedding stock from dealers but I am a seamstress, so i am going to make something similar to your daughters in a nice Burgundy velvet, but I will make it shorter and team it with some pixie boots - By the way she's looks adorable, you should be very proud of her.

love to all thumbsup.gifrolleyes.gif

Aww thank you but that's not my little one but the dress that she's having from me for Xmas..

Oh yes that's what I like about the clothes is the fact they are flowy and feminine and just plain lovely.....

i know it's a weird avatar change but does'nt everyone agree that tigers are the most beautiful creatures on the planet?

Yes Rachel........second only to hamsters grin2.gif

Hammy x x x

post-10-1069432414.gif