Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Grail and the canine conundrum

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• News Writer
  • 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 12 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Dan Green</strong>
Image credit: Dan Green
Dan Green: Most of us at some point in our life have noticed that the word God, the Supreme and Infinite Personal Being, in reverse presents us with the word ‘dog’, man’s best friend. Given the importance of the title of our Creator, I could only wonder if they could be any significance in why the mirror imaging of the word should draw our attention to a contract drawn up between Man and dog, as remote as 10,000 years ago. Who was responsible for the naming of ‘God’, likewise who named the first dog? The plot thickens when we discover that the origin of both words is unclear, the exact history of the word God remaining unknown and the origin of dog tantalisingly one of the greater mysteries of English etymology having no known root in other languages. What might be the concealed connection? There are two possible ‘leakages’ within the religious spectrum.The first concerns St Dominic, founder of the Catholic order of Dominicans and, interestingly as we will see later, Patron Saint of astronomers.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Minori

Minori

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

View PostUM-Bot, on 12 December 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Dan Green</strong>
Image credit: Dan Green
Dan Green: Most of us at some point in our life have noticed that the word God, the Supreme and Infinite Personal Being, in reverse presents us with the word ‘dog’, man’s best friend. Given the importance of the title of our Creator, I could only wonder if they could be any significance in why the mirror imaging of the word should draw our attention to a contract drawn up between Man and dog, as remote as 10,000 years ago. Who was responsible for the naming of ‘God’, likewise who named the first dog? The plot thickens when we discover that the origin of both words is unclear, the exact history of the word God remaining unknown and the origin of dog tantalisingly one of the greater mysteries of English etymology having no known root in other languages. What might be the concealed connection? There are two possible ‘leakages’ within the religious spectrum.The first concerns St Dominic, founder of the Catholic order of Dominicans and, interestingly as we will see later, Patron Saint of astronomers.

Posted Image View: Full Article

I am happy I found this article again.  I found it interesting but the first time I read this there were others pictures with it as well.  There was one picture in particular that caught my attention, I was wondering if you noticed it as well.  The picture with Joseph and Mary and the baby Jesus.  Did you by chance notice anything in the upper left hand corner of the stained glass.  I will try to add the picture....can't wait to hear back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users