Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

To Anyone Interested in Consciousness

iforgot

If you are interested in consciousness, or the nature of consciousness, or out of body experiences, or even the meaning of life, this book is for you:

http://books.google.com/books/about/My_Big_Toe.html?id=RYHtBPiZVgsC

It is free via Google Books. The book is called "My Big TOE" by Thomas Campbell. It is about a nuclear scientist's theory of everything (TOE). This is a must read, especially for those who are interested in metaphysics.

I am halfway through the book. I can't describe the essence of it to someone who hasn't read the book. So many of my questions about the nature of life and paranormal happenings have been answered. I can't recommend this book enough.

It's a long read, but well worth it. Thomas Campbell, in my opinion, is a very trustworthy source. Seriously, read this book!

• Like 1

Thanks for the recommendation! Glad you found a great read. :)

I didn't post this for myself. This is one of the greatest books ever written, I think everyone should read it.

• Like 1

Thanks... I'm going to have a good look at this..

you might want to check out the video in this thread too.

it is what got me very intered in consciousness..

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230077&hl= primacy&st=0

It's a long read, but well worth it. Thomas Campbell, in my opinion, is a very trustworthy source. Seriously, read this book!

Even people on his forums notice his lack of evidence.

Spam..

I originally joined this forum in 2007. I am not a spammer. Besides, Campbell offers his book and lectures for free on the internet. So I'm not really sure why I would be spamming?

Even people on his forums notice his lack of evidence.

For what exactly? Specific examples are helpful. He says in his book and during his lectures many times: a huge majority of the evidence for what he speaks of is personal evidence. He encourages only open minded skepticism. The book is titled "My Big Toe" for a reason. It is based on Campbell's personal experiences (but I can relate to a lot of what he says, and know that they are true). The entire book is centered on the reader taking their own journey.

It's hard to criticize the legitimacy of something you've never read before!

Thanks... I'm going to have a good look at this..

Good! Campbell provides a great deal of logical evidence for the virtual reality theory. I think that you will really like this book.

Edited by iforgot

I'm very interested in Metaphysics and Paranormal, so i'd like to thank you for introducing me this book. I checked it on the link, you posted, and i believe it could be a very good book for me. I'll see, if it's available in a book store here in my town. Thank again, pal ;):D

• Like 1

I'm very interested in Metaphysics and Paranormal, so i'd like to thank you for introducing me this book. I checked it on the link, you posted, and i believe it could be a very good book for me. I'll see, if it's available in a book store here in my town. Thank again, pal ;):D

No problem! The whole thing is available for free online though if you can't find it. I know Amazon sells physical copies of the book as well.

It's a long read but well worth it.

Edited by iforgot

No problem! The whole thing is available for free online though if you can't find it. I know Amazon sells physical copies of the book as well.

It's a long read but well worth it.

I will search it online, if i can't find it in any book store, but what i want is to have the opportunity to read it anytime i want to, without having to open my laptop!! But then again, i could order it via Amazon, as you said ;)

I will search it online, if i can't find it in any book store, but what i want is to have the opportunity to read it anytime i want to, without having to open my laptop!! But then again, i could order it via Amazon, as you said ;)

Yup! The online copy is in my first post if you missed it. I linked directly to the Google Books' My Big TOE page.