Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2012 doomsday theory is fake!

goodog

Listen,

in 1900's people stood in utah on a mountain they thought it was the end of the world..

did it happen?

NO

2000 - y2k?

did it happen?

NO

in 1998, people though that time was going to repeat itself through the dawn of time..

did it happen?

NO

june 6, 2006 theory

NO

1954 (armaggedon man), a man predicted the end of the world to be on 1976, nothing ever happened on that day..

didn't happen

NO

2007 on july 4, apocalyptic nuclear bomb from iraq??

NO

1986 zombie attack blowing out the human race that wont be contained

NO

there are at least (population counted by scientists) 967,000,000,267,572,831,573 doomsday theories in 1 year - now there have been aprox. 950,002,462,628,163,636,115 doomsday theories that have become widely popular, even more popular then all of this 2012 crap..

listen im 13 and when people mention "2012" i dont want to think about it because i am depressed when i think about it

it ruins my day and everythng, plus i think of my baby sister burning in flames - or something terrible (varies all the time)

please stop all of this stuff, i mean feel free to continue to do whatever and post stuff, i will look into it, post some replies like :POSSIBLY MIGHT HAPPEN THAT 2012, I DO WONDER IT MIGHT HAPPEN...

but what im trying to say is: IT PROBALLY WON'T HAPPEN

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigmatic Annasawzi

• OldTimeRadio

• jaylemurph

• Harte

It is not 'fake'. People believe it, for real, therefore it is. This of course does not mean that anything at all will happen. Does that make sense?

Anyway in my opinion, definitely, undeniably miscommunicated. There is no DOOMSDAY. It isn't about that. It's the uneducated that believe in Doomsday. THe truth of it is, we are entering a new age. That's all. Probably nothing will happen at all to show this.

Something might. *shrugs*

People seem to have always believed that the world was about to end. I sometimes wonder if it's a sort of arrogance, as if people don't want to believe the world will go on after their lifetime and that they will be there at that end of everything. During the English Civil War some people believed the world would end if the King was executed - for them the executionof a King by his subjects was such a monumental thing. But the world didn't end, except for Charles I! As has been already said there have been no end of gloomy predictions in recent years, especially in th 90s, due to the ending of the century. Much the same happened in the 1890s. Who knows what will happen in 2012, but my two predictions are that there will be an Olympic Games in London and that many people will hve to find a new date to predict the end of the world! So don't let the mention of 2012 ruin your day!

You are 13 and you are right you do not need to be thinking about all this stuff.

When I was 13 I knew the world would end in 2000, everyone was talking about it. I really had a 'why bother live for today attitude'. Maybe every teenager has one, but I know that if I truelly belived I would live past 17 I would have seen life a little diffrent. When you buy into doomsday beliefs it changes the way you live.

Don't buy into any of it. If the world ends in 2012 (doubtful) Then it does but when it don't you need to be preparing for college and a bright future.

967,000,000,267,572,831,573 = Nine hundred sixty seven trilion two hundred sixty seven thousand five hundred seventy two.

thats more than there are people in the world, thats a lot of theories, by my reconing about 1000 each. did you perhaps add too many digits? :tu:

listen im 13 and when people mention "2012" i dont want to think about it because i am depressed when i think about it

it ruins my day and everythng, plus i think of my baby sister burning in flames - or something terrible (varies all the time)

Aww sweetie! Dont let it make you depressed!

The theories surrounding 2012 are real, but can anyone be certain? Nopers.

I think there may be something to the ideas surrounding 2012, but death and the end of the world? I dont think so! I think (and i sort of hope!) that humanity will enter a new age, and hopefully all get together and sort out our planet!

Whatever happens, happens for a reason. No need to fret about it. ^_^ It is after all...4 years away. A long time when you think about it!

Be a little more optimistic!

Try and get a varied look at these theories of 2012 if you want. Dont just dwell on all this "fire and brimstone" nonsense!

:)

How many times do I have to say this:

December 21, 2012 is the day the flying monkeys will emerge from my bum and wreak havoc on all mankind. Fear the Flying Monkeys!! :lol:

Edited by muddpuppy

It's most likely nothing's going to happen at all. But we'll only really know when/if we get to 2013.

i doubt anything will happen even the suposed amayan prophecy thats meant to say its the end of the world on 2012 it doesnt say that it just sais that mankind will be enlightened

It is not 'fake'. People believe it, for real, therefore it is. This of course does not mean that anything at all will happen. Does that make sense?

That's the single most spurious thing I've seen posted here in a long time. Belief is /completely/ detached from reality: you can believe whole-heartedly, for instance, in Angry Mauve Giant Chickens from Uva Beta Uva 12 but that doesn't make them real.

People seem to have always believed that the world was about to end. I sometimes wonder if it's a sort of arrogance, as if people don't want to believe the world will go on after their lifetime and that they will be there at that end of everything. During the English Civil War some people believed the world would end if the King was executed - for them the executionof a King by his subjects was such a monumental thing. But the world didn't end, except for Charles I! As has been already said there have been no end of gloomy predictions in recent years, especially in th 90s, due to the ending of the century. Much the same happened in the 1890s. Who knows what will happen in 2012, but my two predictions are that there will be an Olympic Games in London and that many people will hve to find a new date to predict the end of the world! So don't let the mention of 2012 ruin your day!

Really? I've never heard that one before.

--Jaylemurph

The only things that will happen:

Truckers/transport, they will either go broke or sell out to the larger corporations (same as the airlines).

btw... thats a great way to create monopolies...

People will end up reshaping their transport habits within the next couple of years.

Food shortage is a real event today. UN warns we have consumed more in the past 3 years than what has been grown (wheat/rice/corn) already semi-developed counties are experiencing riots due to these shortages and price hikes.

So we are really facing a real crisis... combine this with the US economy going down a toilet, means things will become very bad.

As for wounding our youth with these concerns? Well these are real things happening today, thats the way life is.

Myself, I'm doing something about it, I'm selling my house in the City and building a new home on 10 acres... using Solar/wind/geothermal, and I'll be growing vegetables, canning raising chickens and other farm critters.

I'm doing this for my kids, ensuring that they have a home that can provide for itself.

Yes it is sad that young people are going to be facing this, however hiding this does not commit people to create a solution.

Kids need to know, it takes hard work to pay the bills, money doesn't grow on trees, ....

This has nothing to do with 2012, it has to do with what is really happening today.

Prepare, don't stick your head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong.

Goodog, yes it sucks, and there are people trying to do something REAL to help solve problems that the media is hiding (or barely reporting on) So it isn't all that bad, things ARE going to change in the next 2 years.

I hope for my sake it doesn't happen... I'll only be 22! And only by seven to seventeen days at that! >.>

That's the single most spurious thing I've seen posted here in a long time. Belief is /completely/ detached from reality: you can believe whole-heartedly, for instance, in Angry Mauve Giant Chickens from Uva Beta Uva 12 but that doesn't make them real.

I believe you missunderstood me. 2012 is an idea, a theory, and nothing more than that. People believe that something will happen, people also believe that nothing will happen. Therefore the word 'fake' cannot be applied to the so called 2012 Doomsday. As I said, just because people believe does not mean anything will happen, on the contrary. But even if nothing happens, it does not mean that the theory of doomsday is fake. It simply is something people are worried about.

2000 was not fake, it was just a mistake.

December 12, 2012 is the day the flying monkeys will emerge from my bum and wreak havoc on all mankind. Fear the Flying Monkeys!! :lol:

:huh::D:lol::tu:

I believe you missunderstood me. 2012 is an idea, a theory, and nothing more than that. People believe that something will happen, people also believe that nothing will happen. Therefore the word 'fake' cannot be applied to the so called 2012 Doomsday. As I said, just because people believe does not mean anything will happen, on the contrary. But even if nothing happens, it does not mean that the theory of doomsday is fake. It simply is something people are worried about.

I think the point was made very well to be honest, who cares if the OP's statistics were out, these doomsday predictions are at the very least big piles of steamy **** and at the worst very dangerous scaremongering. This is just another example of how much young people have to teach us so called mature sensible adults.

I often wonder what is wrong with society today. 65 years ago the world saw the biggest, worst and most devastating war in the history of mankind. But it was not the end of the world, in fact most of todays gadgets and science that make us so lazy were a result of that conflict. So come on give yourselves a bit of credit, and instead of assuming we will not be here in 4 years time start thinking about how we can improve things post 2012. I can garuantee that the world won't end in 2012

and if I am wrong I will pay everyone here £1 million pounds each.

Heavens, you're quite right; I /grossly/ misunderstood what you were trying to say. Please accept my apologies!

--Jaylemurph

The malayns and Nostradamus both disagree with you, but I hope your right. I am not for sure that they gave it the twist that people today give it though.

Edited by bogcreeper

No apology necessary jaylemurph!

December 21, 2012 is the day the flying monkeys will emerge from my bum and wreak havoc on all mankind. Fear the Flying Monkeys!! :lol:

Pup,

Did you steal this idea from me, or did I steal this idea from you?

The malayns and Nostradamus both disagree with you, but I hope your right. I am not for sure that they gave it the twist that people today give it though.

Both you and the OP, especially the OP, need to know the following.

There exists no Mayan prophecy anywhere concerning anything happening on any day or any time period in 2012.

Nostrodamus predicted nothing at all that came true, and his predictions continue beyond the year 2012 so he obviously never, ever predicted the "end of the world" for that year.

I don't think he predicted anything at all for the year 2012. If you believe he did, please provide a link to the pertinant quatrain showing why you believe it was meant for the year 2012.

The OP is right - the "Mayan Doomsday Prediction" is fake.

The Mayans made no predictions for the year 2012 that we know of.

Harte

The theory of December 21, 2012 is not "fake" because people believe its real. Therefore, its real. We have no evidence that it will be fake, and no evidence that it will be real. We'll have to wait and see.

So can you show actual and reputable evidence to back up that up.

The theory of December 21, 2012 is not "fake" because people believe its real. Therefore, its real. We have no evidence that it will be fake, and no evidence that it will be real. We'll have to wait and see.

Who's the one who came up with this so-called theory anyway?

Who are the malayns?

1986 zombie attack blowing out the human race that wont be contained

NO

huh I never heard this, who on earth predicted a zombie attac in '86?

but what im trying to say is: IT PROBALLY WON'T HAPPEN

LOL doomsday prediction are always wrong. That's a fact. :tu: