Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dad shoots laptop

glorybebe

A lesson to teenagers the world over. Never mess with a man in IT, especially when that man is your dad.

Tommy Jordan’s 15-year-old daughter Hannah wrote a post on Facebook, saying how upset she was and how unfair her life was, given all the unpaid chores her parents made her do like laundry and dishes, and how they just in general made her life difficult.

Jordan’s daughter thought she had blocked her parents from being able to view the post – but dad works in IT and was able to view the original message after upgrading his daughter’s computer for her. And he wasn’t too happy with what he read.

"As of the end of this video, she won't have to worry anymore about posting inappropriate things on Facebook...,” said Tommy Jordan.

“That right there is your laptop,” he says in the video, “This right here, is my .45.” He goes on to open up nine rounds on his daughter’s computer.

article

Good for him! Some times kids need a little wake up.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• _Only

• Michelle

• glorybebe

Good one, dad. I am certain you proved to everyone out there that you are just a regular Joe like everyone else, and your daughter was probably just exagerating when she mentioned how unreasonable you could act at times.

The poor laptop wasn't even acting up like most laptops that deserve to be shot.

Good one, dad. I am certain you proved to everyone out there that you are just a regular Joe like everyone else, and your daughter was probably just exagerating when she mentioned how unreasonable you could act at times.

Do I detect just a hint of sarcasm there? lol :lol:

edit....on a serious note though,,,,unpaid chores?,,,,,,am I way behind the times? Do kids these days expect to be paid now for helping their parents out with the housework? I thought that was all about raising a child to have responsibilities. Pocket money at the weekend is one thing, but to expect to be payed for doing the dishes is quite something else!

Shooting a laptop is going just a tad too far though, even if it is rather funny :)

Edited by Englishgent

That's the worst thing he found when dissecting her computer?

Do I detect just a hint of sarcasm there? lol :lol:

edit....on a serious note though,,,,unpaid chores?,,,,,,am I way behind the times? Do kids these days expect to be paid now for helping their parents out with the housework? I thought that was all about raising a child to have responsibilities. Pocket money at the weekend is one thing, but to expect to be payed for doing the dishes is quite something else!

Shooting a laptop is going just a tad too far though, even if it is rather funny :)

after what she said and how she said it....he had JUST bought her the laptop and she is complaining that she didn't get paid for her chores....man, if that is the case, I owe my daughter thousands for her doing chores. :w00t:

I'm glad to see a couple of "atta boy's" for the Dad. I have two jobs and one of those jobs is in a public laundry. I can't tell you the number of pure brats who come there on a daily basis & have no respect for their parents or anybody else. I'm talking very small, young children I have seen actually smack their parents & say "I want candy" as soon as they see the snack machine. Their parents are at the laundry trying to wash their dirty clothes and they can't even wait till the machines get loaded & started up. And the saddest part of all is, most of the parents actually stop what they are doing and obey the child!

This is why children & teens today act the way they do. They feel entitled, or whatever you call it. I am thankful that my children were raised at least slightly before this time period (teens today). And I won't go into what my Dad would have done to me if I had even thought about talking back, being disrespectful, cursing, etc. to my parents.

There is a discussion about how this Dad handled the situation going on among my facebook friends right now. I can't believe how many think the Dad was unreasonable, unjustified and just plain wrong about how he handled it. If anybody actually watches the video, he states that she had already been grounded and had all her electronics, cell phone, etc. taken away for doing this sort of thing before. It's not like she had not been warned.

And as far as a 15 year old needing to go get a job, well, if she doesn't like doing chores to EARN all the things her parents had gotten her, then by all means, go out and really work for that stuff. I say :tu: , Dad!

I wouldn't have shot the laptop, I would have listed it on e-Bay, or another online sales site, and sold it. Dad keeps the money, daughter sulks - win/win.

I agree. I don't object to the dad taking the laptop away permanently. I just object to how he did it.

Also, I might be a little jealous. I too am an IT, and I have often wanted to shoot a troublesome laptop like that.

See this is the problem with the world - people still think the solution is to shoot the messenger.

I wouldn't have shot the lap top, I would have taken it for myself to teach her a lesson.. When she later decides to not post up anything about her parents to complain.. Then she can have it back...

Shooting a piece of electronic equipment in lieu of actually parenting is really quite stupid. What's this young lady supposed to learn from her Father's anger fueled violent temper tantrum? Well, it's certainly not going to be how one behaves like a mature adult.

Shooting a piece of electronic equipment in lieu of actually parenting is really quite stupid. What's this young lady supposed to learn from her Father's anger fueled violent temper tantrum? Well, it's certainly not going to be how one behaves like a mature adult.

Well said. :tu:

article

Good for him! Some times kids need a little wake up.

Although I might have felt as he did and maybe " thought" about shooting her laptop I feel this was over the top. I am all about guns and I conceal and carry. I thought this was inappropriate for him to do, although, funny. I would have taken the laptop away and gave her more unpaid "chores" until she acted like a responsibe and thankful llittle girl again.

I can see the irony of this He didn't want his daughter posting up stuff about her parents in what they do, not wanting so many people to read it... and as a result, he goes further and does something to give even MORE people something to read on the media and most likely more on face book ( as the story begun there)...... So not only do they all get to read her message but they get to see how the girl was right by having an unreasonable father.. He just made matters worse !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Fortunately, this was creative enough, and inventive and the girls infraction was just silly enough that shortly this will be a REALLY funny story she can share with people until she's an old lady. But at the same time, how much you want to bet she never airs her personal grievances on Facebook again? This will be one of those things where 5 years from now she'll be on a first date telling him this story and laughing her butt off.

I think "father's anger fueled violent temper tantrum" is WAY overstating it and minimalizes what a real anger fueled violent temper tantrums really are.

I can see the irony of this He didn't want his daughter posting up stuff about her parents in what they do, not wanting so many people to read it... and as a result, he goes further and does something to give even MORE people something to read on the media and most likely more on face book ( as the story begun there)...... So not only do they all get to read her message but they get to see how the girl was right by having an unreasonable father.. He just made matters worse !!

I thought of that too... I don't know that I feel that's really the case, I haven't decided yet.

I think dad was at the end of his rope and after all this wasn't the first time she had done things like this. Sure, he over-reacted, but he was trying to prove a point. And let her feel bad for a while and give it back to her after she learned her lesson? How would she learn her lesson? She doesn't deserve a computer. 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' how about some gratitude? there are a lot of children whose parents cannot even consider buying a lap top for their kids. The main point of this is that the dad actually showed some backbone and stood up to his daughter. So many parents just see the bigger picture. Sure we all make mistakes, and it seems that these parents gave their daughter all they could, thinking that they were making her happy. In reality she felt entitled to whatever they gave her and felt she shouldn't have to do anything around the house. I tell my daughter that I didn't have her so that I could be her maid, she makes the mess, she cleans it up. Yes, WE have a laptop, but she does not take it for granted, she is happy that I bought it so that she can do her homework and keep in touch with her friends. Some times drastic measures are what the kid needs to get a reality check.

I watched it and thought "haha wow awesome, right on" and kids really do have it easy today and are brats ect - then I realised...he went too far. First of all, keep it in the family, not for the world to see.

Also could you not have taken the computer off her, given it away or something instead of wasting money. You may as well have taken some notes out of your wallet and lit them on fire.

A teenager venting about their parents in private? I never heard such a thing!

Imagine if most of us, before the days of facebook, had our parents listening in on our msn messenger or aol accounts or even overhearing us talk to friends about how much our parents suck and then them acting like this.

Or imagine if your coworkers/boss used this as an example to how to treat you if you're overheard talking about them. But of course that never happens because nobody complains about parents or boss! ;)

Edited by __Kratos__

I thought of that too... I don't know that I feel that's really the case, I haven't decided yet.

It never enters my head to post up personal issues that I could have with my family or even friends... I've moaned about my cat and the weather a few times..and I think some geezer that cheesed me off once.. But never family or friends...... But other than that, I use face book for joke telling or post up something funny that happened or I heard that day.. The odd pic and video.. I do not feel the need to say anything negative about my friends or family.. I go on facebook now and again to read some funny stories and click LIKE tongue.gif But this girl is only 14 and teenagers will complain more..

I can pic Becky ranting in years to come.. My mom say this and she makes me do that.lol ........No wait, she already complains about that now anyway !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom