Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

perfection, what is it?

danielost

A perfect person, in my view, woudn't think they were perfect. Many times in the bible people call god perfect. But the closest god comes to calling himslf perfect, is when he says,"I am the same today yesterday and tomorrow.

Christ told us to be perfect as your father in heaven is. So I perfection just being true to yourself. Being true to yoiur core values or is it more.

In a theological sense we can call God "perfect". In a practical sense, we can call perfection an ideal to strive for.

• Like 1

I like to think that in philosophical terms, perfection, just like infinity, is a direction - i.e. we can move towards being perfect but it is not a state nor a condition that one can reach or become, and nobody or nothing is ever perfect. At least that is how an idealist would view things. And that again, is but one of the many different perspectives there is.

When a mother says that her child is 'perfect' or when a devotee believes that a god or a deity is 'perfect', they too would be correct based on their individual perceptions of reality and based on how they 'feel'. However, that kind of a perception could be different from people to people, so that every mother may think that her child is the only perfect one, or two believers from different religious backgrounds may disagree on which god may be the most perfect one there is.

p.s.- That's just my opinion. I can understand that sometimes people are sensitive but I hope that my views are not taken in a negative way, I only cited those examples to convey my point and not to offend anyone. Thanks!

Edited by dlonewolf85
  • Like 1