Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorists plotted setting U.S. fires

Karlis

Terrorism can take any form of destructive action. Any opinions as to how wide-spread the use of arson by terrorists could become?

Karlis

Muslim bulletin boards advocated arson before California blazes

© 2009 WorldNetDaily.com

Editor's note: The following report is adapted from the latest issue of Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium online intelligence newsletter published by the founder of WND

WASHINGTON – While websites frequented by jihadis have been ablaze with claims of responsibility for setting the California wildfires, terror leaders also urged arson attacks as a tactic last summer, according to a new report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

In July, a post was made to numerous jihadist boards and then spread to a number of blogs citing a previously issued fatwa authorizing the setting of forest fires as a weapon of jihad. The post began "this is an invitation to the Muslims of Europe and America, Australia and Russia to burn forests." It went on to state the justification under Islamic Sharia law for this action and to cite its benefits for jihadists.

The post, revealed in G2 Bulletin's report, cites an undated video that shows Abu Mus'ab al Suri, author of "Call to Global Islamic Resistance" and advocate of the doctrine of individual terrorism, discussing the benefits to the jihad of setting forest fires.

Last year, the report points out, Maj. Robert Arthur Baird of the U.S. Marine Corps wrote in the May 2006 issue of Studies in Conflict and Terrorism: "The United States is at significant risk of a future pyro-terrorist attack – when terrorists unleash the latent energy in the nation's forests to achieve the effect of a weapon of mass destruction – the threat, must be defined America's vulnerabilities understood and action taken to mitigate this danger to the United States."

In his master's thesis, Major Baird also discusses arson as a terror tactic and sees it as a very real risk: "Instead of using expensive, complex and readily detectable nuclear or radiological bombs, a terrorist could easily ignite several massive wildfires to severely damage regional economies, impact military and firefighting forces and terrorize the American people."

He goes on to state that a terrorist has the potential to "unleash multiple fires creating a conflagration potentially equal to a multi-megaton nuclear weapon."

Is that what has happened this year?

California authorities have confirmed some of the wildfires were set deliberately, and a terror watch organization says the circumstances match terror plans the FBI alerted law enforcement to several years ago.

"In 2003 an FBI memo alerted law enforcement agencies that an al-Qaida terrorist being held in detention had talked of masterminding a plot to set a series of devastating forest fires around the western United States," the National Terror Alert Response Center warned. … (SNIP) …

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=58401

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MasterPo

• ninjadude

• Karlis

• ValkyrieVoice

California wildfires startup EVERY year. It has nothing to do with terrorist. It has to do with dry conditions and suburban sprawl.

California wildfires startup EVERY year. It has nothing to do with terrorist. It has to do with dry conditions and suburban sprawl.
Ok, in that case please accept apologies for the report that terrorist leaders promote arson.

While websites frequented by jihadis have been ablaze with claims of responsibility for setting the California wildfires, terror leaders also urged arson attacks as a tactic last summer, according to a new report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.
Ninjadude, would you say that perhaps the above quote may be ant-terrorist propaganda? Or maybe just an urban legend? B)

Kind regards,

Karlis

A couple of weeks ago Australia put the leading local Muslim cleric in jail for 15 years, for preparing to terrorist attacks... And 6 or 5 members of the terrorist cell with him. The fact that Australian bushfires happen every year does not change anything, as only a massive arson action can make the fire as extensive and wide spread as this year. Australians know there was an arson, in many places at once - but for now they blame negligence, mental illness or just kids; who knows what would the investigation find out next?

I don't think it's too far fetched to wonder if terrorists would start (arson) fires anywhere here in this country and I don't believe that that article is propaganda. I think it's something to consider seriously, just not obsessively. We're at war with Muslims. Muslims hit our towers with planes and our Pentagon with planes. They crashed a plane. Why wouldn't they start fires?

I don't think it's too far fetched to wonder if terrorists would start (arson) fires anywhere here in this country and I don't believe that that article is propaganda. I think it's something to consider seriously, just not obsessively. We're at war with Muslims. Muslims hit our towers with planes and our Pentagon with planes. They crashed a plane. Why wouldn't they start fires?

Islam group urges forest fire jihad

AUSTRALIA has been singled out as a target for "forest jihad" by a group of Islamic extremists urging Muslims to deliberately light bushfires as a weapon of terror.

US intelligence channels earlier this year identified a website calling on Muslims in Australia, the US, Europe and Russia to "start forest fires", claiming "scholars have justified chopping down and burning the infidels' forests when they do the same to our lands".

The website, posted by a group called the Al-Ikhlas Islamic Network, argues in Arabic that lighting fires is an effective form of terrorism justified in Islamic law under the "eye for an eye" doctrine.

The posting - which instructs jihadis to remember "forest jihad" in summer months - says fires cause economic damage and pollution, tie up security agencies and can take months to extinguish so that "this terror will haunt them for an extended period of time".

"Imagine if, after all the losses caused by such an event, a jihadist organisation were to claim responsibility for the forest fires," the website says. "You can hardly begin to imagine the level of fear that would take hold of people in the United States, in Europe, in Russia and in Australia."

With the nation heading into another hot, dry summer, Australian intelligence agencies are treating the possibility that bushfires could be used as a weapon of terrorism as a serious concern.

More of the article here: Link

--------------------------------------

Ok, in that case please accept apologies for the report that terrorist leaders promote arson.

Ninjadude, would you say that perhaps the above quote may be ant-terrorist propaganda? Or maybe just an urban legend? B)

Kind regards,

Karlis

Ant-terrorists??? JC, are we not even safe from the hate of the insect kingdom??? :lol:

Seriouly tho, whats next, blaming the rain on terrorists? As if you people can't wait to validate your fears until some ******** sets off a nuclear device. Its sure to come, just keep your pants on.

Here in the Western United States they could start 100's and not get caught or even break a sweat doing it. And it would have the fire crews going all summer along with the National Guard and Army troops.

Here in the Western United States they could start 100's and not get caught or even break a sweat doing it. And it would have the fire crews going all summer along with the National Guard and Army troops.

I'm sure there are a dozen ways they could make a primative timing device to set off a fire bomb long after they are gone too. Who would know?

Don't forget the Japanese tried it in WW2.

Edited by MasterPo

We're at war with Muslims. Muslims hit our towers with planes and our Pentagon with planes.

:huh: This line bothers me, I hope you mean just the extremists, not a stupid religious war.

as for the opening post, I hope terrorists and felons don't read this article and get ideas. It's so easy to do on dry conditions, even in Florida.

:huh: This line bothers me, I hope you mean just the extremists, not a stupid religious war.

as for the opening post, I hope terrorists and felons don't read this article and get ideas. It's so easy to do on dry conditions, even in Florida.

Of course I mean the extremists, and the extremists happen(ed) to be Muslim. God! I was also just telling the truth and I don't know why hearing/reading the truth would bother you. It is what it is. Why should anyone have to "pretty up the truth"? Oh! Because somene's always getting offended! And then the truth teller is always getting plummeted- no, ASSAULTED with accusations like how they're being a racist, or assuming too much, or not watering the truth down, or not being "specific" enough, or whatever else the hearer(s) want to hurl at them! You know? Political correctness offends me, but you don't see anyone curtailing it too much. I have to deal with it. I'm sick and tired of over accommodating what seems like everyone who may not like what I have to say.

~~~ ...

... as for the opening post, I hope terrorists and felons don't read this article and get ideas. ...

Hi Zitro, your hopes are doomed. :ph34r:

Muslim terrorists plotted setting U.S. fires - While websites frequented by jihadis have been ablaze with claims of responsibility for setting the California wildfires, terror leaders also urged arson attacks as a tactic last summer, according to a new report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.- In July, a post was made to numerous jihadist boards and then spread to a number of blogs citing a previously issued fatwa authorizing the setting of forest fires as a weapon of jihad. The post began "this is an invitation to the Muslims of Europe and America, Australia and Russia to burn forests." It went on to state the justification under Islamic Sharia law for this action and to cite its benefits for jihadists. - http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=58401
Jihadist boards -- article:

Keep an eye open for bearded men carrying petrol cans, B)

Karlis

Of course I mean the extremists, and the extremists happen(ed) to be Muslim. God! I was also just telling the truth and I don't know why hearing/reading the truth would bother you. It is what it is. Why should anyone have to "pretty up the truth"? Oh! Because somene's always getting offended! And then the truth teller is always getting plummeted- no, ASSAULTED with accusations like how they're being a racist, or assuming too much, or not watering the truth down, or not being "specific" enough, or whatever else the hearer(s) want to hurl at them! You know? Political correctness offends me, but you don't see anyone curtailing it too much. I have to deal with it. I'm sick and tired of over accommodating what seems like everyone who may not like what I have to say.

linked-image

linked-image

Thank You Pseudo!

Ant-terrorists??? JC, are we not even safe from the hate of the insect kingdom??? :lol:

Seriouly tho, whats next, blaming the rain on terrorists? As if you people can't wait to validate your fears until some ******** sets off a nuclear device. Its sure to come, just keep your pants on.

Actually I’m not sure about Australia but a leading factor to the severity of the wildfires in the US is because environmental groups have taken the National Park Service to court and have legally gotten them to stop clearing out underbrush and anything that would be fuel to a wildfire.

Wildfires are a fact of nature and they won't be stopped completely. But they extent of damage caused by wildfires can be limited.

This line bothers me, I hope you mean just the extremists, not a stupid religious war.

I'm going to take it a step further and say it is a religious war.

For the reason I've been saying since the begining: Where is the great out cry of condemnation from the islamic street about 9/11? For that matter, where was the great condemnation about the first towers bombing? The USS Cole bombing? etc.

Just silence.

Actually I’m not sure about Australia but a leading factor to the severity of the wildfires in the US is because environmental groups have taken the National Park Service to court and have legally gotten them to stop clearing out underbrush and anything that would be fuel to a wildfire.
Here in Oz, the story is not much different, except that environmental groups and our Parks and Wildlife Service work hand-in-hand to prevent fire-hazard management. In National Parks most fire-trails are blocked to fire-fighters, and for the most part, controlled burning is a no-no. As a result a build-up of fuel is left to accumulate. Farmers and large property owners have to get reams of permits to clear or burn hazardous material and often the red tape is impossible to overcome.

Every time a major bush-fire happens, there is a public outcry; the politicians mouth platitudes that this will be "looked into", and when the fires die down, so does the politicians' interest.

Such is life,

Karlis

really wouldnt take much plotting now would it?

I'm going to take it a step further and say it is a religious war.

For the reason I've been saying since the begining: Where is the great out cry of condemnation from the islamic street about 9/11? For that matter, where was the great condemnation about the first towers bombing? The USS Cole bombing? etc.

Just silence.

There was a good argument against political correctness and you follow it with this crap?

even typing in google "muslims condemn terrorism" brings hundreds of thousands of pages

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=m...art=10&sa=N

as for the other argument, let me defend myself:

I'm not a fan of political correctness myself, seeing some ridiculous news from UK and EU relating to that, but c'mon, the only Muslim friends I'm getting here in the U.S. are well educated, condemn terrorism, condemn basically every Islamic ruler, don't go out of their way to cover their skin (apparently the Koran doesn't really say that, it's just the oppressive ruling against women and combined with culture).

We can't group these cold-blooded killers with people like these friends of mine. And if the media didn't show much condemnation, it's because of fear of prosecution in the Muslim countries and pretty much, that the media didn't decide to show.

There was a good argument against political correctness and you follow it with this crap?

even typing in google "muslims condemn terrorism" brings hundreds of thousands of pages

Web pages don't mean jack! Where's the ads in the newspapers? Where's the spokes people on TV? Where's the islamic clerics surmonizing about the evils of the act?

I didn't see any of that and neither did most Americans.

We can't group these cold-blooded killers with people like these friends of mine. And if the media didn't show much condemnation, it's because of fear of prosecution in the Muslim countries and pretty much, that the media didn't decide to show.

That is direct PC-ism. Because you can't cull out your friends from a group of people who may or may not be terrorists then no one should be treated like a terrorist?

By that logic I am being treated like a terrorist suspect everytime I go to an airport! I have to nearly disrobe, take off my shoes, open all my bags etc. 9/11 wasn't done by a white middle class older American but I'm treated just the same as if I was on the Most Wanted list.

Go defend that.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=m...art=10&sa=N

as for the other argument, let me defend myself:

I'm not a fan of political correctness myself, seeing some ridiculous news from UK and EU relating to that, but c'mon, the only Muslim friends I'm getting here in the U.S. are well educated, condemn terrorism, condemn basically every Islamic ruler, don't go out of their way to cover their skin (apparently the Koran doesn't really say that, it's just the oppressive ruling against women and combined with culture).

Well, if your "Muslim" friends aren't following Muhammad correctly, then they're obviously not true Muslims.

Don't make the common mistake of confusing 21st century so-called Muslims with true Muslims.