Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ask a Psychopath

Druidus-Logos

I know, in a very personal way, a diagnosed psychopath. He is very high functioning and intelligent, and he's been a "friend" of mine for years. We've discussed everything under the sun, and I actually have a deep respect for the mind of this man. For a long time, I've been asking him to make an account here to post his unique and interesting point of view. Unfortunately, he is unwilling to do so. However, he's agreed to let me relay questions to him and allow me to post his answers.

I know this might not interest everyone, but I do know a few people who will really enjoy this chance.

The only rule is:

Any questions are allowed, but no attacks purely on the basis of his psychopathy. I'll relay his direct answer, and he will withhold information if he thinks it necessary.

This is your chance, folks. Learn about the mind of a psychopath, directly from one. I'm sure this will be an enlightening and intriguing thread.

• Like 1

Are you sure you don't mean sociopath? What has he done to be classified a physcho?

I know, in a very personal way, a diagnosed psychopath. He is very high functioning and intelligent, and he's been a "friend" of mine for years. We've discussed everything under the sun, and I actually have a deep respect for the mind of this man. For a long time, I've been asking him to make an account here to post his unique and interesting point of view. Unfortunately, he is unwilling to do so. However, he's agreed to let me relay questions to him and allow me to post his answers.

I know this might not interest everyone, but I do know a few people who will really enjoy this chance.

The only rule is:

Any questions are allowed, but no attacks purely on the basis of his psychopathy. I'll relay his direct answer, and he will withhold information if he thinks it necessary.

This is your chance, folks. Learn about the mind of a psychopath, directly from one. I'm sure this will be an enlightening and intriguing thread.

What does he see as the difference between a normal thinking person and himself?

Has he always been that way?

Interesting idea, Druid. Welcome back bro, the True Crime section is not the same without you my friend. :)

First: what kind of psychopath is he; primary, secondary, distempered ??

What is his view of the world ?? He hates women ?? I want to know if he sees other human beings as being nothing more than objects.

Thank you. :)

Are you sure you don't mean sociopath? What has he done to be classified a physcho?

I mean psychopath. I'm not sure what definition you are using; to me, a sociopath is a psychopath who has had his environment mold him into what he is, rather than being born that way.

Interesting idea, Druid. Welcome back bro, the True Crime section is not the same without you my friend.

Thanks, friend. :D

First: what kind of psychopath is he; primary, secondary, distempered ??

He is a primary psychopath; however, he still has some experience of anxiety/fear.

What is his view of the world ?? He hates women ?? I want to know if he sees other human beings as being nothing more than objects.

"The world is a playground. I don't hate women, but I wouldn't feel any 'negative emotions' if I were to harm them. As a child, and even into my teenaged years, I did see other people basically as objects. The world was about finding pleasure, for me, in the easiest way I could. I mastered the art of manipulating those around me, and because I was skilled at this I became seen amongst my associates as a paragon of virtue.

Now I have learned, intellectually, the true nature of other humans. I no longer treat them as objects. I have a deeper appreciation for the mind within the shell. That said, I am still far more important than they are. I obviously recognize that this is what my mind is saying, that it is a feeling generated by my unique brain structure. Still, I cannot change that, to me, there is nothing wrong with manipulation of the lesser humans I have encountered. I just do this in a more "ethical" manner, at least nowadays.

I don't even think hate is the right word for what I feel for other people. I just see them as tools, to be used as such. They allow me to do so. Ever since I had my child, I've looked at this as pack behaviour. My pack, like a wolf pack, includes my family (my child) and my current mate. My friends are included, if I truly value their presence. But anyone outside the pack is not to be treated the same.

I would lie to anyone, even in the pack. But I don't destroy the tools I value the most. I don't p*** in my own cereal."

• Like 3

What does he see as the difference between a normal thinking person and himself?

Has he always been that way?

"Other people are simple yet complex. They are guided by emotions. I am purely logical, and I do what I want based on my interpretation of this. I have always been this way. Neurotypicals are weak, they are unable to be themselves and are chained to the perceptions of other humans. I am ME. I will always be ME. And anyone like me is truly free. Truly able to do anything. My operating system comes with more features than other ones, in some ways. And in others, I lack. Yet, the features I lack seem to be glitches; they seem to weaken and lessen the power of others. I am glad that I am different. It makes me superior, though others might not see it due too the masks I put on."

• Like 1

"Other people are simple yet complex. They are guided by emotions. I am purely logical, and I do what I want based on my interpretation of this. I have always been this way. Neurotypicals are weak, they are unable to be themselves and are chained to the perceptions of other humans. I am ME. I will always be ME. And anyone like me is truly free. Truly able to do anything. My operating system comes with more features than other ones, in some ways. And in others, I lack. Yet, the features I lack seem to be glitches; they seem to weaken and lessen the power of others. I am glad that I am different. It makes me superior, though others might not see it due too the masks I put on."

This sounds like he has adopted the identity of a robot.

If you are a complete jerk to your friend does it upset him?

This sounds like he has adopted the identity of a robot.

If you are a complete jerk to your friend does it upset him?

I'm not sure if you're asking him or me. I've never been a complete jerk to him, and he says that obviously it irritates others if he doesn't apply the right mask to the situation.

I'm not sure if you're asking him or me. I've never been a complete jerk to him, and he says that obviously it irritates others if he doesn't apply the right mask to the situation.

Try being a jerk to him to see if it upsets him.

If it does explain to him thats why he should treat others correctly because otherwise they feel like that too. See if the cogs go around.

Try being a jerk to him to see if it upsets him.

If it does explain to him thats why he should treat others correctly because otherwise they feel like that too. See if the cogs go around.

"You think like that because you are neurotypical. Ha! My pack loves me. I am good to those who deserve it, and, IMO, that includes my pack. Do you think that I would have talked to your pal D-L if he had disrespected me as you advise? Look, I'm not your everyday ****up. I know that the way I deal with other people is "wrong", at least by normal standards. That doesn't mean I give two ****s about how they feel."

• Like 1

Interesting topic. I live with a person I believe has psychopathic tendencies, although he is not nearly as intelligent as this friend of yours appear to be.

Generally psychopaths lack in planning for the future or motivation too build a better future for themselves.

Could you ask him where does he see himself in 10 years?

"You think like that because you are neurotypical. Ha! My pack loves me. I am good to those who deserve it, and, IMO, that includes my pack. Do you think that I would have talked to your pal D-L if he had disrespected me as you advise? Look, I'm not your everyday ****up. I know that the way I deal with other people is "wrong", at least by normal standards. That doesn't mean I give two ****s about how they feel."

To him -

Why is the way you deal with other people wrong?

Why arent you bothered by how they feel?

Why do you care how your pack views you?

Why would you stop talking to DL if he disrespected you and you have no feelings?

Edited by Mr Right Wing
  • Like 1

Interesting topic. I live with a person I believe has psychopathic tendencies, although he is not nearly as intelligent as this friend of yours appear to be.

Generally psychopaths lack in planning for the future or motivation too build a better future for themselves.

Could you ask him where does he see himself in 10 years?

"I'm currently pursuing a political career. In ten years, I'll be where I want to be, politically. I'm very aware of the deficits that are attributed to psychopaths. For almost five years I've planned this, and I'm not letting it fail. I'm not the average psychopath, and I will not allow myself to be destroyed by the false perceptions of the neurotypical masses."

• Like 1

What are some of your favorite simple pleasures? Like eating ice cream, or being barefoot in grass.. those kind of things.

"I'm currently pursuing a political career. In ten years, I'll be where I want to be, politically. I'm very aware of the deficits that are attributed to psychopaths. For almost five years I've planned this, and I'm not letting it fail. I'm not the average psychopath, and I will not allow myself to be destroyed by the false perceptions of the neurotypical masses."

I wouldn't call it false perception, it is a trait generally associated with psychopaths, amongst others, like egocentricity.

Would you consider yourself dangerous to someone who threatens your career.

"Other people are simple yet complex. They are guided by emotions. I am purely logical, and I do what I want based on my interpretation of this. I have always been this way. Neurotypicals are weak, they are unable to be themselves and are chained to the perceptions of other humans. I am ME. I will always be ME. And anyone like me is truly free. Truly able to do anything. My operating system comes with more features than other ones, in some ways. And in others, I lack. Yet, the features I lack seem to be glitches; they seem to weaken and lessen the power of others. I am glad that I am different. It makes me superior (emphasis mine), though others might not see it due too the masks I put on."

Ask your "friend" what he thinks the world would be like if there were more people like himself. How would the human race--civilizations, technology, etc.--be different if the world were composed entirely of individuals who think with the mind of a psychopath?

Edited by Cybele

One of our adopted children is a sociopath or maybe even a psychopath.

His entire life can be summed up as a guy who has never spoken to his neighbor in 5 years until he decides he needs his neighbor’s chain saw. So he waits to catch him outside and strikes up a “friendly” conversation with his neighbor so he can ask to borrow it. This sociopath is a “friendly” “charming” fellow so the neighbor feels free talking to him and tells a lot about himself. The sociopath files all this away for future reference to use his neighbor again.

We all might think “So what? Haven’t we all done that to borrow something or get something?”

But this is his entire world. It is how he makes life work for him. This "neighbor" in my example represents every single human in his life. We are objects to our son. He is a chronic liar and manipulator. He has no remorse when he has physically hurt someone or some animal.

Not being able to connect to him except on a very superficial level is heartbreaking. To be lied to and never know which end is up from him is frustrating. To hear of him with a new girlfriend, or a new pet is downright frightening. Seeing his current flame head over heels for him and believing he actually loves her is difficult and fearful.

He has never had therapy and not learned how to be a successful adult as he is.

We love him and can’t help him. We can’t trust him. We can’t allow him alone with our pets or his sister.

It took us 4 years to figure out what we were dealing with, how serious his behavioral issues were. He is an artist at manipulating people and had many years to study people being in and out of foster homes for years.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling but I really do have questions:

Help? Some insight? Some directions for dealing with him? How do you "feel loved"? How might he prefer to be dealt with?

That's too many questions, so anything would be helpful.

PS He is an adult and does not live at home or even near us. But we are in contact with him frequently.

Edited by QuiteContrary

I don't like this thread, I think you are encouraging people to talk behind other people's back but assuming they wouldn't be offended anyway because they are unfeeling psychopaths or sociopaths or whatever. Sorry if it sounds like I am trolling :hmm:

Of course, it seems rather clear that Druid and his "friend" are the same.

But that's OK, do carry on.

• Like 3

Of course, it seems rather clear that Druid and his "friend" are the same.

But that's OK, do carry on.

I was thinking the same. I work with people with severe personality disorders. In over 20 years I never met one that half as much insight. Psychopaths can't define themselves the way the rest of us might. They don't see themselves the way we see them.

I don't like this thread, I think you are encouraging people to talk behind other people's back but assuming they wouldn't be offended anyway because they are unfeeling psychopaths or sociopaths or whatever. Sorry if it sounds like I am trolling :hmm:

Imo, that is the problem, "let's hide things in the closet, you might hurt someone's feelings". I say get it out, search it out. Whatever it takes.

Walk through life with a sociopathic or psychopathic son and see how desperate you become.

His feelings won't be hurt. I would pay the price not him.

• Like 1

I somehow feel threatened but also attracted to this person (well, the idea of them as I don't know them). That got me wondering why I always like the bad guy, ask this person (I assume he knows more about human psychology than I do) why people are attracted to 'bad people'? Daddy issues? A sort of self protection? Curious. Danke.